U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
'M'

1,818 posts, read 2,617,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I did have my Open House today so maybe, just maybe one of those people will make an offer. I know I kept telling wisteria, "It only takes one buyer" , but I am starting to get a little nervous and I have already reduced the selling price. It is scary out there, I think.
Nancy...I sold my condo for full price in a very bad condo market 6 years ago. I wouldn't allow any negative thoughts around the sale. It sold in 30 days with 4 full price offers. I'm sure some of the realtors I visited with choked when they saw what happened with my condo....they were very negative. So...hang in there. I know all of us encourage only positive thoughts circulating in your head and in your words. I will certainly do the same in my thoughts about you selling your beautiful home

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-28-2009 at 05:12 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 PM

7,049 posts, read 7,004,950 times
Default Sold House

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Thanks for your support. As always, you guys are the greatest.
I know I'm in a different part of the country, but last month a house in my neighborhood sold in 25 days for more money than any house sold in here last year. It CAN happen. Things are looking better.

Keep picturing a buyer at the closing table. It's the law of attraction. It will happen.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:47 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,059,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I know I'm in a different part of the country, but last month a house in my neighborhood sold in 25 days for more money than any house sold in here last year. It CAN happen. Things are looking better.

Keep picturing a buyer at the closing table. It's the law of attraction. It will happen.
I have a friend who put his house on the market here when he retired two years ago. He decided to sell on his own without an agent. He put a nice self-made sign up in his yard, ran one ad in the newspaper advertising his one and only open house. He wasn't in a hurry to sell. Over time, he had several passers-by and a number of agents who stopped to see the house (on a quiet interior street) with no real serious bites. He keeps his property ship shape inside and out. So he sat and waited. Someone stopped in his driveway a few weeks ago to look at the house for sale next door. It had just recently sold, so the prospective buyer came in to look at my friend's house. He made an almost full price offer and they're now in escrow due to close in about a week. Who woulda thunk!

The newspaper here has indicated home sales are improving.

It seems things are starting to look up in different parts of the country.
With such a cute condo, Nancy, and our good wishes, maybe you'll sell in fairly short order.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,040,423 times
Things have been really quiet here lately. Where is everybody?
The heat has me in a holding pattern till fall. LOL

Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 PM

6,956 posts, read 7,401,444 times
Default A mouse tale ...........

Last night, about 2 a.m., I woke up to a whole lot of commotion downstairs. Then I heard my dog whinning so I thought - EEK! AN INTRUDER and he/they hurt my dog!

So I grabbed the golf club I keep under my bed and went to :get 'em".

I turned on the light and at the bottom of the stairs were 2 dogs and a cat (all mine) all trying to get into the hall closet - the door was open about 1 foot. I knew there was too much junk in there for a human so I proceeded down (ah, relief!)

Naturally, as soon as they saw me they went into a bigger frenzy. I get downstairs and happen to look down into a bucket that was sitting there and what I see is a tiny little mouse looking right back up at me with a EEK look on it's face.

I grabbed a towel and put in the bucket to keep the mouse from climbing out, grabbed the handle, took it to the back door, went outside and gave a heave-ho to the bucket, towel and mouse and then ran inside.

This morning, they were all sleeping outside the closet door - waiting for mouse. That mouse was so freaked out, it must be in the next county by now.

So, that's my exciting news. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,058,733 times
Cute tale, but that mouse is probably back in your house by now.

Yes, I hate mices to pieces ...

Living out in the country they are a very destructive pest.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:30 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,610,770 times
Default Little Birdie on Porch

Mama bird found a very cool place to build her nest, on top of the light fixture of my covered porch!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:44 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,040,423 times
I'm fighting a packrat that is determined to come into the house through the dryer vent. A couple of days ago I took off the hardware cloth I had put on to keep it out, to try to see how it was still getting in. Out tumbled a bunch of seed pods it had stored in the vent, nicely protected from others by the hardware cloth. I replaced the seed pods with mothballs. So far so good. But I went to the hardware store yesterday to get a better way to hold the hardware cloth on. They sold me plumbers tape, which is actually a metal strip with holes in to put screws through. If it weren't 100 degrees I would have tried to put it on already, even though I have doubts about having enough hand strength to do it right.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:36 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,890,681 times
Wild critters have been staying outside this year. I haven't even seen a cricket come in. Those are easy to spot. The cats hop along behind it.
One of the cats has an invisible mouse. "It" apparently lives in a small hole in the baseboard behind the litter boxes in the bathroom. He pushes the litter boxes out of the way to get closer to the hole to watch. So I never know where the litter boxes are going to be when I go to the bathroom. Keeps it interesting.
I thought the mouse had left us. He hadn't been doing the littler box thing for a couple of weeks. But apparently it has returned.
I've checked and have seen no sign of a mouse. The baseboard is on a solid brick wall.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:47 PM

6,956 posts, read 7,401,444 times
Hey, ladies - how's life?

Tesaje - you must be close to retirement - yea!

Coney, cute bird - great place for it - it must know you are the protector of mama birds. Coney, are you moving to CA? FL?

Windwalker - I suspect this wayward mouse came in the same way - I'll use your strategy.

If that mouse comes back, I may have to actually use that golf club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement