Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 07:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
newenglandgirl: Thank you for all the info on nutmeg. I never knew most of what you wrote. I've got to start using it.

In Barnes & Noble they offer cinnamon for your coffee. I've never tried it but now I think I will.
I take cinnamon to keep my blood sugar in line and to use as a warming spice. There are lots of home remedies that are safe but it's always good to check with the doc if you're on any meds, they can tell you any adverse interactions.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LOL bmom, what happened to your old ID? CD cops after you? Don't answer if it's NOMB.

None of My Business! I just figured it out.

My old laptop quit and I could not get back in with my new one. Someone here told me that a moderator could help but I didn't know how to get in touch with one until today

b'smom

Old 07-28-2015, 06:31 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
I seem to recall the computer fail now....... another senior moment

Nutmeg for clearer skin? Let me at it!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2015, 01:04 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,753 times
As another poster wrote on a previous page, I need to do a rant.

What is wrong with people? I am so thoroughly disgusted, angry etc. with what people do to others and to animals.

My first encounter today was reading of a Minnesota dentist who shot Zimbabwe's favorite lion. There is a picture of two men standing with the dead animal beaming from ear to ear. These people make me sick. They won't be eating the lion. They just want the trophy. Is that all this animal was worth? A trophy? This does not fly with me and if I ever had the ability, I would stop it.

The second read was how a local couple chained a dog to a fixture in back of the house, starved the poor animal, left it out in the 90+ degrees temperatures. When first discovered, the dog was taken to a vet who mercifully euthanized it. Why do people do it?

Third, and no doubt more importantly, an 11 year old mentally challenged child who was not able to take her medicine was put outside the house and not allowed back in. She had on fleece pajamas and winter boots. Again 90+ degree temps. And when the cops came, mom would not let the child in....... take her away, I don't want her, the mother said.

And lastly, and it's only 3:03 p.m. EST, an 8 year old girl in California went missing and her body was found in a dumpster. A 15-16 y/o boy is charged with her murder.

Stop the planet. I want to get off. Just another reason I cannot believe God is so loving and forgiving. Certainly not in any of the above cases.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:19 PM

Quick, where's the wine? It's five o'clock somewhere. It's getting to the point that I don't want to hear the news anymore, just the weather.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Quick, where's the wine? It's five o'clock somewhere. It's getting to the point that I don't want to hear the news anymore, just the weather.
Some people do not listen to the news. I know a couple of women who do. I haven't been able to shut it out.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:31 PM

I've always been a news hound but lately can barelt stand it. When they show pictures of suspects I turn my head away, I can't stand to look at their faces.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I've always been a news hound but lately can barelt stand it. When they show pictures of suspects I turn my head away, I can't stand to look at their faces.
They show so many things they never showed before that I think some of us have become "hardened" and not shocked. Which in my humble opinion is sad. There is something about only hearing and not seeing that has an advantage.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:12 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post

What is wrong with people? I am so thoroughly disgusted, angry etc. with what people do to others and to animals.

My first encounter today was reading of a Minnesota dentist who shot Zimbabwe's favorite lion. There is a picture of two men standing with the dead animal beaming from ear to ear. These people make me sick. They won't be eating the lion. They just want the trophy. Is that all this animal was worth? A trophy? This does not fly with me and if I ever had the ability, I would stop it.
Talk about coincidence!

Just a few hours ago someone on Facebook sent me the article with pictures about that dentist who killed the lion for sport. I am sick with disgust!

Back on the topic of home remedies I like to remind folks of the benefits of Witch Hazel. This is a wonderful astringent and I find it very refreshing to splash it on my face after shaving. It helps on skin that is irritated, sunburned, etc. Witch Hazel is very soothing to the "nether regions" and gives relief to itching, rashes, and hemorrhoids.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:20 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Back on the topic of home remedies I like to remind folks of the benefits of Witch Hazel. This is a wonderful astringent and I find it very refreshing to splash it on my face after shaving. It helps on skin that is irritated, sunburned, etc. Witch Hazel is very soothing to the "nether regions" and gives relief to itching, rashes, and hemorrhoids.

Love witch hazel, also good to put on legs with varicose veins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement