U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 PM

3,745 posts, read 4,216,823 times

Advertisements

Hey Knoxgarden!

I saw where you received a gift card for being a great poster. Must have been your last post that clinched the prize.

Seriously, I wonder how many folks move to Knoxville based on your glowing recommendations. It's still on my "list."

Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,391,767 times
Congrats, Knox...

I agree with lenora - Knoxville is still on my list. CO (somewhere) or Knoxville, TN area.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 PM

510 posts, read 1,308,971 times
WTF?? I haven't been here since my last post about the 'waitress dream', for which I received a warning?????!!!!
Sounds like some troll came along, and I got the blame???!!!!??????

Guess I won't be posting for awhile...?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,085,138 times
Doing a little catching up after cooking dinner for my friends and watching a movie. Looks like I've missed all the ugliness. Sounds like they were aimed at Wisteria--sorry you had to read that on top of everything else you're going thru Wisteria. Pathetic to kick someone when they are down. It's definitely better to ignore them--not much fun if they're ignored and removed. Thanks for getting rid of them Nancy.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,886,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
WTF?? I haven't been here since my last post about the 'waitress dream', for which I received a warning?????!!!!

What did you get blamed for? There was a nasty troll on but no one thought it was you. Maybe the troll attacked you?

Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,886,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Hey Knoxgarden!

I saw where you received a gift card for being a great poster. Must have been your last post that clinched the prize.

Seriously, I wonder how many folks move to Knoxville based on your glowing recommendations. It's still on my "list."
That was a very pleasant surprise to sign on and get that!
Things have gone from dismal to great over the last couple of weeks. I've gotten a new contract job doing probate research. My criminal search job has picked up considerably.
Both were unexpected. Nothing beats being wanted when you're feeling down.
Haven't decided what I'm going to use it for.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 PM

384 posts, read 877,447 times
Took a break from my RV research to check out the thread .. whoa Nellie! Wild. I go with NewEnglandGirl ignore and move on.

Knoxgarden - congrats on the gift card (although I don't know what that means - I only just discovered the "reputation" comments section.) Apparently, I am too focused to make full use of the tools available on this thread. By the by... I'm currently planning on traveling through your area in mid to late October. I'm heading to a workshop in Georgia and then I hope to go down the west coast of Florida.

In contrast to the normal wet and cool weather here, we have been enjoying a phenomenal month of sun ... and now it is in the 80's! If only it was like this more frequently, this would be THE place to retire. No income tax, unparalleled beauty, and wonderful community!! Of course, last year it never hit 70 and we had a summer of horizontal blowing rain.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 AM

6,954 posts, read 7,391,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post

Anomoly - If you received a warning re: your waitress post, I would say someone is a bit oversensitive. There was nothing wrong with it. So don't stop posting.

There were 2 nasty people that posted - but that is history. They were promptly beat to a pulp by the ladies here.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:37 AM

2,626 posts, read 4,951,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
Took a break from my RV research to check out the thread .. whoa Nellie! Wild. I go with NewEnglandGirl ignore and move on.

Knoxgarden - congrats on the gift card (although I don't know what that means - I only just discovered the "reputation" comments section.) Apparently, I am too focused to make full use of the tools available on this thread. By the by... I'm currently planning on traveling through your area in mid to late October. I'm heading to a workshop in Georgia and then I hope to go down the west coast of Florida.

In contrast to the normal wet and cool weather here, we have been enjoying a phenomenal month of sun ... and now it is in the 80's! If only it was like this more frequently, this would be THE place to retire. No income tax, unparalleled beauty, and wonderful community!! Of course, last year it never hit 70 and we had a summer of horizontal blowing rain.
Where are you located
?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,240,768 times
Thanks, Nancy -- very much appreciated! Maybe we need to do a little sage burning (keeping with the New Mexico theme) to be rid of those negative vibes!

Thank you, again!! Now, we can get back to the "real" women of this thread!

Anomoly, maybe yours was accidentally mixed into the troll's posts -- there were quite a few going on....check on that and see. I wasn't offended -- I was actually a waitress in high school (my short-lived career), and my last day (of the short two weeks I was there), I literally tripped and dropped a whole tray of hamburgers, cokes, fries and milkshakes ONTO the lap of the guy sitting in his OPEN convertible!!! Yep, that's one nightmare I want to forget!! I always thought I had two left feet -- I think that proved it!

Last edited by Wisteria; 06-04-2009 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement