U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 06:04 PM

357 posts, read 877,381 times

Advertisements

who own the land, if not home owner association, how long can you keep the mobile home there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Who knew I'd end up back where I started from????

Anyone looking for a mobile home, check out Santa Cruz, CA (I, originally, put the name of the park down, but I think I shouldn't post it right now -- need to save some of those homes for the women HERE!). There are a wide variety of prices. Of course, I got the cheapest one, but it fits me just fine -- just large enough -- almost 1,000 sq. ft. But within walking distance of the beach, so many things nearby, the yacht harbor, the ocean, the shops, downtown, so many free music events, and wine tastings, and even the Beach Boardwalk, well, it will be hard to stay inside.

Pet restrictions, though -- just one pet... But knowing at almost 62 I am having knee difficulties, and it is just too hard for me to care for a "real" stick house and yard, this is fine. Besides with all the amenities that the "real" rich people provide in this town, it's perfect. My theory has always been to get the cheapest place in the most expensive area -- that way I get to live there and enjoy what the wealthy provide and pay for, and I still can skim by on my tiny salary/pension! I don't need a McMansion -- not when I can have all this at my fingertips!!

So, the line is forming, join in, grab the waist of the person in front and let's do the Conga to California!! Haha! It WOULD definitely be cool!!!

Okay, get dancing!!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,050,067 times
Quote:
What is the red triangle icon (to the right of the scales) and the other one, to the left?
The red triangle is to report a post to a moderator for violating the terms of service, but never just because you didn't like it.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 AM

16,042 posts, read 18,971,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
The red triangle is to report a post to a moderator for violating the terms of service, but never just because you didn't like it.
Thanks, I haven't ever seen reason to here.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:25 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,510,875 times
Hi Everyone <><><><><><><>

I just thought I would post a link to the real estate that has my house listed. It's just a tiny condo, but the real estate agent really photographed it nicely and already people are looking at it. (I don't like to be there when they come, though.) I guess it is worth it to have it listed professionally.
Wish me luck . . . . .

Babylon, NY 11702 | MLS# 2202250

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-12-2009, 04:51 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,607,670 times
Default Nancy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Hi Everyone <><><><><><><>

I just thought I would post a link to the real estate that has my house listed. It's just a tiny condo, but the real estate agent really photographed it nicely and already people are looking at it. (I don't like to be there when they come, though.) I guess it is worth it to have it listed professionally.
Wish me luck . . . . .

Babylon, NY 11702 | MLS# 2202250
Your condo is BEAUTIFUL and I think it will sell soon !! I wouldn't mind living there myself, if it weren't for the cold winters - NYC is my hometown and I miss it. Don't think I've ever been to Long Island but I hear it is quite nice. BEST OF LUCK Nancy, and - - -

maybe we will all wind up in California Dreamin'

Old 07-12-2009, 05:23 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,886,109 times
Nancy, that condo is gorgeous! Love the garden.
I did notice, though, that the photos show wood floors and the listing says it's carpeted. Ask the agent to change that so that people searching for wood floors don't miss it.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,050,067 times
Thanks Nancy. We do get curious. It is lovely.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,057,803 times
Default So cute, Nancy!

It looks right out the pages of one of my decorating magazines. If you could transplant it to the Oregon coast, make it a one-story and reduce the taxes by about 75%, I'll take it. I even love the community name "Whaler's Cove".

Best of luck selling. It's cute, cute.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 PM

9 posts, read 19,020 times
Stealth'
Thanks for taking the time to provide a lot of leads, all the helpful information, and climate (temperature and otherwise). Made a list of those places to research. The struggle, for me, with considering a move that far away...is the distance away from my daughters and grandchildren. At some point I'll have to make some hard decisions. I have considered Maryland - the Chesapeake Bay area and Baltimore - but am under the impression that their cost of living is high. Will check further. Question - what does "PNW" stand for?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,057,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riversglow View Post
Stealth' Question - what does "PNW" stand for?
Pacific Northwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement