U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
 
7,339 posts, read 16,637,122 times
Reputation: 4567

Advertisements

Well, then this lady is a real "wus" cause she isn't telling me not to talk to her or anything like that!
I do occupy my time finely, as a matter of fact! She's not the only neighbor I talked to and make comments/questions to. I talk to other married and single ladies here and some of men. None of them got pissed off and moved. The all still talk to me.......SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, if any of you were my next door neighbor and decided to move because of my friendliness, comments and questions......all I would say is "bye, bye!!"
Well, I could say something to some of you folks, like "awe, go have your tea and ultimate yogurt and quite complaining about me"......but, no, I won't say that (can't stop laughing, just can't)!


Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I had a nosy neighbor like this once and I did move and I could not agree more that this woman wants or would like to be left alone the way she lives is none of your business and you really do need to find something to occupy your time with besides your neighbor . Yes I would be ready to move too with you as a neighbor .

Last edited by LoveBoating; 11-03-2011 at 10:34 AM..

 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 AM
 
48 posts, read 38,703 times
Reputation: 74
In actual fact, LoveBoating, you do not have a good sense of humor. The only person who laughs at your so-called "jokes" is yourself. And, supposedly, your wife, who is probably your clone, but female. The truth is, you are more likely to insult than amuse. But to each his/her own. Go have a big laugh at someone's expense, and hopefully they won't get mad.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,471,910 times
Reputation: 29071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
OMG this made me laugh. I have said that sometimes relationships feel like a lot of red tape.

I assume that's a sign of being in the wrong one, though.
I would certainly agree with that. The ex was a smotherer demanding a great deal of time and attention and would nitpick just about anything I said or did so in time, I stopped saying and doing, other than providing the household income. Many years later than I should have I finally divorced her.

My wife is someone I always described as "delightfully independent" and was like a breath of fresh air. She still is. While we're close there is no smothering involved on either of our parts. She always worked, as did I, and her pension and Social Security are a significant portion of our retirement - less than mine but nonetheless important. What I really admire about her is the way she melded being a mother and nurturer to her two daughters, whom she raised alone for 16 years with no support, whatsoever, from her ex, their father, and having a career. The two roles were never at odds with one another in terms of her graceful acceptance of and satisfaction with both. I think that was a very healthy approach.

As for me, I could have easily stayed single from age 48, on, and had a very satisfactory life. But in time, I asked out and then married my work friend (we no longer worked for the same agency or the first date never would have occurred) of five years. We just celebrated our 15th anniversary and all signs point to the fact that how long we end up married has everything to do with our ages and nothing to do with any diminishing in our love and relationship.

The bottom line is that I don't really see any of this in terms of mens' roles vs womens' rolls. I do see it as being about making the right choices - relationship(s) or no relationship(s) and with whom you enter into one, or not. Throw in the issues of respect and acceptance and for me, there you have it.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:02 AM
 
7,339 posts, read 16,637,122 times
Reputation: 4567
For YOU, not, but to others I sure do! As my dear wife says about me "at least he's not boring like a lot of men and women are!" She often tells me "you're so funny, just so, so funny!". I love it when she tells me that!
My wife isn't my "clone"........she doesn't tell a joke nearly as good as I can (and she knows that), but she sure has her moments when we both will crack up over something she has said. The other night we were both cracking up over what a lot of folks were saying in this thread.
"Insult"......nobody is doing that and certainly not me!


Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird52 View Post
In actual fact, LoveBoating, you do not have a good sense of humor. The only person who laughs at your so-called "jokes" is yourself. And, supposedly, your wife, who is probably your clone, but female. The truth is, you are more likely to insult than amuse. But to each his/her own. Go have a big laugh at someone's expense, and hopefully they won't get mad.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
 
48 posts, read 38,703 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
For YOU, not, but to others I sure do! As my dear wife says about me "at least he's not boring like a lot of men and women are!" She often tells me "you're so funny, just so, so funny!". I love it when she tells me that!
My wife isn't my "clone"........she doesn't tell a joke nearly as good as I can (and she knows that), but she sure has her moments when we both will crack up over something she has said. The other night we were both cracking up over what a lot of folks were saying in this thread.
"Insult"......nobody is doing that and certainly not me!

I have noticed that people who THINK they are funny, usually are not. And people who BRAG about being funny, never are.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
 
Location: earth?
7,288 posts, read 10,851,419 times
Reputation: 8956
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, then this lady is a real "wus" cause she isn't telling me not to talk to her or anything like that!
I do occupy my time finely, as a matter of fact! She's not the only neighbor I talked to and make comments/questions to. I talk to other married and single ladies here and some of men. None of them got pissed off and moved. The all still talk to me.......SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, if any of you were my next door neighbor and decided to move because of my friendliness, comments and questions......all I would say is "bye, bye!!"
Well, I could say something to some of you folks, like "awe, go have your tea and ultimate yogurt and quite complaining about me"......but, no, I won't say that (can't stop laughing, just can't)!
I could say a lot of things, but will leave it at: You might want to look into developing a more accurate self-analysis and also maybe look into cues that others may be giving you that you are not picking up . . . people before have said that most people are polite and won't just tell you to buzz off, though they may be thinking that . . .I would think with your "fun" personality, you may have met a few impolite people over the years who have told you straight up to take a hike . . . is this correct?

 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM
 
570 posts, read 1,144,489 times
Reputation: 745
I find it a little creepy that the OP is so fascinated with his neighbor's personal life that he spends time discussing it at home, then comes to a public forum to talk about it. If the thing I had to worry about in my life, was my neighbor's life, I would guess that I'm not leading a very interesting life.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,147,825 times
Reputation: 22373
One of the curious aspects of social behavior (and personal self-awareness) that I have noticed is . . . all obnoxious folks think they are amusing, else they would not interact w/ others in an obnoxious manner, lol.

And . . . obnoxious people invariably either find themselves to be social outcastes or they hook up with someone who is just as obnoxious.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
 
48 posts, read 38,703 times
Reputation: 74
LoveBoating and his wife were definitely made for each other. They probably crack up all day long making fun of everyone except themselves.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,471,910 times
Reputation: 29071
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
For YOU, not, but to others I sure do! As my dear wife says about me "at least he's not boring like a lot of men and women are!" She often tells me "you're so funny, just so, so funny!". I love it when she tells me that!
My wife isn't my "clone"........she doesn't tell a joke nearly as good as I can (and she knows that), but she sure has her moments when we both will crack up over something she has said. The other night we were both cracking up over what a lot of folks were saying in this thread.
"Insult"......nobody is doing that and certainly not me!
LB, as a fellow male animal may I respectfully suggest you leave it alone. You ain't a-goin' ta win this one, Bud. You done teed-off a bunch of women and at this stage of the game, you simply continue to lose points. As an old soldier, I think it's time you beat a hasty advance to the rear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top