U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:41 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,004,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Call/use the computer ourselves. All drugstores. Pharma's benefit is that many might forget or not know how to navigate the system. That could save them bundles.
Nice, as those with memory problems from different diseases forget, so does the Funeral industry profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 08:16 PM

14,628 posts, read 17,956,950 times
Quote:
After the first prscription, subsequent refills picked up at even participating, local pharmacies require steep co-pays. They get ya comin' 'n goin'!
I pay a $15 co-pay for one drug - $30 for another (30 days). And I have one Rx that is so cheap (like $12 for 100) - that I just pay for it myself. If you're on Medicare (I'm not) - you can look at the new Part D plans for 2012 and pick out one that might work better for you than the one you have now. Robyn

Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,524,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I pay a $15 co-pay for one drug - $30 for another (30 days). And I have one Rx that is so cheap (like $12 for 100) - that I just pay for it myself. If you're on Medicare (I'm not) - you can look at the new Part D plans for 2012 and pick out one that might work better for you than the one you have now. Robyn
Thanks for the thought but actually, our plan is far superior to most and decidedly far better and the copays are less expensive than Medicare Part D and most other plans. Also, we pay no premium for it. My gripe is that they're making it more difficult to self-manage which could have a real impact on some.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:56 AM

8,221 posts, read 11,935,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Occupy the Pharmaceutical Companies!
Quote:
Yeah, that! Now our meds are being taken off automatic refill. I'm sure it's because they hope us old retirees will forget to order refills and save them some money.

Glad I'm not that dotty yet! I wanna stick it to 'em every chance I get.
These comments don't make any sense to me. Phamaceutical companies make money by -- guess what-- selling drugs to people. It is counterintuitive to think that making it difficult for people to buy the drugs would be to their benefit.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
These comments don't make any sense to me. Phamaceutical companies make money by -- guess what-- selling drugs to people. It is counterintuitive to think that making it difficult for people to buy the drugs would be to their benefit.
Makes perfectly good sense to me. The pharmacy benefit is through an insurer, far more interested in its own bottom line that it is pharma's. It also can save their contract holder(s) - the medical plan and the pension plan that contracts with them - a bundle if benefits are "under"-utilized.

Elementary, my dear MMB. Follow the money!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:20 PM

8,221 posts, read 11,935,652 times
Quote:
Makes perfectly good sense to me. The pharmacy benefit is through an insurer, far more interested in its own bottom line that it is pharma's. It also can save their contract holder(s) - the medical plan and the pension plan that contracts with them - a bundle if benefits are "under"-utilized.

Elementary, my dear MMB. Follow the money!
Yes, that makes sense. But that is not who you stated you were complaining about. Your complaint is with your insurance company, not the "pharmaceutical industry." The pharmaceutical companies want you to buy as many drugs as possible.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yes, that makes sense. But that is not who you stated you were complaining about. Your complaint is with your insurance company, not the "pharmaceutical industry." The pharmaceutical companies want you to buy as many drugs as possible.
OK! It was the pharmaceutical "provider" who made the change. Who makes the dope doesn't really count. And absolutely they do, pharma that is. I know. I have a son who's a millionaire thanks to pharma. Nothin' like a former narcotics agent with a dope pusher for a son!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement