U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-22-2016, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Western Colorado
11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Reputation: 26582

Advertisements

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.


Smoking a beef brisket and turkey for Christmas, then travelling a whole 10 miles to spend it with family. Snow forecast for Christmas Day, looking forward to it. Still a few inches of snow here from the last storm.


Everyone have a Merry Christmas.

 
Old 12-22-2016, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Central NY
4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Reputation: 12643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.


Smoking a beef brisket and turkey for Christmas, then travelling a whole 10 miles to spend it with family. Snow forecast for Christmas Day, looking forward to it. Still a few inches of snow here from the last storm.


Everyone have a Merry Christmas.
I wish you a Merry Christmas too, Jim.

Re your first sentence which I bolded, where are all the brave people of yesteryear? So much fear going on here. So we did not get our candidate elected and now we are all running scared of what might happen next.

You can all ride that train if you want to. I call that giving up. What have we become as a people?
 
Old 12-22-2016, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Central NY
4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Reputation: 12643
Taking a chance that I can write this here. And please, please, I do not mean to offend ANYONE!! This is strictly my thoughts and questions. I respect the fact that others have a totally different view.

That being said, does anyone here believe in God? Do you read the bible? In particular the last book in the bible, Revelations? Do you believe in the second coming of Christ?

Because I do, I do not carry the fear that so many people do regarding Trump and our country/world. I won't go into it as then it might get preachy and I don't want to do that. We are all grown people here with our own beliefs and attitudes.

But I will say that I am thankful for my beliefs. I see things happening as they have been predicted. I am not surprised nor fearful.

I wish only peace for those who are not feeling it.

And Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it.
 
Old 12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
 
30,037 posts, read 35,229,823 times
Reputation: 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.


Smoking a beef brisket and turkey for Christmas, then travelling a whole 10 miles to spend it with family. Snow forecast for Christmas Day, looking forward to it. Still a few inches of snow here from the last storm.


Everyone have a Merry Christmas.
What do u use as a smoker? I am smoking a Turkey Breast and ribs. The wife is doing a brisket in the Crock pit
 
Old 12-22-2016, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Western Colorado
11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Reputation: 26582
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What do u use as a smoker? I am smoking a Turkey Breast and ribs. The wife is doing a brisket in the Crock pit
I use my smoker as a smoker. Large metal drum for the meat with a side box for the charcoal and hickory chips.
 
Old 12-22-2016, 10:54 AM
 
30,037 posts, read 35,229,823 times
Reputation: 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I use my smoker as a smoker. Large metal drum for the meat with a side box for the charcoal and hickory chips.
Bada Bing Old School
 
Old 12-22-2016, 12:08 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Reputation: 34750
Anybody want any SNOW? You could have a white Christmas, just come and get it, lol.

It's coming down thick and heavy today. So there's enough for everyone!
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
 
Old 12-22-2016, 12:13 PM
 
6,618 posts, read 5,275,385 times
Reputation: 13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.


Smoking a beef brisket and turkey for Christmas, then travelling a whole 10 miles to spend it with family. Snow forecast for Christmas Day, looking forward to it. Still a few inches of snow here from the last storm.


Everyone have a Merry Christmas.
That sounds so good. I would love to have brisket for Christmas!! Think I will make sure we at least buy some from the local bbq place.

Have a wonderful christmas
 
Old 12-22-2016, 12:19 PM
 
4,315 posts, read 2,614,115 times
Reputation: 7695
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Anybody want any SNOW? You could have a white Christmas, just come and get it, lol.

It's coming down thick and heavy today. So there's enough for everyone!
No thank you.


This former Minnesotan's memory of a perfect white Christmas was one year when we had no snow on the ground and Christmas morning we had white everywhere.


A thick hoar frost covered all the trees and bushes.
 
Old 12-22-2016, 01:51 PM
 
6,618 posts, read 5,275,385 times
Reputation: 13732
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Taking a chance that I can write this here. And please, please, I do not mean to offend ANYONE!! This is strictly my thoughts and questions. I respect the fact that others have a totally different view.

That being said, does anyone here believe in God? Do you read the bible? In particular the last book in the bible, Revelations? Do you believe in the second coming of Christ?

Because I do, I do not carry the fear that so many people do regarding Trump and our country/world. I won't go into it as then it might get preachy and I don't want to do that. We are all grown people here with our own beliefs and attitudes.

But I will say that I am thankful for my beliefs. I see things happening as they have been predicted. I am not surprised nor fearful.

I wish only peace for those who are not feeling it.

And Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it.
Even though I go to Mass occasionally and help out with church events, I don't believe in those things. I enjoy the camaraderie of the people and doing good deals.

Everyone has their personal Revelation/second coming because it can be whatever it means to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top