U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,608,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
This is wonderful -- we are all witnessing a dream coming true -- the dream of living in California!

I suggest a Westcoast retreat at some point! Santa Cruz could be a meeting place!

It would be wonderful to be face-to-face!! What a great group of women!!

Or maybe we could even do a meet-up cruise! We are a creative bunch, so I'm sure we can come up with something for everyone!!

I just moved this weekend, and getting used to all the differences. Very strange to wake up smelling the ocean instead of in the middle of the redwoods -- surreal. It will be an adjustment, but I think that with retirement on the horizon, and aging never stopping, that this is the best decision at this point in life. And besides, we are going to have a Santa Cruz Women's Community!!

For all you Californian dreamers, Nancy is proof that dreams DO come true!!
I'm taking the liberty of appointing you, Wisteria, our official "scout" to be on the lookout for any opportunities for becomming a part of the Santa Cruz Women's Community in your mobile estates park !!

Although, I'm personally nowhere near ready to make that move, I'd like to know the option exists In the meantime, I (and perhaps some others) will continue to live vicariously through your adventures And speaking of adventures - ~ - ~

Anomoly, how are you ??????

Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 AM

510 posts, read 1,309,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Anomoly, how are you ??????
I'm ok, lurking in the shadows. Not much to report, so I've just been reading, instead of writing.
So, if Nancy sells her condo, she's automatically moving to Santa Cruz? That would be great. I could move my trailer to Santa Cruz pretty easily, and since Santa Cruz has the year round weather I need, and my insatiable thirst for 'community', I might need Wisteria to find a space for me down the road. For this year, I'm looking forward to a beautiful winter in Yuma. However, as you know from my blogs, I'm just killing time till the blazing summer heat is over, here in New Mexico. I'm going fishing today, haven't had any luck so far. I'll post a pic of my fish, if I ever catch one.

I see many group roadtrips, or meetups in our future. I just need to get motivated to plan one, and push you all, with an established date and location. If I plan it, some of you will come, even if it's not where you plan to live. I stll see New Mexico as a good destination, more affordable than Santa Cruz, but if Wisteria's got something up her sleeve, Santa Cruz would be heavenly for a meetup!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 AM

510 posts, read 1,309,221 times
By the way, how's the writing collection going, Miruca and NewEngGirl? That's OK, and to be expected, if it's slow going. I certainly have nothing to add at this point, but will when the urge hits me. Is Knox fixing up some software that's geared toward collecting writings?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM

52 posts, read 144,018 times
Default Anomoly

Good to hear from you Anomoly. Was getting a little worried.

Glorida

Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,887,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
By the way, how's the writing collection going, Miruca and NewEngGirl? That's OK, and to be expected, if it's slow going. I certainly have nothing to add at this point, but will when the urge hits me. Is Knox fixing up some software that's geared toward collecting writings?
Working on the website portion of it. I never seem to get much done in August.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,516,359 times
So many people crossed their fingers that I received THREE offers. Thanks, everyone !

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,058,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
So many people crossed their fingers that I received THREE offers. Thanks, everyone !
Yay, Nancy! Hope those offers are good ones. You go girl!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,036,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Wow, what great news!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:29 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Woohoo for you, awesome news!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:37 PM

52 posts, read 144,018 times
Default Congratulations

Congratulations on your offers, Nancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.