U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 05:45 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,486,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Sorry but I forgot how to pm. Can anyone help me out? I swear, it's the age thing. My mind can go 20 miles an hour but forget the important stuff. Guess I'll have to write it down, if I remember where I put the note.
Meo, click on the person's name. Then when the "window" or "box" below the name, click on " direct message."

Old 10-10-2016, 07:42 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
So last night's debate cemented my opinion of the candidates and their dubious policies. Once again, no mention of seniors or social security. I guess Republicans are stymied by the candidate they now have in place and what to do about it at this late date. We have never had an election in this country like this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Meo, click on the person's name. Then when the "window" or "box" below the name, click on " direct message."
Thank you so much. I will write it down.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:29 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
Quote:
Yesterday I took the dogs to the dog park, wishing I had someone to talk to, since my daughter and I are on the outs and not communicating.

Every single person there (about 5 or 6) was on their phone, thumbing away. So, I just talked to all the dogs instead.
I was at the grocery store awhile ago. There were 3 people waiting in line at the bank and all three were on their phones. I saw a child walk right into traffic playing on her phone

Old 10-11-2016, 05:17 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Yesterday I took the dogs to the dog park, wishing I had someone to talk to, since my daughter and I are on the outs and not communicating.

Every single person there (about 5 or 6) was on their phone, thumbing away. So, I just talked to all the dogs instead.

I can sympathize with you PhxBarb. I have many days when the only conversation I have is with my two cats. Haven't spoken with my daughter in over a year and my son is in turmoil right now and does not want to talk (he's in OK).

Some days I think my best conversations are with my pets. No conflict, no arguing. Just simple love.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:48 AM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
As long as we're discussing politics in this thread, how about this nutjob who happens to be the Governor of Oklahoma:

Oklahoma’s oil and gas sector, one of the biggest in the country, is in bad shape. So bad that the state’s governor has called for divine intervention....

Last month, Fallin (R) dubbed Thursday, Oct. 13, “Oilfield Prayer Day.” In a one page-page proclamation, she called on all Christians to “thank*God for the blessings created by the oil and natural gas industry and to seek His wisdom and ask for protection.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory

Old 10-11-2016, 11:09 AM

238 posts, read 197,909 times
"Status: "There is no joy in Trumpville, mighty Crazy has struck out."

Good one!!!!

Old 10-11-2016, 01:29 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,568,407 times
I have several relatives in Texas who are praying for an oil comeback.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:26 PM

3,759 posts, read 4,274,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
As long as we're discussing politics in this thread, how about this nutjob who happens to be the Governor of Oklahoma:

Oklahoma’s oil and gas sector, one of the biggest in the country, is in bad shape. So bad that the state’s governor has called for divine intervention....

Last month, Fallin (R) dubbed Thursday, Oct. 13, “Oilfield Prayer Day.” In a one page-page proclamation, she called on all Christians to “thank*God for the blessings created by the oil and natural gas industry and to seek His wisdom and ask for protection.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
Like most politicians, Fallin plays to her constituency.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:47 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
A friend who has a large farm near me brought over 40 POUNDS of concord grapes today. So far I've canned 30 pints of grape jelly. Ya know, that tastes a lot different from the store bought stuff. I'm out of jars, will get more tomorrow. I'll never have to buy grape jelly again!

And, I still have 12 jars of the cactus pear jelly I made in September. Need apricots now.

And so it goes...

Old 10-11-2016, 11:14 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
A friend who has a large farm near me brought over 40 POUNDS of concord grapes today. So far I've canned 30 pints of grape jelly. Ya know, that tastes a lot different from the store bought stuff. I'm out of jars, will get more tomorrow. I'll never have to buy grape jelly again!

S.C.
And, I still have 12 jars of the cactus pear jelly I made in September. Need apricots now.

And so it goes...
I'll bet the local Red Cross Hd'q office in Charleston, S.C would be greatfull beyond description to distribute a dozen of those jars to 12 needy families whose life has been destroyed due to the hurricane.

I'd put a sticky label on each jar that says:...."Home made Grape Jelly from JIM IN COLORADO"...GOD BLESS YOU!

......No offense intended, just a thought......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement