Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 PM

6,954 posts, read 11,984,496 times

Advertisements

Well I thought the debate was ok but have changed my mind about Donald Trump. I cannot fathom him as president of the USA. He reminds me of an egotistical narcissistic maniac.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:16 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,099,618 times
.....How about a "Just-For-Fun" GOP Ticket Guess" now, and then another follow-up Guess after 2nd debate (Sept 16th?)...I realize the GOP Nat'l Convention isn't until July 18>21, 2016....just thought this would be fun.

Remember this is not a Political Discussion Thread...., just a Guess as to the GOP Ticket.

Here's my "Guess"!

PRES: Marco Rubio with Carly Fiorina as Vice Pres.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:16 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,467,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
PRES: Marco Rubio with Carly Fiorina as Vice Pres.
I appreciate that they both did well in the debates but that's an artificial bar. As a pair, they're lacking. IMO Rubio will better serve under the ticket as a VP candidate.
Fiorina makes a nice listen but her record is such a turn-off that I'm reluctant to commit. As a senior who worked 45+ years in various venues, I knew too many exec's who could talk pretty but couldn't walk the talk. To date she's shown nothing to say she's different.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:06 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,898,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Well I thought the debate was ok but have changed my mind about Donald Trump. I cannot fathom him as president of the USA. He reminds me of an egotistical narcissistic maniac.
"Reminds" you of one?"

Old 08-08-2015, 09:43 AM

11,138 posts, read 15,906,021 times
Quote:
Wait a minute. Does that mean that before the debate you actually supported that nut?

BTW, have you heard the latest? He was on CNN last night and made a comment so misogynistic, so sexist, that even other Republicans are now rebuking him, and he has been disinvited to tonight's big conservative gathering. In further discussing Megyn Kelly, he made the following comment:

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

You can listen to him rant about her here: Trump: Megyn Kelly had 'blood coming out of her wherever' - CNNPolitics.com

Old 08-08-2015, 10:23 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,647,543 times
I think this is all very interesting. I wish there was a place to discuss this election without risking mayhem. I am itching for conversation.

Thanks for the link, Madman

boogie'smom

Old 08-08-2015, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,118,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
I think this is all very interesting. I wish there was a place to discuss this election without risking mayhem. I am itching for conversation.

Thanks for the link, Madman

boogie'smom
There is an election form here on C-D

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/

Old 08-08-2015, 10:51 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There is an election form here on C-D

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/

you missed the "without risking mayhem" part of my post

I get into enough trouble here

boogie'smom

edited to say..... thank you for the link. I did go and look. I think I am looking for real time conversation. If I am ever lonely, this is the reason.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:18 AM

6,954 posts, read 11,984,496 times
Listen up Madman: I never supported him but am always OPEN to new ideas, new options to find someone who can FIX this country and put it back to the way I remember it.

But Trump cannot open his mouth without name calling. DT is rude without respect for anyone. Have you ever heard a president speak about and to others this way? Just because he has all that money means nothing. His business experience might help us but the rest of his personality negates any of that. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. He is just a jerk of the first order. JHMO

Old 08-08-2015, 11:34 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,898,619 times
Quote:
But Trump cannot open his mouth without name calling. DT is rude without respect for anyone. Have you ever heard a president speak about and to others this way? Just because he has all that money means nothing. His business experience might help us but the rest of his personality negates any of that. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. He is just a jerk of the first order. JHMO
One's "policies" (and all nominees promise them) are imo far far less important than respect for one's constituents, all of us. If the GOP can't nominate someone better than DT, it's a sad day for our country. Plus, a nomination of Trump ensures a shoo-in for Hillary, if anyone's concerned about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement