U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 AM

510 posts, read 1,309,221 times

Advertisements

check out my latest blog entry to see what's going on with my bellybutton...

Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Anomoly - Painful? You are a wild and crazy gal! The boat outting should be fun Enjoy!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:47 PM

384 posts, read 877,571 times
OMG - Anomoly ... OUCH! But it looks good. I was wondering if you finished your prep and were taking off. I'm still studying the RV boards, and sites and getting a better idea of what I want and how to get it.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 AM

205 posts, read 359,973 times
Can you believe tomorrow is June 1st already?! Half the year gone, like THAT. Seems we have all been busy. I have been packing, sorting, throwing - getting ready for my move. Have made several trips to Goodwill; took clothes to the consignment store and what they didn't take made another trip to Goodwill. Have a lot of stuff to take to the street for pickup tomorrow. Packing, packing, packing. Have rented a storage unit and made two (full) trips with boxes, etc. that I am moving myself. More trips scheduled over the next few weeks. The movers will move the heavy stuff. Tomorrow the auction/antique lady is coming to pick up all the stuff I am selling for auction. She does a split (70/30 - I get the 70). The house will (hopefully) start to feel empty. I can't believe I have been here 9 years. Gave notice to my landlord (certified letter). Have gotten a call (doesn't sound very happy) and will call when I "get a chance." My lease ends June 30 and notified them I will not be renewing for year 10. Can't wait to leave. I am now beginning to realize how much of box I had put myself into. Closing date is set for 6/25. Of course, as the final loan papers went in last week, I'm still waiting for the final approval. Keep your fingers crossed. I just won't stress.

Now sad news. My 18 year old cat, Koviack, is finally at the end. I took him back to the vets last week and he was admitted for a couple of days for another IV drip treatment. He hasn't been eating or drinking and is very dehydrated. I wanted to try one more time - was not ready for the alternative. He has still had he's bright eyed look and sweet sweet disposition. Was still able to jump to different counters in the kitchen where he would sit and stare into a bowl of water. Well this morning he can't walk. On carpet it's okay, stiff and wobbly, but still walking. But on the hardwood floors his little legs can't hold him up. And his eyes look so sad. We've talked and I told him it was okay to go when he's ready; that China and Sascha are both waiting to see him. Told him he just needed to let me know. Well, I think he is telling me. Tomorrow will be the day. I can't see him suffer anymore and not being able to walk is suffering. I will miss him so much, but he is such a good, uncomplaining kitty. I have to be a good compassionate human. So sad.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:02 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,887,502 times
So sorry to hear about Koviack. It is such a difficult decision to have to make. I had to do it with two and it broke my heart each time.
Sending you and Koviack positive thoughts and prayers.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Oh, karon . I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Koviack . I know that is the most difficult thing in the world to do. I'll be thinking of you today.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
I'm so sorry for your kitty. I've had to do that a few times. It never is easy. They give us so much but just don't last long enough.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:41 AM

I was so grateful I didn't have to go through that with my kitty, Nicholas, who was 16. He was so skinny, but bright and jovial up to the end, so when I was told he had kidney disease and only had a few months, I cherished my time with him. Then he just never came home one day, and I knew he found his place and time. God bless them all. You made me cry, but 18 years is a long happy life.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM

Default With friends like that..

Just thought we all needed a little laughter!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,052,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post

Just thought we all needed a little laughter!
Funny - I think I've had a "friend" or 2 like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement