Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,589,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I don't much care where the Medicare information ends up. I'll just subscribe to that forum.
I dislike separating wheat from chaff; at my age Medicare and its supplements are my only health insurance interests. I certainly don't consider reeading about health insrance to be recreational reading. Yech!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:28 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,049,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
There are ads on every page of every thread, after the first post of the page. They're for websites of all different kinds. Fortunately, the ads are very low-key. I'll bet the advertisers are unhappy with your comment, since you're clearly not seeing the ads they're paying for!
Well wadda ya know? I never even saw them until now.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 AM

25,568 posts, read 56,441,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
OOOH, I am so confused. First, I thought the poll was too complicated. So I didn't vote.
That's why I posted this when I began this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Fwiw, choice TWO means you prefer Medicare have its own subforum - either in Health Insurance (or, hopefully, here in Retirement).
Quote:
Next, I see that Medicare is right UNDER the retirement forum already, so what's the big complaint?
Because, as far as we know, that link is only posted there temporarily and will disappear one day.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Next, I see that Medicare is right UNDER the retirement forum already, so what's the big complaint?
It's not a Medicare Forum that is linked, it's the Health Insurance and Medicare Forum. If the reasoning behind the change had anything to do with the Medicare threads being hard to find amongst the other topics then the move was a total failure. It's now in the middle of a slew of other topics, albeit different in nature, and in my mind less closely related in need.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:46 AM

25,568 posts, read 56,441,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
It's not a Medicare Forum that is linked, it's the Health Insurance and Medicare Forum.
Except for new users to C-D, the Forum is Health Insurance. Medicare is not mentioned anywhere in the title. The only reason the above link says Medicare is for our use. That link won't remain, I don't think.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:08 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,063,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Except for new users to C-D, the Forum is Health Insurance. Medicare is not mentioned anywhere in the title. The only reason the above link says Medicare is for our use. That link won't remain, I don't think.
Two easy solutions for these problems:

1. Making the link a sticky will keep it permanently at the top of Retirement Forum.

2. Although the Admin probably has reasons for creating a new forum, they might not care much what the name of it is. Which means they might be open to changing the name to Medicare & Insurance, rather than Insurance & Medicare. The trick to asking for a name change, IMO, is to have people from this forum make it a point to post over there. If the Medicare threads are routinely at the top of the page day after day, they might be open to the idea.

Another solution might be to request a trial period for this new forum. We could give it a try for 3-4 months, and then if it turns out the new forum isn't getting any interest, the admin would be much more receptive to the idea of returning the threads to Retirement forum.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,260,985 times
Again, to my knowledge the link WILL remain.

Robyn's poll has been moved to About the Forum. Any comments need to be made in that thread, which is here:

Separate Medicare Sub-Forum?

I'll close this thread and any further comments will need to be directed to the thread above.

Thanks.

Sam

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.