U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,516,359 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear little cat. I had to do that once & it was the most difficult thing. You have to know that you did the best thing for her.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM

205 posts, read 359,973 times
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. And DE, thanks for the hugs. I needed that! Just got off the phone with my daughter who has been really supportive. I talked with her last night and finally told her what was happening with Sascha (my daughter gave her to me when Sascha was just a kitten). Keeps calling to check up on me. Friends and family - what would we do without you!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 PM

70 posts, read 252,598 times
Default Karcon - your loss

Sorry for your loss Karcon. I've been there and can empathize with what you feel.

May all creatures be happy.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
So sorry for your loss, Karcon. I've had to do that several times and it is never easy. You gave her a great life and that is what counts.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,241,648 times
Karcon, I'm so sorry about your kitty. We had one that died in my daughter's arms a few years ago on the way to the vet -- that was traumatizing, too. I'm so sorry -- we love our little critters. She had those good years with you! You are a good cat mom!

As you all know, I am busily (well, as busy as a 61-year-old can be! haha), getting my house in order. This weekend I did the kitchen. I had the realtor come over and asked if I needed to really paint the kitchen -- she said emphatically "YES!" So, I did. I am still touching up cupboard handles and stuff, but here is a little preview of the "before" and "after." (Sorry, I haven't totally figured out the resizing thingy....) The before is with the dark brown wood paneling covered in primer. Then the after. It was very, very dark in there with the wood, which is why I think she said to paint them, plus, although it was "good" wood, it was outdated and dark. Anyway, here's what's keeping me busy -- oh, except now I'm back at my job for a couple of days, and then this weekend painting the patio and house window sills! Yikes! Geez, I'm already pooped just thinking about it!

I'll be checking in, though. I was very disappointed when I saw City-Data/Forum was down.....oh, my gosh...how could they do that? I count on my cyber-friends here!

Okay, back to my "real" job! See you later!

BEFORE:

AFTER

Old 03-26-2009, 03:27 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Default Good job!!

You may not want to move when you finish. I'll bet it really brightens things up.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Karcon - I typed out another long response to your sad post an the -blink - gone. I don't get it - what happens.

So, this time I will just say that you did a great job wit your fur-pal. We all care for these pets, warts and all. I have no doubt that from what you said that you did the right thing for her.

Do you believe in the Rainbow Bridge? I sure do - I'm countin on it.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,085,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
As you all know, I am busily (well, as busy as a 61-year-old can be! haha), getting my house in order. This weekend I did the kitchen.
Wow - great job. It looks nice and cheery now! Almost makes me want to sew my bedroom curtains and bedskirt. I was laying in bed this morning thinking I should do the bedskirt first because I won't know if curtains will fit in the next place I live if I have to sell the house because of the economy. Management had another meeting this morning but haven't heard the results.

I'm going to Bosque Farms tomorrow for a party on Saturday--I guess that makes it two nights of partying. You could celebrate selling your house by coming down and visiting the SW--I'll drag you around Santa Fe

Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,952,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. And DE, thanks for the hugs. I needed that! Just got off the phone with my daughter who has been really supportive. I talked with her last night and finally told her what was happening with Sascha (my daughter gave her to me when Sascha was just a kitten). Keeps calling to check up on me. Friends and family - what would we do without you!
So sorry about your very precious Sascha. I had a wonderful calico cat for 18 years. They add such love to our lives! You did what was best for Sascha. I know she loved you very much.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,241,648 times
Quote:
DancingEarth: Wow - great job. It looks nice and cheery now! Almost makes me want to sew my bedroom curtains and bedskirt. I was laying in bed this morning thinking I should do the bedskirt first because I won't know if curtains will fit in the next place I live if I have to sell the house because of the economy. Management had another meeting this morning but haven't heard the results.

I'm going to Bosque Farms tomorrow for a party on Saturday--I guess that makes it two nights of partying. You could celebrate selling your house by coming down and visiting the SW--I'll drag you around Santa Fe.
Thanks for the compliments -- yes, it is very cheery now -- too bad I didn't do this sooner -- like when I'm going to live there!

Watch what you say, Dancingearth!! As you can already see, when I put my mind to something and say I am going to do it --- I do it!! So, you may be dragging me around Santa Fe faster than you can say Santa Claus!

And...I DO hope you can keep your house. Oh, my gosh, are you serious that you may have to leave it?? We are having 20% cuts here this next fiscal year, but, fortunately, it is usually by seniority (I have almost 11 years in). Phew. It's scary out there.

Now, I hear that the economy may be picking up next year -- but what about the housing market??? I would guess the housing market will still have to shake itself out due to the upcoming defaults with more ARMS resetting -- but I'm not sure....any guesses, anyone?? Insider information???

Keep that invitation open for Santa Fe! I'm feeling relieved already just knowing I am going to be free of this mortgage and the "ugly" history of how I got this place....which I won't go into because we'll all be crying then...

Let's keep our fingers, toes, and tongue/ears?? crossed for Dancingearth! Here's to hoping that Management comes to their senses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement