U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,887,787 times

Advertisements

I would have bought real estate instead of spending it on college tuition. It would have been a much better investment.

Live the life you want to live....NOW. Don't wait for retirement. You may or may not live that long. Why wait? Career ain't all it's cracked up to be. I never heard of ANYONE on their deathbed saying, "I wish I would have put more time and energy into my career."

For more thoughts along this line, read my post on another thread. #15

blessings.....Franco

PS: LauraC...Thanks for sharing your story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

139 posts, read 938,392 times
LauraC,thanks for sharing the story. it was great !!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM

55,679 posts, read 74,680,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
If you had to do it all over again, retirees, what would you do differently? What 'smarts' can you share with this single, mid-career professional?
i have never been this healthy this fit this smart this talented, this rich and this savy.
buckets of personal power.
59 works for me.
it took me everyday and every minute of it to get to this place.
if you knew where i came from, and how far i had to travel, mainly all the way from the slums of houston,
you too could appreciate this sweet moment.
praise god.

stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,821,792 times
I would have studied a stringed instrument instead of percussion.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,592,476 times
We would have started saving a lot more earlier on. Gone without the fad gagets everyone had to have.

A good friend of ours is 68 and was still working and commuting. He was just ready to retire and was diagnosed with pancreatic/ liver cancer. His odds are not favorable for surviving more than a year.

Save, but live your life as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or