Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
What is their moral stance on marriage?

Is this a national chain?
They gave a lot of money to the anti gay group in the marriage equality fight.

Then because of the backlash, they apparently "backed down".

And it's a national chain, but it's not heavy every where, like McDonalds or Starbucks.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
I rarely eat fast food anyway, even tho Chik-Fil-A has some of the more "healthy" choices on their menus as compared to other chains.

I wish Starbucks had free coffee for seniors, lol.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
They gave a lot of money to the anti gay group in the marriage equality fight.
Then I would not eat there.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Discounts for whatever reason at whatever retail establishments are welcome but I don't think any one group deserves one 'just because'
+1. I don't see why any group is entitled to a discount, and I'm a senior BTW. Seniors have become too large a group to expect discounts IMO. If you disagree, go to Taco Bell, they'd have to pay me to eat there...

Quote:
Business Description: Chick-fil-A is one of the largest privately-held restaurant chains and the second-largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain in the nation, based on annual sales.

Discount: Each Chick-fil-A restaurant is independently owned and operated and the senior discount can vary by location. Most locations provide a free small drink or coffee with purchase or a 10% discount.
Age Requirement: 50+
Discount Restrictions: Participation, age requirement and discount amount can vary by location.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I really suspect that they foud that the disount as a marketig tool did not meet its goals of more senior atrcted to their stores. iscnts are not given except as a marketig toll.to draw business. i never expect anyhting for any other reason.Why should I get a discount for my age basically?

Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The senior drink was the nice effort of the chain to in a very small way to honor seniors and encourage their business.
Why should seniors be honored?

I've never understood this idea that because someone is old they are somehow worthy of being "honored."

I think basic courtesy should be given to everyone, regardless of age, and that respect is earned based on behavior.

I've met plenty of seniors who are a$$holes.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:32 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I've met plenty of seniors who are a$$holes.
Classy. Thanks for showing us all it's not only seniors...

Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I support Chik-Fil-A for their moral stance on marriage. Good food too!
... and I am boycotting Chik-Fil-A for their immoral and bigoted stance against Marriage Equality.

In fact, last month I joined a group of Drexel University College students in a demonstration to get a Chik-Fil-A kicked off the campus (I don't go there but I live in the neighborhood).

It's crappy greasy fast food too.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:04 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,711 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
... and I am boycotting Chik-Fil-A for their immoral and bigoted stance against Marriage Equality.
Each to his / her own... I don't advocate forcing companies to comply with personal preferences. / social agendas. They gotta make a living and make numbers that keep them viable. I certainly support any business owner that has the guts to stay true to their personal values, in spite of public pressure.

I appreciate Chick-Fil-A for avoiding the Sunday business model to give their employees time at home. (even tho it is certain to be one of the most profitable days of the week in their sector).

I feel it is absolutely wrong to make social issues interfere with business economics. OR the intimidation objectives of certain agendas. (Such as publishing all the names and addresses of those who sign ballot initiatives.)

This type of selfish bullying only erodes democracy.

And for the free drinks... Let them run their business (Not like any of us need more sugar...)

Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,018,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Each to his / her own... I don't advocate forcing companies to comply with personal preferences. / social agendas. They gotta make a living and make numbers that keep them viable. I certainly support any business owner that has the guts to stay true to their personal values, in spite of public pressure.

I appreciate Chick-Fil-A for avoiding the Sunday business model to give their employees time at home. (even tho it is certain to be one of the most profitable days of the week in their sector).

I feel it is absolutely wrong to make social issues interfere with business economics. OR the intimidation objectives of certain agendas. (Such as publishing all the names and addresses of those who sign ballot initiatives.)

This type of selfish bullying only erodes democracy.

And for the free drinks... Let them run their business (Not like any of us need more sugar...)
Boycotts are as American as apple pie. Doesn't matter if the boycotter is right, left or center. Erosion of democracy? Seriously? What is more democratic than voting with one's feet? Perhaps we should bow down to all corporations...y'know, "He who has the money gets to write the rules"? It's bad enough we have to support causes we don't believe in via taxes, but that's unavoidable. But for me to knowingly and voluntarily hand over my money to someone who uses that money to support causes I find abhorrent is beyond stupid, it is immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement