U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 04:17 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,154,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Yeah! Think makeup!
Ahhh, yes . . . my "magic box." Or as my sister calls it - "de-monsterizing cream"

It's amazing how far a little concealer can take us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,971,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
And, are you giving something other than "your opinion"?

And, I am not sure how "bad teeth" got into this discussion.
I suppose it is a red herring you are running up to distract the discussion.

Fact is that one can tell a lot about how a person has lived their life by looking at their face. Anyone who doesn't not know this is in denial. It is not always a persons fault, but frowning anger stress and hardship take their toll over a lifetime. People who accept their situation, make the best of it regardless, look on the bright side of things, laugh easily, refrain from anger and resentment, don't need plastic surgery. Simple answer, live your life as though you enjoy it and act as if you do even if it is hard. All that angst and anger doesn't change anything, just makes you ugly when you get old.
Post your mug shot, I want to see what you look like!

Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
In the end, plastic surgery is just dishonest.
Is renovating your house dishonest?

Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,441,874 times
After reading this thread for a few days, I am compelled, finally, to respond. I've had a bit of plastic surgery for several reasons and am very grateful for its existence. My first was at age 33 because my eyelids were so closed, my contact lenses wouldn't stay in and everyone kept asking me why I was angry. Surgery corrected that. Later in life, extreme pain from migraine headaches caused me to age prematurely and an upper face lift took be from looking 60 years old to my actual age of 43. Then, as I've mentioned previously, a lower facelift and implants enabled me to make ALOT of money as a stripper from age 47 to 57. Were it not for plastic surgery, my life would have been very different and I believe I would have been very unhappy and certainly, not have the more fortunate lifestyle I now have. So you see, it may not be what you think it is.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Yeah! Think makeup!
I tend to wear a good bit of eye makeup (not heavy shadow, but liner and mascara, plus eyebrow color) and wouldn't go out of the house without it as I would feel "naked." My coloring is very fair and I need that artificial color on to not look washed out. I also color my hair a bit to cover some streaks of grey (my kids and ex did it to me ). It crosses my mind that this is "fake" enhancement, but how many women around the world, from primitive cultures to modern-day, use such enhancement?

Enhancement of any kind, from makeup to hair coloring to plastic surgery, is all on the same continuum, like it or not. Just depends on how far one wants to travel on the continuum, with nerve and cash.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Then, as I've mentioned previously, a lower facelift and implants enabled me to make ALOT of money as a stripper from age 47 to 57.
There you go, perfect example of one's profession demanding good looks! I hope you got a tax write-off!

Old 11-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
There you go, perfect example of one's profession demanding good looks! I hope you got a tax write-off!
And lots of tips!

Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I tend to wear a good bit of eye makeup (not heavy shadow, but liner and mascara, plus eyebrow color) and wouldn't go out of the house without it as I would feel "naked." My coloring is very fair and I need that artificial color on to not look washed out. I also color my hair a bit to cover some streaks of grey (my kids and ex did it to me ). It crosses my mind that this is "fake" enhancement, but how many women around the world, from primitive cultures to modern-day, use such enhancement?

Enhancement of any kind, from makeup to hair coloring to plastic surgery, is all on the same continuum, like it or not. Just depends on how far one wants to travel on the continuum, with nerve and cash.
Absolutely! And add to the actual makeup all the various serums and creams that I use . . . from forehead to decollete . . .

Which reminds me . . . have you all heard about the mashed up banana treatment for sagging . . . oh, guess that is another thread.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Which reminds me . . . have you all heard about the mashed up banana treatment for sagging . . . oh, guess that is another thread.
Oh do tell, right here, right now.

(for men, too? listen up, Curmudgeon)

Old 11-07-2011, 04:56 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,475,774 times
Quote:
Oh do tell, right here, right now.

(for men, too? listen up, Curmudgeon)
I yams what I yams and that's alls that I yams. No enhancements here. Never were. Never will be and no extraordinary measures. Rugged suits me! Others might call it beat to sh*t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or