U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-15-2009, 05:03 PM

375 posts, read 580,965 times
How fun for Wisteria and NancytheReader! You've started the colony - and Santa Cruz looks like a paradise.

I believe Wistera and Knoxgarden are the supreme advocates for their respective areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:24 PM

1,942 posts, read 2,513,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
How fun for Wisteria and NancytheReader! You've started the colony - and Santa Cruz looks like a paradise.

I believe Wistera and Knoxgarden are the supreme advocates for their respective areas.

I agree!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 PM

64 posts, read 146,485 times
Default Great Outcome!

Way to go Nancy -- very happy for you! It helps to have an encouraging and welcoming soul to make the new place special. How wonderful for both of you!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,350,288 times
Cool Wisteria..... esteemed leader ....

This amazing thread for retired single women has accomplished its goal for several women already ~~ and continues to be an inspiration to the others

Now.... consider creating a new topic that will include the retired senior single gentlemen with the goal of all living in the same community with a support network ~ your mobile estates park Whatcha think

California Dreamin'

Old 09-15-2009, 06:16 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,650,142 times
I'll vote for that!! The title scares most men away, except Livecontent.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM

6,814 posts, read 6,532,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I have also bought a little place right near by and I'll be moving in about a month . Wisteria and I are hoping that a third person will be joining us later this year . So we will have our own little colony there.
Congratulations, Nancy!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM

200 posts, read 230,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Did your son and girlfriend have any unusual stories about C.A. or Mexico? Anything exciting or scarey happen? Maybe they didn't share any of those with MOM!
They did have a travel blog with great stories and photos. They went from Tulum, Mexico to Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicarauga, Costa Rica, Panama, then spent the last month in Zihuatanejo, Mexico. I've learned how to just take a deep breath and breathe. Being in his mid 30's he really isn't a child anymore. He's always been adventurous but since he takes after his mom, I just say, "Oh, that's wonderful, son."

I think their whole trip was exciting with just enough scary thrown in!

Old 09-16-2009, 02:42 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,097,611 times
Thanks, everyone for all of your kind words and for your encouragement .You really are a unique group of women here (and livecontent). Mn2co ; Thanks for the cool emotio-cons (is that how you say that?) , those pictures are adorable.

I am not going to say that I am not nervous about all of this, but it is what I have wanted for so long ~~ to leave New York and move out West.

Coney ~~ That would be a great idea for a new thread & we could probably get it to be another sticky even.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM

200 posts, read 230,218 times
[quote=nancy thereader;10786670]Thanks, everyone for all of your kind words and for your encouragement .You really are a unique group of women here (and livecontent). Mn2co ; Thanks for the cool emotio-cons (is that how you say that?) , those pictures are adorable.

I am not going to say that I am not nervous about all of this, but it is what I have wanted for so long ~~ to leave New York and move out West.

Nancy; It's not the adventure - it is the journey. I know how long and hard you have thought about this move and change in your life. You are courageous and bold. The first step is always the hardest and you have taken it. I am so proud of you!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 PM

494 posts, read 954,297 times
Quick check in, after not having internet service for awhile. I'm on my way back to Yuma, and am staying in Payson, AZ for the night, about 90 miles from Phoenix. I might stay in Phoenix area, and see my sister, and get a good haircut. I'm pretty straggly from being on the road all this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement