U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Reputation: 16283

Advertisements

Dancin- That is the cutest bridge - now you need a downpour for several days so you can fill up the gully. Get some ducks - maybe a gator

 
Old 05-25-2009, 09:12 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 3,085,567 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Dancin- That is the cutest bridge - now you need a downpour for several days so you can fill up the gully. Get some ducks - maybe a gator
I tried to think of a way to put a pond in but I need to have it for drainage. The city makes everyone do drainage in their yards. I've never seen a duck or a gator in NM.

Knox Do you know how to do waterfalls? That dirt pile in the back corner wants to be a waterfall.
 
Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
 
46 posts, read 92,128 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
Random question: How many women here have been divorced, widowed, never married? How many have kids?
For the record, I've never been married or had kids. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Divorced and no kids. I'm amazed there are so many without kids.
 
Old 05-25-2009, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
2,172 posts, read 6,887,502 times
Reputation: 1525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post

Knox Do you know how to do waterfalls? That dirt pile in the back corner wants to be a waterfall.
Nope. My sister has a really nice one but she did it the way she usually does stuff which is to call people who build waterfalls and point to where she wants it and then stand there, checkbook in hand. We're at opposite ends of the DIY scale.
There's some info on waterfalls here:
I Built Waterfall
Or look for a Sunset book on them. They're usually pretty good.
Gardenweb has a lot of forums that can be helpful. That's actually how our swap got started.
Ponds and Aquatic Plants Forum - GardenWeb
I love my water gardens. They're so easy to take care of and attract birds and butterflies and dragonflies.
 
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 3,085,567 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
Nope. My sister has a really nice one but she did it the way she usually does stuff which is to call people who build waterfalls and point to where she wants it and then stand there, checkbook in hand. We're at opposite ends of the DIY scale.
There's some info on waterfalls here:
I Built Waterfall
Or look for a Sunset book on them. They're usually pretty good.
Gardenweb has a lot of forums that can be helpful. That's actually how our swap got started.
Ponds and Aquatic Plants Forum - GardenWeb
I love my water gardens. They're so easy to take care of and attract birds and butterflies and dragonflies.
Thanks, I'll check those sites. I saw my first butterfly in my garden today! A Monarch.
 
Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Alaska
384 posts, read 877,571 times
Reputation: 186
MY PEOPLE = My Friends. My friends are more family than family once was. I am ever so grateful to have experienced what I have with friends, and to have them in my daily life.
 
Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 AM
 
Location: DC Area, for now
3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
I tried to think of a way to put a pond in but I need to have it for drainage. The city makes everyone do drainage in their yards. I've never seen a duck or a gator in NM.

Knox Do you know how to do waterfalls? That dirt pile in the back corner wants to be a waterfall.
Here ya go. Details on how: Build a Backyard Waterfall and Stream: Plans and Instructions | Backyards | Reader's Digest (http://www.rd.com/build-a-backyard-waterfall-and-stream-plans-and-instructions/article17476.html - broken link)

Love your little bridge. I can tell your backyard will be an enticing oasis.
 
Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,241,648 times
Reputation: 2646
Hi Everyone,

Well, the deed is done....my house is listed. If you're interested, here is the MLS link: 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® The town is actually Felton (San Lorenzo Valley is the area of Felton). (Anomoly slept in the "blue room" of "The Love Shack" -- with the quilted cover.)

Or just MLS number 80925406

Note the virtual tour at the bottom of the 18 photos on the first page.

It's with a sad heart that I have to give it up, but since I have no alternative...."bye, bye."

Obviously, I am extremely busy (open house tomorrow and Sunday) and still trying to get more done. I was too tired this weekend to do a dump run -- will do it on Saturday, instead.

Now you can see where I live....for now....

Thanks for your support.

Wisteria

Last edited by Wisteria; 05-27-2009 at 10:58 AM..
 
Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM
 
2,627 posts, read 4,952,863 times
Reputation: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well, the deed is done....my house is listed. If you're interested, here is the MLS link: 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® The town is actually Felton (San Lorenzo Valley is the area of Felton). (Anomoly slept in the "blue room" of "The Love Shack" -- with the quilted cover.)

Or just MLS number 80925406

Note the virtual tour at the bottom of the 18 photos on the first page.

It's with a sad heart that I have to give it up, but since I have no alternative...."bye, bye."

Obviously, I am extremely busy (open house tomorrow and Sunday) and still trying to get more done. I was too tired this weekend to do a dump run -- will do it on Saturday, instead.

Now you can see where I live....for now....

Thanks for your support.

Wisteria
What a lovely place you have! I can see you've put a lot of work into it. I love your yard. What a wonderful woods you live in! Best of luck. I hope, for your sake, that it sells quickly and smoooooothly. Mary
 
Old 05-27-2009, 10:56 AM
 
Location: SW US
2,218 posts, read 2,036,207 times
Reputation: 3824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well, the deed is done....my house is listed. If you're interested, here is the MLS link: 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® The town is actually Felton (San Lorenzo Valley is the area of Felton).
This is such a beautiful setting. The garden is fantastic. Too bad you have to sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top