U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Winter Park FL
205 posts, read 359,973 times
Reputation: 378

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
really ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
Did I "wander into the wrong @#$% rec room"? (movie "Tremors") or is this still a thread for posters supportive of others??
REALLY????????????????????????????????????????? a thousand fold. Think this is a WTF moment (sorry) but REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a supportive group. Some of us have met in person and others cyberly - but this has been and is a safe place - that little soft spot to land that Dr. Phil talks about. We are there for each other. Some of us have it better or harder than others but that is not the point. Since we are all women on our own for one reason or another, who have (or have not) raised children, lost loved ones, jobs, been up, been down - this is the one place where we know we will not be critized or put down for sharing/venting! We don't always agree, are very much alike and yet so different. Have different life experiences. But at the end of the day we all know that we are here for each other. People who have no compassion for others, who find it easy to mock in such a cruel way is the same as just kicking a person when they're down. I'm sure there are other threads that welcome that kind of attitude. BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!

 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 18,978,143 times
Reputation: 15649
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
REALLY????????????????????????????????????????? a thousand fold. Think this is a WTF moment (sorry) but REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a supportive group. Some of us have met in person and others cyberly - but this has been and is a safe place - that little soft spot to land that Dr. Phil talks about. We are there for each other. Some of us have it better or harder than others but that is not the point. Since we are all women on our own for one reason or another, who have (or have not) raised children, lost loved ones, jobs, been up, been down - this is the one place where we know we will not be critized or put down for sharing/venting! We don't always agree, are very much alike and yet so different. Have different life experiences. But at the end of the day we all know that we are here for each other. People who have no compassion for others, who find it easy to mock in such a cruel way is the same as just kicking a person when they're down. I'm sure there are other threads that welcome that kind of attitude. BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!
Thanks, Karcon! I think I got the line from the movie wrong, so I corrected it on my post just previous to this one. It's what's his name and his wife loaded to the hilt with ammo who say this to the invading MONSTER. But you know, the quote could easily be changed to my misquote-- to imply that it is I who wandered into the wrong $#@%@ rec room this morning!!!
 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Winter Park FL
205 posts, read 359,973 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Thanks, Karcon! I think I got the line from the movie wrong, so I corrected it on my post just previous to this one. It's what's his name and his wife loaded to the hilt with ammo who say this to the invading MONSTER. But you know, the quote could easily be changed to my misquote-- to imply that it is I who wandered into the wrong $#@%@ rec room this morning!!!
It was early. Actually I woke up at 4 this a.m. and decided to just get up. First cup of coffee then turned onto CD. Was shocked! Too early to deal with at that moment. Glad others are responding. I guess the only way some people can feel good about themselves is when they put others down. "That person" must feel great - we should all be so lucky! :dubi ous:: eek: and every other icon that fits the sentiment!!!!
 
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
2,172 posts, read 6,887,502 times
Reputation: 1525
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Thanks, Karcon! I think I got the line from the movie wrong, so I corrected it on my post just previous to this one. It's what's his name and his wife loaded to the hilt with ammo who say this to the invading MONSTER. But you know, the quote could easily be changed to my misquote-- to imply that it is I who wandered into the wrong $#@%@ rec room this morning!!!
Reba McIntire and Michael Gross. Good monster movie. Didn't care for the sequels, though.
 
Old 06-03-2009, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,954 posts, read 7,393,688 times
Reputation: 16283
Wisteria & Nancy - Are you two still planning on a trip to NM and are you still planning on moving there when house/condo sell?

You were so excited about it but haven't heard anything for a whil
 
Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,241,648 times
Reputation: 2646
Moderator cut: original post was deleted


My daughter's a teenager, and she is acting like one! Solves that, but as any parent knows, that is still a wound…..

This group is a supportive group, not a mean group! We are women with problems, joys, sorrows, and all the emotions of life. Sometimes we share them, sometimes we don't. But one thing we have in common – which you, LALACATT, seem to not have – is compassion, concern, interest, friendliness, caring, sharing and an understanding that life is about ups and downs, and it's nice to have friends for support when the down times come.

Your post about finding the "love of your life," sounds to me that you are not married, probably don't have children, and you weren't very successful yourself in life if you only have $1500/month to live on. Of course, you're bitter.

This is a free board, and you're allowed to post, however, we are also allowed to let the moderators know if someone is intentionally creating problems – which it sounds like you are.

At 65, if you haven't figured out yet that women support each other, and that we share both good times and bad, then my guess is you do not have many (or any) friends. Otherwise, your comments would show some compassion, perhaps some good suggestions, or just empathy. It sounds like, if what you say is true, then you needed some women like us! It is too bad that your ornery side is posted for all the world to see. My only hope is that you are a troll – that would be a saving grace – because women who have no compassion, don't deserve the friendship of the many who do.

Thanks again to all who found LALA's post before I did and replied justly! We ARE a great group, and I am putting LALA on "ignore" because I don't think she is compatible with this wonderful group of supportive, caring women!

Thanks, all! Yes, WE ARE WOMEN, HEAR US ROAR!!!!!!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-03-2009 at 06:46 PM..
 
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,241,648 times
Reputation: 2646
Quote:
MN2CO: Wisteria & Nancy - Are you two still planning on a trip to NM and are you still planning on moving there when house/condo sell?
You said the magic words: when house sells! That is the problem. I'm not getting many bites, and it may be a long time, and a sharp drop in price.....something I don't want to think about right now. If I am here over the winter, I will seriously consider a roommate...we'll see.

I still want another trip out there -- Nancy has not been there yet -- so we hope to coordinate a trip at some point. I know she has many things going on in NY, and I here, so we have to work on it. However, I do have a realtor and another couple people there with whom I have regular contact. In this case, I guess patience is the rule!

ConeyIsBabe, thanks for your comments, too. Yes, we are all imperfect, many of us made poor decisions. Our children, and the youth of today are quite lucky to have information at their fingertips (Google!), and, hopefully, the women of the future will have the lives they envision forever!
 
Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,590 posts, read 39,962,822 times
Reputation: 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Wisteria & Nancy - Are you two still planning on a trip to NM and are you still planning on moving there when house/condo sell?

...
The rates on SWA seem to have gone up the last couple days, but it still looks like each of you could get to ABQ or ELP (40 min from LC, and a NICE airport) for $120 each way. I had to pay dearly for my ELP priceline rental car ($38/day). Most places are $12 - $16, so maybe you should check ABQ rental prices, but... I'd sell some junk on eBay and take a trip. Gotta 'downsize' anyway

Do the 'guest home thing' It is superb way to get to know folks and the area. (and its CHEAP )..$20. Safe for women too (not sure about the couch surfing thing...)
I sent a single mom and 2 teenage daughters off on a 'round the USA trip last yr' with one of my directories (not these). After a couple stays, they enjoyed it so much and felt so much safer than hotels, they planned their trip via available guesthomes
The Affordable Travel Club
Evergreen Club
CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time
+ many more

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 06-03-2009 at 12:53 PM..
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,590 posts, read 39,962,822 times
Reputation: 23725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNewman View Post
...
And no, I'm not a troll. This is the first time I've ever posted though.
nuff said. Thanks for your thoughts (again) ...
 
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,241,648 times
Reputation: 2646
Hi Ryan Newman,

Any relation to PAUL?? (His daughter lives near me….)

Well, this is ridiculous. First of all you do sound like a troll (again, as StealthRabbit said), and secondly, you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME except the little bit I've posted.

By the way, you're wrong about the profit margin, and you don't know that sales prices are going down. You don't know how much I've invested, which makes it even-steven, so to say.

As for your comments about foster kids …. well, let's just say I was not a foster child…..but, I too, have worked directly with that population as a social worker….ahem, we (social workers) DO work with a very difficult population, and we don't get paid much (in the private sector, or any sector, actually).

I think you're just trying to stir up trouble. I regret now that I posted anything personal – I figured it was women who had also had their ups and downs and I know some have had similar experiences. Then people like yourself come along and create problems.

As for the house thing….little do you know about psychopaths, I guess (or actually, you well may and thus your post). And I noticed you re-worded what I stated to change the story to your liking.

So, I guess I now have to ignore you, too. You sound like a bitter, mean, old, nasty person and I have plenty of documentation to back up what I say – I am one of those very few people (it seems nowadays) who actually has documentation to prove what I say, and, secondly, actually tell the truth. You've heard the phrase: "Truth is stranger than fiction," and so it is.

You don't like it – TOUGH! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME EXCEPT FOR THE FEW LITTLE THINGS YOU HAVE READ. THEREFORE YOU HAVE NO REASON TO CRITICIZE ME FOR THE FEW PIECES OF TRUTH I HAVE REVEALED. I will NOT post legal documents on-line for all to see, and I have plenty. You know nothing about me, and assume an awful lot with such vitriol, that it is hard to believe you are an ethical person. One thing you don't know about me, is that I keep extensive files of documentation – because truth IS stranger than fiction, and it helps to have legal, truthful documents to support my claims.

My only guess is that you MAY well be someone I know who is narcissistic and a pathological liar who takes pleasure in saying horrible things in much the same way that you have here and knows that I post on C-D. Therefore, I will no longer respond to trolling posts that are so negative, nasty, dishonest, and antagonistic (and I suggest the other "real" women on this board, do the same).

Wallow in your own pitiful life, because with an attitude like yours, it has got to be awful – even if you have a lot of money, a beautiful home, or many other amenities, you have tarnished this thread, and I refuse to interact with you again – no matter what name you use, nor what IP you use. Trying to get a rise out of someone purposely (and I notice that it is Wisteria who is being targeted), is a direct attack, and I have a hunch you know me – and have always been jealous and vindictive, although I never figured out why.

So, there you have it. Ms./Mr. Newman, thank you for your curt reply, and I'd like to get back to talking to the people who count here. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top