U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,798 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Reputation: 26324

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Yes, I may have talked about this lady before......your point?

Anyway, I knew when I done this thread that I'd get some slack from some of you, and that's fine! I can handle the slack! The "nosey", "mind your own business", etc., etc I've heard all before and can only say this....."oh well"! Ok, so I have ATTITUDE mixed in with "being curious"!

Just why is it that so many folks think that "being curious" is such a dreadful crime??? I'm in no way trying to push any kind of lifestyle on anyone! I was kidding around with this lady and she answer me nicely. Nothing like some of you think she should have! Wife and I know that her older sister, older sister's husband and my brother and his wife......all in their mid-upper 60's have a "dry sense of humor" and that's ok. When we lived with my wife's mom, we'd all be sitting in the living room watching tv and something very funny would be said and wife and I would crack up while her mom just sat there motionless! He**, I don't know if I was laughing more because of what was said on tv or at her mom!

My wife just called me, on her way home from work and I told her about this thread, the responses I've got so far and how I've responded.......she was laughing while driving! Did I marry right or what?? Only word for that.....YES!!
You were curious? That's why you sat down and talked with her and learned more about her? Oh wait, you didn't do that. You told her, "You really have to get a life". Of course, that's not pushing your lifestyle on her at all!

 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
 
7,342 posts, read 16,664,195 times
Reputation: 4568
20 years old, why THANK YOU! No, let's see, I'm the "62 is now 42" type......something like that was in our AARP magazine we got the other day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. I have figured it out. This is all a fraternity joke, right? Cause there is no way you could be more than 20 years old.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
 
4,493 posts, read 4,754,903 times
Reputation: 9972
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
One of the curious aspects of social behavior (and personal self-awareness) that I have noticed is . . . all obnoxious folks think they are amusing, else they would not interact w/ others in an obnoxious manner, lol.

And . . . obnoxious people invariably either find themselves to be social outcastes or they hook up with someone who is just as obnoxious.



It is an aspect of narcissism that sadly stems from a gross sense of insecurity and feelings of "not being good enough". As another poster stated it is a need to "over compensate".

One who needs to huff and buff so much and so many times may very well be screaming a lack of masculinity and yes, sadly, a miniuscule... well you know.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,227,457 times
Reputation: 22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
20 years old, why THANK YOU! No, let's see, I'm the "62 is now 42" type......something like that was in our AARP magazine we got the other day.
Jiust goes to show, wisdom doesn't always accompany old age.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
 
7,342 posts, read 16,664,195 times
Reputation: 4568
Well, probably not "clever", but is certainly fun! Hey, all I did was do a thread asking a question and it was some of them that completely came unglued over it! And, it's not juvenile defending how I am. I talked to this lady and others, made some comments/asked some questions that, by the way, were ANSWERED very politely by them. No, "get out of my face", "none of your business", "you sure are nosey"........nothing like that at all.
Actually, I'm starting to believe that some of these folks would like to have a talk with this lady and others that I talked to and tell them......"why don't you tell this ass** to leave you alone!" This lady and the others would most likely say to them, "why are you trying to tell me how to talk to people?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Here's another "Nope!" It's not clever. It comes across as needy attention seeking and I find it rather juvenile.

As always, just one man's opinion.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,798 posts, read 16,868,958 times
Reputation: 26324
Having read further in to this thread, I would like to add, LoveBoating, that I often smile when someone says something insulting or offensive. I was raised properly.

But just because I'm smiling when I give an answer whether it be with my desert dry sense of humor or a vocal stab, it doesn't mean I'm amused. Typically I'm thinking how fun it would be to smack that person for being so rude.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,524,402 times
Reputation: 29082
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, probably not "clever", but is certainly fun! Hey, all I did was do a thread asking a question and it was some of them that completely came unglued over it! And, it's not juvenile defending how I am. I talked to this lady and others, made some comments/asked some questions that, by the way, were ANSWERED very politely by them. No, "get out of my face", "none of your business", "you sure are nosey"........nothing like that at all.
Actually, I'm starting to believe that some of these folks would like to have a talk with this lady and others that I talked to and tell them......"why don't you tell this ass** to leave you alone!" This lady and the others would most likely say to them, "why are you trying to tell me how to talk to people?"
::::sigh::::
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,227,457 times
Reputation: 22385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
If that's the case, why did you start at least two threads complaining that you and your wife can't make any friends?
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
 
15,149 posts, read 19,795,641 times
Reputation: 21346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Having read further in to this thread, I would like to add, LoveBoating, that I often smile when someone says something insulting or offensive. I was raised properly.

But just because I'm smiling when I give an answer whether it be with my desert dry sense of humor or a vocal stab, it doesn't mean I'm amused. Typically I'm thinking how fun it would be to smack that person for being so rude.

I'm going to have to start holding back on the number of reps I give out in a day. It's a shame to let some of the posts in this thread go unrewarded.
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
 
7,342 posts, read 16,664,195 times
Reputation: 4568
Old folks sit down and talk to each other.....I don't do that! I was standing by her screened patio talking to her while she was sitting inside her patio. I and we (wife/I) have talked to this lady numerous times by her patio and at the pool area. Saying to her "you really need to get a life" was part of a conversation her and I were having about going out and do things. She lives here because her job is here, but she would much rather live by her daughter. When she lived in the area her daughter lives and she told me she done a lot of things. She told me "meeting a man isn't totally out of the question, but I've got other things to take care of right now", she told me. We had a very nice conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You were curious? That's why you sat down and talked with her and learned more about her? Oh wait, you didn't do that. You told her, "You really have to get a life". Of course, that's not pushing your lifestyle on her at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top