U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 11:08 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,084,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Hmmmm, road trip huh?
And, what do many women together like to do??? surely not rock hunting, or campingor 4 wheeling? and, will you all be visiting T or C? I still know how to bake brownies, if that's an attraction at all.
hmmm...brownies...very tempting. Will they have ice cream and hot fudge sauce too? Ya got me...I have been rock hunting and scavaging interesting objects, especially if they are rusty:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/dancingearth/IMG_1714.jpg (broken link)

camping;
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/dancingearth/IMG_7404.jpg (broken link)

Four wheeling--no way
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/dancingearth/IMG_0982.jpg (broken link)

Unless someone else is driving--there's a great bat walk in the Ortiz you need to get to with four wheel drive on a scary road. What a view though!
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/dancingearth/IMG_0944.jpg (broken link)

And wasn't that Karcon jumping out of a plane? KarconI think you did it just right--you found you liked humidity! You can always come back and visit.

Anomoly It was a pleasant surprise to talk to you today! Can't wait until June 1!

I had a nice surprise tonight. I was finishing cleaning for my ceramic class's last potluck/critque at my house and someone knocked on the door. It was a guy friend from my class with a bottle of wine and his pieces and food he wanted to leave tonight because he'll be too busy tomorrow before coming at 6. He stayed and helped cook sloppy joes and clean. So much more fun doing cleaning with someone!

HighdesertmutzWe might be coming thru when heading back to Santa Fe on June 2. I've never actually stopped in TorC--would be fun to see the town after reading so much about it from Anomoly.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 AM

384 posts, read 877,310 times
I can barely keep up with all the information and comments on this thread. In fact, I'm having a hard time keeping up with the changes in my life right now.

Returned from a trip to San Fran, SEA, and the east....and my oh my but how things turn on a dime. Despite my desire and best efforts to plant my feet where I am at or in the PNW, real life has intervened and "click" I simply knew I need to be more accessible and closer to my Mom... if even only for a temporary period of time. I can't even say what caused the "click" - I just knew. I've already started the process of trying to make that happen, and also finally arrived at an unconflicted decision to leave the job despite a recent request for me to stay and lead another special project. So for now, I have a direction or goal and I feel comfortable letting all the chips fall where they may.

Anomoly - showstopper eyes, indeed! Also, I want your summer. Lacking that, I'll just keep reading your posts and learn about RV'ing as I think it is in my future. That and a motorcyle...particularly if I'm out of this rain forest.

M - the YMCA camp did sound intriguing ... particularly the yoga part. Lots of options out there and this thread is a good reminder of that - and that we can make multiple sequential choices - not every decision has to "the" final one.

livecontent - excellent post a few pages ago .... it makes living content sound so much easier!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 AM

384 posts, read 877,310 times
Oh - I didn't meniton - the New Mexico gathering sounds great! Hope you all have fun.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,878,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
hmmm...brownies...very tempting. Will they have ice cream and hot fudge sauce too? Ya got me...I have been rock hunting and scavaging interesting objects, especially if they are rusty:

camping;

Four wheeling--no way

Unless someone else is driving--there's a great bat walk in the Ortiz you need to get to with four wheel drive on a scary road. What a view though!

And wasn't that Karcon jumping out of a plane? KarconI think you did it just right--you found you liked humidity! You can always come back and visit.

Anomoly It was a pleasant surprise to talk to you today! Can't wait until June 1!

I had a nice surprise tonight. I was finishing cleaning for my ceramic class's last potluck/critque at my house and someone knocked on the door. It was a guy friend from my class with a bottle of wine and his pieces and food he wanted to leave tonight because he'll be too busy tomorrow before coming at 6. He stayed and helped cook sloppy joes and clean. So much more fun doing cleaning with someone!

HighdesertmutzWe might be coming thru when heading back to Santa Fe on June 2. I've never actually stopped in TorC--would be fun to see the town after reading so much about it from Anomoly.
Oh yeah, you know what makes the world go 'round! June 2? I'll dm you and give you my clandestine location. stop on by sometime.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 AM

205 posts, read 359,899 times
[quote=Dancingearth;8802901]And wasn't that Karcon jumping out of a plane? KarconI think you did it just right--you found you liked humidity! You can always come back and visit.

Hey, you guessed! Actually I did use to jump out of planes (a looong time ago). Only made six jumps but after the sixth, decided that was enough!!! Funny story, my former husband/father of my children and I were dating at the time and he had never been in a plane before. Not to be "outdone by the girl" he went jumping with me (first/last time). Anyway, the first time he was ever in a plane he took off but didn't land the traditional way.

Do it all - camping, hiking, rock climbing, 4-wheeling, eat brownies whatever your hearts' desire!!!! Most of all celebrate for all us gutsy, wild, wacky women!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 09:45 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,084,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Oh yeah, you know what makes the world go 'round! June 2? I'll dm you and give you my clandestine location. stop on by sometime.
And I'll try really really hard not to say I'm from the IRS!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM

510 posts, read 1,308,752 times
[quote=karcon;8805031]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post

Hey, you guessed! Actually I did use to jump out of planes (a looong time ago). Only made six jumps but after the sixth, decided that was enough!!! Funny story, my former husband/father of my children and I were dating at the time and he had never been in a plane before. Not to be "outdone by the girl" he went jumping with me (first/last time). Anyway, the first time he was ever in a plane he took off but didn't land the traditional way.

Do it all - camping, hiking, rock climbing, 4-wheeling, eat brownies whatever your hearts' desire!!!! Most of all celebrate for all us gutsy, wild, wacky women!!!
WOW! I AM IMPRESSED, KARCON!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:19 AM

2,217 posts, read 2,034,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugio de Montaña View Post
Hello, Wisteria!
We have the perfect place for you!
It is Refugio de Montaña.

Refugio de Montaña
is a refuge that provides a comfortable and ....
This looks an awful lot like advertising, or even spam, doesn't it?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
Returned from a trip to San Fran, SEA, and the east....and my oh my but how things turn on a dime. Despite my desire and best efforts to plant my feet where I am at or in the PNW, real life has intervened and "click" I simply knew I need to be more accessible and closer to my Mom... if even only for a temporary period of time. I can't even say what caused the "click" - I just knew. I've already started the process of trying to make that happen, and also finally arrived at an unconflicted decision to leave the job despite a recent request for me to stay and lead another special project. So for now, I have a direction or goal and I feel comfortable letting all the chips fall where they may.
I know the feeling... I had that 'click' last October, which caused me to go to Oregon to be with my mom. I'm happy to say I stayed till January with no regrets for staying or leaving, meaning she's doing well. Follow your instincts!

Anomoly - showstopper eyes, indeed! Also, I want your summer. Lacking that, I'll just keep reading your posts and learn about RV'ing as I think it is in my future. That and a motorcyle...particularly if I'm out of this rain forest.
Thanks! I'll definitely keep ya'll posted on a blog (Wisteria suggested "The Adventures of Anomoly") ..and I just happen to be a collector of all things 'Alice'--in Wonderland, that is.

Lots of options out there and this thread is a good reminder of that - and that we can make multiple sequential choices - not every decision has to "the" final one.
Well put!! Remember this, ladies!
Yes, this thread is hard to keep up with, eh?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryc11 View Post
this looks an awful lot like advertising, or even spam, doesn't it?
yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement