U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2011, 12:28 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,492,863 times
Reputation: 29076

Advertisements

It's all about big dollars to fund those multi-million dollar bonuses to their hierarchy and payouts to the stockholders. It has nothing to do with the health of their subscribers.

One med after another we're being informed that they will no longer be eligible for the "worry-free" refill program which automatically shipped them to us in 90-day increments as prescribed by our physicians. After all, big business and pharma know better what we need than the doctors who diagnose, treat us and prescribe the meds, right?

Next up,they're dropping our local pharmacy as a provider eligible for their coverage - the nation's largest pharmacy chain which is also the only one with a presence where we live in rural MO. That means for us that for one-time, situational prescriptions, we have to pay a lot more elsewhere.

I guess human life and health are cheap, this day-and-age, compared to the almighty dollar.

I find it nothing less than un-American. May they rot in Hell. But the more of us they kill, the more money they can save for them thar bonuses and dividends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
Reputation: 18050
Badcailly sound smore like your insurance making changes on thsoe items. Alot change as companies /insurance adjust to changes mandated and cost increases.the pharmacy probelm is a contrat probelm with pharmacy likely they want more than others now.Just two mandates ;ulimited lifetime max and insuring children to 26 is increasing cost per inred alot. I know mine has adopted all and we went to the actuary meetings on cost increases and its huge for a company even a self insured like mine with zero profit. If the medicare reduction in provider remebursement drop to 30% of the average that priavte insurence pays that is going to make finding any provide on it really hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 01:45 PM
 
29,782 posts, read 34,876,173 times
Reputation: 11705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's all about big dollars to fund those multi-million dollar bonuses to their hierarchy and payouts to the stockholders. It has nothing to do with the health of their subscribers.

One med after another we're being informed that they will no longer be eligible for the "worry-free" refill program which automatically shipped them to us in 90-day increments as prescribed by our physicians. After all, big business and pharma know better what we need than the doctors who diagnose, treat us and prescribe the meds, right?

Next up,they're dropping our local pharmacy as a provider eligible for their coverage - the nation's largest pharmacy chain which is also the only one with a presence where we live in rural MO. That means for us that for one-time, situational prescriptions, we have to pay a lot more elsewhere.

I guess human life and health are cheap, this day-and-age, compared to the almighty dollar.

I find it nothing less than un-American. May they rot in Hell. But the more of us they kill, the more money they can save for them thar bonuses and dividends.
It is a two way street between the pharmaceutical companies and the chain pharmacies when negotiating a price for the product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 PM
 
Location: SoCal desert
8,093 posts, read 13,236,672 times
Reputation: 14870
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Badcailly sound smore like your insurance making changes on thsoe items.
It's Anthem Blue Cross's pharmacy benefit manager, a St. Louis company called Express Scripts Inc.

Anthem Blue Cross members will not be able to fill prescriptions at Walgreen as of January 1, 2012.

Walgreen says it's asking for a 2% annual increase.
Express Scripts says Walgreen wants about 20%.
They've been arguing for months.
Who knows who is telling the truth.

If you believe Walgreen, you can go to I Choose Walgreen's

I got the above information from my HR Department!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:04 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,492,863 times
Reputation: 29076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
It's Anthem Blue Cross's pharmacy benefit manager, a St. Louis company called Express Scripts Inc.

Anthem Blue Cross members will not be able to fill prescriptions at Walgreen as of January 1, 2012.

Walgreen says it's asking for a 2% annual increase.
Express Scripts says Walgreen wants about 20%.
They've been arguing for months.
Who knows who is telling the truth.

If you believe Walgreen, you can go to I Choose Walgreen's

I got the above information from my HR Department!
I got it too, and it's still more about the bottom line than it is about the subscribers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 02:15 PM
 
Location: SoCal desert
8,093 posts, read 13,236,672 times
Reputation: 14870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I got it too, and it's still more about the bottom line than it is about the subscribers.
Oh, I totally agree with you - I was just answering TexDave's garbled message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
 
29,782 posts, read 34,876,173 times
Reputation: 11705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
It's Anthem Blue Cross's pharmacy benefit manager, a St. Louis company called Express Scripts Inc.

Anthem Blue Cross members will not be able to fill prescriptions at Walgreen as of January 1, 2012.

Walgreen says it's asking for a 2% annual increase.
Express Scripts says Walgreen wants about 20%.
They've been arguing for months.
Who knows who is telling the truth.

If you believe Walgreen, you can go to I Choose Walgreen's

I got the above information from my HR Department!
Yeah that has been in the news and is right on target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
 
29,782 posts, read 34,876,173 times
Reputation: 11705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I got it too, and it's still more about the bottom line than it is about the subscribers.
Or as someone else might say it is all about their investors, dividends and equity value as many a retiree has a portfolio depending on that bottom line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 06:06 PM
 
8,087 posts, read 4,422,299 times
Reputation: 3074
This sort of contract stand-off is common. Everyone is getting squeezed these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
 
11 posts, read 30,803 times
Reputation: 20
They're all a bunch of crooks. They lobby the US govt to protect their profits at the expense of peoples health. They've been shutting down online pharmacies for years now, and even went on a blitz attacking people with HIV/AIDS who buy their medicine from overseas. Several people I know were using a website that was taken down.

When you have to pay $1485/month for medicine, come one. Really who can afford that? The same meds are available overseas for a fraction of the price, and when taken under the supervision of a doctor, there is really no risk. Its all about supporting profits.

I'd mention the site, but I don't know if that is okay as I'm new here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top