Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times

Advertisements

Every Fall I get a monster sinus infection and this year is no different. The first antibiotic I got gave me runs to the bathroom. So now the second one is better, yet not doing the fast recovery I usually have from this sick head. And in just 10 days I am going on a trip to DC with my kids, so I want this gone. And I am also very crabby. So forgive me if I sound beside myself !!

Take care Holly. Hate hate sickness.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:52 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,755,944 times
Good luck with getting rid of the sinus infection before you travel, sinus pressure is the worst! DH came down with a cold this week and I’m hoping he doesn’t share it with me. The grandkids and I are washing hands along with no hugging or kissing DH until he’s better.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:20 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I was driving home from Miami Beach on I-95 in my 2014 car last Thursday afternoon when all of a sudden I experienced rumbling and shaking. At first I thought I might have a flat tire, but then I noticed the check engine light on the dash started flashing. As I looked to see how far I was from an exit (I was close), I stepped on the gas and noticed a lack of power, as well as heavy smoke coming out of the tailpipe. I made it to the bottom of the exit ramp and pulled onto the cross street and turned the car engine off. I subsequently had the car towed to my local dealership.

On Friday I was advised that the problem was a bad injector, and that the service department would be replacing all of the injectors on that side of the engine, a leaking injector on the other side, as well as replacing all spark plugs and changing the fluids. They also had to replace the vacuum pump. I picked my car up yesterday afternoon and was advised that the total cost for that repair was $5,165.

So why do I consider my car breaking down on an Interstate highway last Thursday afternoon to be exquisite timing?

Because my four-year warranty was due to expire two days after I broke down, on Saturday, Sept. 29th, so I didn't have to pay a penny for the repair.
Sweet

Old 10-06-2018, 11:28 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

So why do I consider my car breaking down on an Interstate highway last Thursday afternoon to be exquisite timing?

Because my four-year warranty was due to expire two days after I broke down, on Saturday, Sept. 29th, so I didn't have to pay a penny for the repair.
I love stories like this!
A friend broke down on an Interstate this past summer on a blistering hot day but by sheer happenstance had a lawn chair, camping canopy, and case of LaCroix in her car.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:52 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
It's been cool with rain every day this week. VERY nice. Forecast tonight in the 30's with snow showers, and the mountains surrounding me are all snow covered. FINALLY this stupid oppressive summer is done.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:32 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,191,341 times
Woke up about 3:00am. to a T-storm here in Phoenix! This does not happen too often. The Payson area and east, up in the mountains got some snow, too.

Jim, I'm happy to hear you are finally having some nice weather. Enjoy the rain and the cooler weather.

Barb -- sorry to hear you have been under the weather, and Jean, sorry your Hubby has been too.

I have been reading the news about this terrible wreck in upstate NY involving the limo. 20 deaths is terrible! Very sad.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:46 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,753 times
^^^^^^^^^ 18 people were in the limo. Two were pedestrians.

There are no other details.

I heard from a friend who lost two cousins and other family in this wreck.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:38 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
We still have a few days until the autumn weather hits us. Right now it is 86 and got 80s coming until Thursday. Then we get the long awaited change to 60s during the day and 40s at night. Really looking forward to finally putting the electric mattress pad on the bed and starting about the middle of December, watching the forecast for the possibility of snow.

Got to get over to the store sometime to get Halloween handouts. I give out Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme cookies, and we get over 400 kids here, so I am going to get 40 boxes. So different from Florida where we would get maybe 10 kids.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:46 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Woke up about 3:00am. to a T-storm here in Phoenix! This does not happen too often. The Payson area and east, up in the mountains got some snow, too.

We had a heavy rain sometime early this morning but I must have slept through that one. Had another one about 1 PM but only lasted about 15 minutes. I saw Snowbowl got 6" of snow and saw pics of the snow plows in Flagstaff. Also on SR 89 between Strawberry and Flagstaff. Pretty early for all of that! What happened to fall??

Old 10-07-2018, 10:15 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Went to look at a two bedroom cabin at 8,000 feet in the county I want to live in today AFTER talking to the owner, getting a price and details. No problem with my dog.

Wood floors, nice patio overlooking a mountain range, wood burning heater, on a few acres. I said ok and got the check book out. He said, "oh after talking with the wife, we decided the price would be..." ( which is $300.00 a month more than first given me ).

No, you told me this price. "Well now it's this price. Take it or leave it, there's a list of people wanting this".

I walked off shaking my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement