U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 08:52 AM

6,618 posts, read 5,275,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
The sinus problem was only the beginning.

Very upset stomach, wondered if I should call an ambulance but decided not to. Headache that doesn't want to go away. Took some generic Tylenol but only made my stomach feel worse.

Not going to be a happy holiday here.
Sounds awful. Maybe a trip to the ER is in order.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:00 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:

Very upset stomach, wondered if I should call an ambulance but decided not to. Headache that doesn't want to go away. Took some generic Tylenol but only made my stomach feel worse.

Oh never take Tylenol with a bad stomach. Ritz crackers and Sprite works for me. A sinus infection can turn into pneumonia, time to go to the ER or urgent care.

Get well, Merry Christmas.

And on another note, lit the smoker and beef brisket, turkey, ribs ready to go on later. Snow on the ground but clearing 28 degrees this morning.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:28 AM

30,037 posts, read 35,229,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Oh never take Tylenol with a bad stomach. Ritz crackers and Sprite works for me. A sinus infection can turn into pneumonia, time to go to the ER or urgent care.

Get well, Merry Christmas.

And on another note, lit the smoker and beef brisket, turkey, ribs ready to go on later. Snow on the ground but clearing 28 degrees this morning.
Have a great smoke. I have already started Ribs on Turkey soon we are having Christmas Eve dinner here and brunch tomorrow at sons house.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:31 AM

30,037 posts, read 35,229,823 times
Quote:

Sounds like me with my allergies being bad. The stomach is quite possible from the sinus drainage going down and upsetting your stomach and the headache may well be a sinus headache. You are in NY city right?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new...weather/349727

If in NY you can see from the above today is a at risk day for sinus headaches.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:02 AM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:

I hope you feel better. Have you tried eating something like hot soup? (I've got some going in the slow cooker but I'd need a drone to send it all the way to NY state, lol.) Do you have a nice neighbor you could call? It's hard to make a decision of what to do when you're alone. Maybe you caught some sort of bug that's going around.

Dark and rainy here. Bleh. and I'm reminded of the lines from the Robert Frost poem, "But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep."

Old 12-24-2016, 12:17 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I live alone, this time of year everyone busy, can't trust myself to drive anywhere right now.

Sorry to be so descriptive, but projectile vomiting and diarrhea really kept me down. My ribs hurt from the vomiting. I don't really think it was just sinus. I've had sinus infections in the past and I know this was not like that in any way.

Wouldn't you know...... no soup, no Sprite, all the things that might have been easy going down. Once I can navigate again, I'll be heading for the store!

Jim, I had never heard that about Tylenol before. And Ritz crackers. I'll be sure to remember that. Thank you.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:41 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,352,605 times
Default Maybe the flu

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I live alone, this time of year everyone busy, can't trust myself to drive anywhere right now.

Sorry to be so descriptive, but projectile vomiting and diarrhea really kept me down. My ribs hurt from the vomiting. I don't really think it was just sinus. I've had sinus infections in the past and I know this was not like that in any way.

Wouldn't you know...... no soup, no Sprite, all the things that might have been easy going down. Once I can navigate again, I'll be heading for the store!

Jim, I had never heard that about Tylenol before. And Ritz crackers. I'll be sure to remember that. Thank you.
Several friends of mine have the flu right now - despite taking the flu shot. I hope you feel better very soon.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Several friends of mine have the flu right now - despite taking the flu shot. I hope you feel better very soon.
I've wondered about the flu. I did get the shot but apparently it didn't have the "right stuff" in it.

I stuck my head out the door to the hallway where I heard someone out there hoping she would have a bottle of sprite (she did not) and she said many people in our building are ill.

So much for eating any good food this Christmas.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:14 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:
I've wondered about the flu. I did get the shot but apparently it didn't have the "right stuff" in it.

I stuck my head out the door to the hallway where I heard someone out there hoping she would have a bottle of sprite (she did not) and she said many people in our building are ill.

So much for eating any good food this Christmas.
I looked up flu symptoms and yours didn't seem to fit but who knows? I had the flu last year and, while I wasn't too sick, I did sleep 24/7 and it lasted about a week.

Maybe you'll feel well enough tomorrow to eat something--or just hold off and have a great feast on New Years!

Old 12-24-2016, 05:04 PM

I used to get the "flu" every year before I started getting the flu shots. While I didn't get the full force of the flu I used to get, I still got something every year.

I think the flu has many symptoms. They seem to be finding different strains every year.

I'll be glad when I can get to a store. Not sure what is open now and wouldn't go tonight anyway.... but maybe tomorrow if something is opened. Thank goodness for Google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement