U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,004,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
So you're sayin' that most women are opportunistic users then?
Well.....

Old 11-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I had a nosy neighbor like this once and I did move and I could not agree more that this woman wants or would like to be left alone the way she lives is none of your business and you really do need to find something to occupy your time with besides your neighbor . Yes I would be ready to move too with you as a neighbor .
Let's hear it from the Lady!

Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
(can't stop laughing, just can't)!
Sounds like you're in a state of permanent hysteria...is there a med for that?

Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
As my dear wife says about me "at least he's not boring like a lot of men and women are!" She often tells me "you're so funny, just so, so funny!". I love it when she tells me that!
Many women say things like that when they're being facetious.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,524,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
A little dittie my mother used to sing around the house... read it with a sense of singsong rhythm:

Reuben, Reuben, I've been thinking
Traditional Song

Reuben, Reuben, I've been thinking.
What a strange world this would be
If all the men were all transported
Far beyond the northern sea!

Rachel, Rachel, I've been thinking.
If the girls were all transported

Life would be so easy then!
What a great world this would be,
If there were no tiresome men!

If you'd leave it to the men!

If we went beyond the seas,
All the men would follow after
Like a swarm of bumblebees!

The girls all would follow after
Like a swarm of honeybees!
There's a lot of truth in that!

Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,227,457 times
Quote:
Many women say things like that when they're being facetious.
Oh, I dunno, NEGirl . . . I think his wife is being totally sincere. What is uncouth to some may be amusing to others, one might suppose . . .

Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 PM

2,744 posts, read 731,346 times
Thanks to all who participated in this thread---very entertaining.

I think the take-away, as with so many threads, is live and let live. Great for singles who enjoy being single, terrific for couples who like being coupled. The only difficulty is when someone wants to be in a committed relationship and can't find a partner---or someone is in a relationship and is unhappy.

I do agree that the phrase "Get a life" is overused and is somewhat juvenile. If it had been me, I would rather have LB ask me what sort of things I was interested in doing or suggesting some interesting things to do/inviting me to do some stuff.

But I recently started a thread about people's disinterest in other people. And I actually find it a bit refreshing that LB is interested in his neighbors and tries to interact with them, even if some of the attempts are a bit clumsy.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 PM

21,698 posts, read 23,700,326 times
Quote:
A little dittie my mother used to sing around the house... read it with a sense of singsong rhythm:

Reuben, Reuben, I've been thinking
Traditional Song

If all the men were all transported

If the girls were all transported

If there were no tiresome men!

If you'd leave it to the men!

All the men would follow after
Like a swarm of bumblebees!

The girls all would follow after
Like a swarm of honeybees!
LOL! My Dad used to go around the house singing this song. Thanks for the memories.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,275,121 times
Living alone and loving it. Glad I'm not hitched up with the OP. No thank you. Plenty of people are living alone and watching TV. ...how dare anyone ask why and degrade them for it. Have nothing better to do than talk about your neighbors on City Data? Go volunteer at a homeless shelter/food line...better use of your time then being on here 24/7.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:11 AM

7,342 posts, read 16,664,195 times
Thank you, thank you.......THANK YOU!! Yes, what I say might be a bit "clumsy", but these ladies understand my personality! My wife and I have talked to all of them a number of times over the past 3 years.
Funny, my wife's brother is a lot like our neighbor and I told him that we could arrange for them to meet........then I said "only kidding, dude!" He won't have anything to do with smokers either.
As for not wanting any friends that smoke, I stated in that thread that my wife has ASTHMA.......seems like some people really don't care about the heath conditions of others! I love cats, but due to her condition, we will never have a cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Thanks to all who participated in this thread---very entertaining.

I think the take-away, as with so many threads, is live and let live. Great for singles who enjoy being single, terrific for couples who like being coupled. The only difficulty is when someone wants to be in a committed relationship and can't find a partner---or someone is in a relationship and is unhappy.

I do agree that the phrase "Get a life" is overused and is somewhat juvenile. If it had been me, I would rather have LB ask me what sort of things I was interested in doing or suggesting some interesting things to do/inviting me to do some stuff.

But I recently started a thread about people's disinterest in other people. And I actually find it a bit refreshing that LB is interested in his neighbors and tries to interact with them, even if some of the attempts are a bit clumsy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement