U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 AM

6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times

Advertisements

Tesaje - Is that your house? Yard? WOW!!! Gorgeouse!! 1800 SF - give me a break - it looks 3000+ Who mows that yard!!!!!!!

Great pic - now is this your way of making everyone guess?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Tesaje - Is that your house? Yard? WOW!!! Gorgeouse!! 1800 SF - give me a break - it looks 3000+ Who mows that yard!!!!!!!

Great pic - now is this your way of making everyone guess?
Seriously? That's a niece altho she is only 13 years younger (and a little shorter). My house looks a lot bigger than it is because it sits up on a hill. I have a tractor to mow with, tho now more often than not I have to whack the starter with a hammer. This is why I think I need to get a smaller place. I just don't think I can keep at it when I'm 70 or 80. But it has been fun building the gardens.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,085,567 times
Tesaje - great place - does look like a lot of work! I love your garden. My goal is no grass to mow in this place--make it all garden beds and patio/spaces to hang out. I'm eagerly waiting for the designer to come on Saturday to help me figure out the drainage and then a plan for me to work on. I've got little pictures and a list to try and squeeze into my small secret garden. Then I need to figure out what to do first--maybe have a friend make a door to replace the front gate so it's even more private.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
Tesaje - great place - does look like a lot of work! I love your garden. My goal is no grass to mow in this place--make it all garden beds and patio/spaces to hang out. I'm eagerly waiting for the designer to come on Saturday to help me figure out the drainage and then a plan for me to work on. I've got little pictures and a list to try and squeeze into my small secret garden. Then I need to figure out what to do first--maybe have a friend make a door to replace the front gate so it's even more private.
Thanks. If I had a small yard, I think that is what I would do - no grass. Unless a future dog really needs some. Hmmm Secret gardens have such an appeal.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:38 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,516,359 times
I see a wonderful photo of two gorgeous gals in front of a lovely house when I see tesaje's profile.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-07-2009, 04:43 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,516,359 times
I'd love to see some photos of your yard, dancingearth. I am really sure that New Mexico will be my future home (and wisteria's , too).

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I see a wonderful photo of two gorgeous gals in front of a lovely house when I see tesaje's profile.
You are too kind, tho I certainly agree about my niece.. The house is beautiful - it's Mt. Vernon - George Washington's house.

This swapping pics is a lot of fun. We are a bunch of good looking single women. It is a lot of fun to see the faces after spending so much time reading each other's thoughts. Not only are we a bunch of good looking women, but we each of us have kind faces. You know what they say, by the time you are 50, you have the face you deserve.

Maybe what we are building here is a network of friends who can meet and visit from time to time in our different places. The couple of meetups that have happened one on one are a lot easier to make happen than getting a group together. Tho I think that would be a blast if we can make it happen.

Last edited by Tesaje; 05-07-2009 at 05:18 PM..

Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM

3,745 posts, read 4,218,356 times
Default Private Profile - friends

o.k., I never posted a profile because of the lack of privacy. Granted, the private profile can still be compromised, but I'll give it a shot if y'all let me be your friend. Although I haven't posted very often, I've been following this thread for many months and now I feel left out! As for a picture, that's going to be tough. I look older than my age (the last 8 years or so have wrecked havoc on my body) and I have intentionally avoided having my photograph taken. hmmm.

Anyway, the "Lenora wants to be your friend" will be going out. Be kind.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM

510 posts, read 1,309,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
"Where is a beautiful, safe, affordable medium sized college town in the West where there may be alot of single, retired men?"
In our dreams, I sadly suspect. I doubt there's any place with a lot of single retired men. They do remarry or couple up, and the demographics of each birth cohort are against older women (whose peers usually marry or remarry younger).
On the other hand, younger men (roughly, under 45 face the same demographic problem, and are likely to be open to older company.
Seems to me that most college towns that are beautiful are a) pricey and/or b) have few retired people.
Sorry to be a downer, but I think it's really not possible in the U.S. I am certainly open to being proved wrong.
I'll stick with my 38-45 yo age range. Who wants an old guy?? I'm seeing a 40yo once a week or so now. Fits the bill for me!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 PM

510 posts, read 1,309,221 times
Default A Little Tip

I'm sure alot of people don't know about this feature, and it makes a little easier to create a friends list from members of this thread:

1. Go to the retirement forum, where our 'sticky thread' is listed at the top. (click on 'retirement' above 'my settings' on every page in this thread)

2. Click on 'replies' (the number) on the right side of page.

Results? This will show a list of "Who's Posted" in the order of the number of posts made by each (NancytheReader is the winner). You can click on their name to go to their profile, then choose 'befriend --"
Or, you can click on the number of posts, and see each individual post. * apparently that gives you posts in other threads also.

Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement