U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,492,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
SS is the last thing I want to worry about in retirement.

I love the stock market and enjoy it.

You really can't look outside of yourself can you? Tsk, tsk

Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,969,510 times
Quote:
Parents should NOT have children if they are going to be raised poor.
If I had a kid, I would want my child to drive the latest and the greatest car in high school. I would want all the kids in high school to be jeolous of my child.

This is a joke surely. You've gotta be kidding. Where did you get your view of yourself?

We do not lack anything in USA. Its the greatest and the best on the planet. We produce the most billionaires and millionaires here by far.

You have no idea whatsoever what poverty in the U.S. looks like and the reasons for it. You are clueless or arrogant or both.

I come from a South Asian culture so I know what is taking care of someone is. I take care of my mother.

Where were you educated and what do you do for a living? If your parents did so well, like you, why do you have to take care of your mother?

Bums don't deserve my support. They should get their butt up and look for a job. Not my fault if they are Alcoholics, etc.

Who deserves your support? Did you mom work for a living and did she amass the kind of fortune for herself that you are?
Just a few questions so we can better understand where you are coming from (literally).

Old 09-21-2011, 04:48 PM

2,902 posts, read 4,580,910 times
Quote:
If I had a kid, I would want my child to drive the latest and the greatest car in high school. I would want all the kids in high school to be jeolous of my child.
You do your child NO favors by spoiling them, trust me on that. Easy come, easy go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
It is a very good thing that you did not become a parent - you are clueless.
Catt, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,052,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You can drop the victim card. It's not your race, whatever that may or may not be. It's your personality, or lack thereof.
Lol. You brought the 'race' topic up so I was just responding.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I have two sons, one is in the AF and the other is in college to top it all off my wife plans on going to law school. I can't imagine not leaving anything to my family if something would happen to me
If you can afford the kids then more power to you.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:14 PM

When you say 'minority' , what do you mean by that?

This is the parents fault for having this child? Why should the child have to suffer?

Lets talk about this couple's health first? Why was this child born with complications? Also, they took a RISK by having this child. Even I was born with lot of complications. I have plenty of health issues then the a normal person on the planet so I do NOT complain.

Quote:
How about that minority urban kid who is at the mercy of uncaring and underfunded school system. On top of going to bed hungry every night he/she has to walk through several gang plagued blocks to get to and from school.

Hmm, can't relate? Ok how about the young man who lived all of his life in a rural small town, working at the local mill for mini-wage in an effort to save up enough money to go to college in the neighboring city. Unfortunately the mill closes and he is stuck with no job or the ability to travel to school?

Still can't? How about that young married couple who both had good jobs and after a couple of years of saving, they had a beautiful baby girl, who was born unfortunately with complications. The medical insurance did not cover the whole bil and what was left put the couple in debt that they could ill afford.

These are not just stories that I made up, this happens everyday in different parts of the country. So just because you were able to take advantage of your current situation does not mean everyone else is as fortunate

The really sad thing about it, was that two of the examples that I gave you were from first hand experiences the other was through someone that I knew

Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
You really can't look outside of yourself can you? Tsk, tsk
I have. Known people. Been there, done that. Been through it. I am just an optimist.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM

In the high school I went, there were lot of students who drove brand new Beamers and Lexus'.

I know what poverty is inside and outside of USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User

This is a joke surely. You've gotta be kidding. Where did you get your view of yourself?

We do not lack anything in USA. Its the greatest and the best on the planet. We produce the most billionaires and millionaires here by far.

You have no idea whatsoever what poverty in the U.S. looks like and the reasons for it. You are clueless or arrogant or both.

I come from a South Asian culture so I know what is taking care of someone is. I take care of my mother.

Where were you educated and what do you do for a living? If your parents did so well, like you, why do you have to take care of your mother?

Bums don't deserve my support. They should get their butt up and look for a job. Not my fault if they are Alcoholics, etc.

Who deserves your support? Did you mom work for a living and did she amass the kind of fortune for herself that you are?

Just a few questions so we can better understand where you are coming from (literally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post

Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,471,910 times
Quote:
Lol. You brought the 'race' topic up so I was just responding.
Either your memory is lacking, your comprehension is faulty or you're less than bright. Go back and look at post #152 - yours. In fact, let me help you with that:

Quote:
I know what racism is, trust me. Been through it and probably going through it now also.
Ring a bell? If that's not playing the race card...

But not to worry. With unending strings of self-promotional posts it's no wonder you might get confused.

Thik I'll now cease running my cranium into the mortared impediment lest I start expecting different results.

G'Day!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 PM

Well you brought word 'Race' so I was just responding to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Either your memory is lacking, your comprehension is faulty or you're less than bright. Go back and look at post #152 - yours. In fact, let me help you with that:

Ring a bell? If that's not playing the race card...

But not to worry. With unending strings of self-promotional posts it's no wonder you might get confused.

Thik I'll now cease running my cranium into the mortared impediment lest I start expecting different results.

G'Day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or