U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,147,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Thank you! So far, so good. Awoke with pulse and respiration . Not a bad start to any day. Not bad at all. You have a great day too.
I hope you are successful in your communication and road trip. I commend you for your attempts... can't ask for more then that. That is what keeps people together.. communication..

I've always admired you for your candid posts and I believe if there is a way you will find it. Have a great trip and good luck with whatever you decide..

Old 01-14-2012, 08:16 AM

507 posts, read 1,156,990 times
omg I am so sorry to find out things have gotten this bad! Curm the SD needs to GO, as soon as possible, like NOW. You do not deserve this in any way, shape or form!!

Have you considered turning the tables on the ungrateful troublemaker and making HER so miserable she will leave?? Maybe you need to start being the land-lord from hell.... anything- just get her out of there and NEVER let her return there to live! In fact tell her straight to her face to LEAVE! If her mother doesn't like it she can leave too, although I suspect it would not take long for your wife to come to her senses.

She does not deserve a comfort zone in YOUR HOME after completely destroying yours! It's YOUR home, she needs to GO.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM

4,647 posts, read 3,020,036 times
Curm,

I hope your computer remains secured, but just in case they break through, are you aware that in IE9 if you ctrl-shift P, a new window will open up that does not save history or cookies or supposedly any trace of where you go on the internet? So, even if they get into your computer, at least they won't have any idea what web sites you are going to.

Once you close that window everything is gone. I would start using that for everything at this point.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 AM

5 posts, read 7,148 times
Our youngest daughter (31) moved back home after losing her job last June. It is quite an adjustment after being an empty nester for almost 10 years, but she needs the lift right now and we're happy to help out. She helps with expenses and chores and is gone a fair amount of the time on independent contracting type work. Once she builds her client list enough, she'll get her own place.

It is part of being a parent and having kids who love you enough to turn to you for help.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 AM

23,571 posts, read 27,988,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Curm,

I hope your computer remains secured, but just in case they break through, are you aware that in IE9 if you ctrl-shift P, a new window will open up that does not save history or cookies or supposedly any trace of where you go on the internet? So, even if they get into your computer, at least they won't have any idea what web sites you are going to.

Once you close that window everything is gone. I would start using that for everything at this point.
Thanks. I'm aware of and do use it for some things. I also have everything password protected, the passwords aren't written down anywhere accessible except to me and I delete browsing history when I don't use "private." I lock the computer when I leave it for a few moments and I lock the office to which I have the only key. Everything sensitive is locked in my safe to which no one but me has access.

Can we say "trust issues?"

Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM

5,689 posts, read 8,171,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Mental illness and alcohol, stirred into a wicked brew with the arrival of SD. If DW has been drinking since retirement, she's been a closet alcoholic for a long time in addition to being bipolar. How can there be any sane, realistic thinking, not to mention resolve, done by a person who is not only mentally ill, but an alcoholic? ... .
Maybe I missed something, but it's a HUGE leap from 'drinking buddies' (as the OP put it) to 'alcoholic'.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Maybe I missed something, but it's a HUGE leap from 'drinking buddies' (as the OP put it) to 'alcoholic'.
She's an alcoholic! Today is the older grandson's birthday. We were supposed to take everyone out for pizza and games. That was the plan. However, awhile ago wife asked SD to go get her a bottle of vodka and SD agreed to. When I confronted them SD said she didn't want to get in the middle and I told her she'd passed that point. She was totally complicit in her mother's drunkeness. After she left I reminded wife that we were supposed to celebrate GS's birthday and she shrugged it off. I asked if she'd rather be married to the bottle or married to me. She made her choice. I'm going to hold her to it.

Right now she's getting deeper into her cups!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
She's an alcoholic! Today is the older grandson's birthday. We were supposed to take everyone out for pizza and games. That was the plan. However, awhile ago wife asked SD to go get her a bottle of vodka and SD agreed to. After she left I reminded wife that we were supposed to celebrate GS's birthday and she shrugged it off. I asked if she'd rather be married to the bottle or married to me. She made her choice. I'm going to hold her to it.

Right now she's getting deeper into her cups!
And the sun is yet to go over the yardarm.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:28 AM

Default Thread closed!

That's all!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:36 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,102 posts, read 6,929,056 times
sorry Buddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement