Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 04:26 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,107,382 times

Advertisements

The part I liked better was the direct deposit paycheck (smile).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:40 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
when I retired I moved away from where I was~ and my sons moved on with their lives. During their high school years they were hired as my construction crew. I miss seeing my sons but they really don't miss me being a very demanding boss. Other than that about everything about retirement far exceeds everything about working.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
As to period in life before retiring ;High school days. No worries ;energy to spare. Could burn the candle at both ends.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Each of the following post hit upon what I liked better before retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Nooky. Cuddling improves, friendships mellow, and love grows but you have to be 20 for the best hot and steamy stuff.
There was nothing better than that hot and steamy stuff ... WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Our bodies were younger,more cooperative and easier and cheaper to take care of
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Oh yes there is. Every day may be Saturday to us but other peoples Saturdays and Sundays are times to avoid going, seeing and doing 'cause they're all out cluttering thing up.
We never shop on Saturday or Sunday ... we let the young working people with all the screaming little children have the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I wouldn't mind having the energy I used to have to party for hours and then say "Hey let's go to Denny's, the night's young!" Might use that energy for other things now, though.
So true ... we use to go to concerts or parties and then hit the pancake house or Denny's ... like the Energizer Bunny just keep going and going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
I miss the young girl's face that looked back at me in the mirror.
Yessss all I see now is my mother looking back at me!

Since retirement I have had to have one total knee replacement and got to have the other knee done. I have had five root canals and would rather have my nose hairs pulled out one by one than face another root canal ... plus the crowns!! I wonder why all of this didn't happen when I had a great dental plan at work. But I am still happy in my retirement even though every day is Saturday, I can't party the night away nor eat hot spicy food!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 AM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
The part that was better before retirement is that I had more privacy. Now that DH and I are home all day, I feel like he's in my business all day long. He doesn't have any friends of his own or participate in any outside activities, so he depends on me to fill all of his needs.

I get out on my own as much as I can, and it helps. But I absolutely live for his doctor, dental and barber appointments. That means I can have the house all to myself for a couple of hours, a rare treat.

He is eight years older than I am, and I keep telling myself that when he's gone I would probably give the world to have him underfoot again for just one day. That helps, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement