U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:32 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,034,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I yams what I yams and that's alls that I yams. No enhancements here.
I just read online about the mashed banana treatment for the complexion. You can also used cooked mashed yams, just be sure to do it when the DW is out on errands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 06:40 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,891,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
OWS immoral??? What they are protesting is immoral.

Plastic surgery is no more unnatural than chasing the almighty dollar all our lives and letting the "crooks" off the hook for their outrageous crimes. But let's not go there here, it is the subject of another thread.

On another level, those who are "out there" in the public, like actors and newscasters who make their living largely by their appearance, owe it to society not to wind up looking like some wrinkled old hag.
You need to go back and read my post. You completely misread it. I DID NOT SAY OWS IS IMMORAL . . . I SAID WHAT THEY ARE PROTESTING IS THE IMMORALITY OF WALL STREET!!! BIG DIFFERENCE. PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,567,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
You need to go back and read my post. You completely misread it. I DID NOT SAY OWS IS IMMORAL . . . I SAID WHAT THEY ARE PROTESTING IS THE IMMORALITY OF WALL STREET!!! BIG DIFFERENCE. PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME.
OK! I'll buy that. But I fail to see any possible correlation between OWS and plastic surgery. Please enlghten me if I've missed something.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 PM

3,747 posts, read 4,233,688 times
Quote:
You're shouting, dear. The cited post was unclear. Best to respond with "Oh, I'm sorry, you misunderstood my post. I meant to say ..."

Old 11-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
You're shouting, dear. The cited post was unclear. Best to respond with "Oh, I'm sorry, you misunderstood my post. I meant to say ..."
Just imagine I was delivering the message as if I were on the streets with OWS. I don't need any etiquette lessons . . .thanks for sharing . . .just wanted to emphasize my message because I hate to be misquoted and I feel the subject matter is muy importante!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Oops, apologies, I did misread.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Oops, sincere apologies, I did misread.
Sorry for yelling, but this is something I can't bear to be misquoted on . . .

Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry for yelling, but this is something I can't bear to be misquoted on . . .
No one likes to be misquoted or misunderstood. Bold and CAPS and purple really makes your point. !

Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,146,221 times
It doesn't surprise me to see people of all ages getting more plastic surgery. Our society revers the young while shunning the old.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 AM

1,779 posts, read 2,453,855 times
Quote:
There you go, perfect example of one's profession demanding good looks! I hope you got a tax write-off!
I did but the hilarious part is that a boob job is actually depreciated over 5 years on taxes. Cracked me up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or