U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 05:45 AM

16,042 posts, read 18,971,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
In the high school I went, there were lot of students who drove brand new Beamers and Lexus'.

I know what poverty is inside and outside of USA.
Did you grow up poor, and if so, why?

Any answers to my questions, above?

Old 09-22-2011, 06:52 AM

13,300 posts, read 10,493,789 times
Quote:
If you can afford the kids then more power to you.
Children rather you believe it or not are blessings and not "assests or liabilites", as long as you look at them as a part of a spreadsheet you never experience the joy that they can bring

Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
When you say 'minority' , what do you mean by that?

I will make it simple for you to understand, ANYONE WHO IS NOT IN THE MAJORITY

This is the parents fault for having this child? Why should the child have to suffer?

Why does it have to be someone's fault?, Two people who are perfectly healthy sometimes have probelms during birth which is no fault of their own. I guess that you never heard of congenial birth defects either. Hmm, apparently you are not as smart as I thought

Lets talk about this couple's health first? Why was this child born with complications? Also, they took a RISK by having this child. Even I was born with lot of complications. I have plenty of health issues then the a normal person on the planet so I do NOT complain.
You really cannot look outside of yourself can you? How in the hell can you compare your old azz with a newborn child? I just figured it out, you are one of those "special people" are'nt you?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,778,846 times
What's the point of this discussion?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 AM

2,902 posts, read 4,581,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Just a few questions so we can better understand where you are coming from (literally).
NewEnglandGirl brings up some good points.

TexasUser, you have not answered her questions. I'm particularly interested in knowing why you have to take care of your mother (I'm assuming financially?). Was she relying only on Social Security? I'm smelling a whiff of hypocrisy here.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,154,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
NewEnglandGirl brings up some good points.

TexasUser, you have not answered her questions. I'm particularly interested in knowing why you have to take care of your mother (I'm assuming financially?). Was she relying only on Social Security? I'm smelling a whiff of hypocrisy here.
Perhaps his mom is an immigrant to this country so has no social security benefits - or she is still in another country and he sends her money. Or maybe she and his dad are first generation immigrants and paid little into the social security system. Maybe the reason he is so hyped about the topic of SS is - he sees how little SS pays and so has these ideas about how dumb we all are to rely on SS.

If that is the basis for this thread, then here are my thoughts: assaulting people and calling them dumb or idiots b/c they have had life circumstances that prevented them from amassing wealth and security for retirement is not productive.

Suze Orman's approach works. People listen to her b/c she knows how to share info in a format that enlightens without condescending. If TexasUser hopes to "awaken" the public to financial strategies he feels are "guaranteed" to ensure a stable retirement portfolio . . . he needs to take some tips from Suze as to how to share info and encourage folks . . . not condescend to them.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 AM

3,029 posts, read 7,188,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
What's the point of this discussion?
I think the OP is trying to feed his own ego by ostracizing others that he considers are beneath him.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I think the OP is trying to feed his own ego by ostracizing others that he considers are beneath him.

Helmet in hand, yellow bus special

Old 09-22-2011, 01:41 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,054,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Did you grow up poor, and if so, why?

Any answers to my questions, above?
What do you consider poor?

Old 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,054,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Children rather you believe it or not are blessings and not "assests or liabilites", as long as you look at them as a part of a spreadsheet you never experience the joy that they can bring
I like kids. I like my niece BUT the cost is expensive. It takes about $250K to raise a child.

It takes away your freedom. People with children usually complain about finance and other stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or