U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2010, 06:09 PM

4,407 posts, read 5,929,861 times

Advertisements

Yes, we are really tired of all the snow here in Phila. I'm hoping we get some updates from those who were considering moving, or did move, such as NancytheReader....would love to hear how she likes living in Santa Cruz!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 PM

384 posts, read 877,800 times
We've had spring here in S.E. Alaska ... all winter long. We are loving it!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:07 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,396,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
We've had spring here in S.E. Alaska ... all winter long. We are loving it!
WHAT! Our climate is really screwed up It snows down south and is spring-like in Alaska. Who'd have thunk!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:31 AM

895 posts, read 1,332,280 times
Have to tell someone this - yesterday yesterday yesterday, it was actually in the high 50's here! I got some work done outside/some cleaning up of yard messes while my puppy dawg just stretched his paws to the sky and tanned his tummy. My adoptive kitty who has landed on my back porch and never left did the same. And today, sunny and 65 degrees! i think i can endure anything if i just get some sun and warmth on my body!!! Should invigorate me to get some outdoor packing done!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 8,727 times
I am SO glad I stumbled upon this site/post. I too am single (will be 40 in a couple of weeks) and living in North Carolina. I would NOT recommend this state. My dream, which I'm in the process of researching and organizing in order to bring to fruition is to move to Southern Utah. I cannot purchase a home right now, so I'll have to find rental property. My biggest obstacle, * chuckle * is travelling with my 3 cats, 3 dogs and 2 rabbits **sigh** . I know, it's a crazy dream to tackle but it's my passion.

I too would appreciate any insight, advice, direction, feelings, opinions or otherwise help in making this dream come true. The canyons in Arizona and Southern Utah are truly breathtaking. I spent a week at Best Friends' Animal Sanctuary and absolutely fell in love with the state.

I really look forward to hearing from folks.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:14 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,396,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionForAnimals View Post
I am SO glad I stumbled upon this site/post. I too am single (will be 40 in a couple of weeks) and living in North Carolina. I would NOT recommend this state. My dream, which I'm in the process of researching and organizing in order to bring to fruition is to move to Southern Utah. I cannot purchase a home right now, so I'll have to find rental property. My biggest obstacle, * chuckle * is travelling with my 3 cats, 3 dogs and 2 rabbits **sigh** . I know, it's a crazy dream to tackle but it's my passion.

I too would appreciate any insight, advice, direction, feelings, opinions or otherwise help in making this dream come true. The canyons in Arizona and Southern Utah are truly breathtaking. I spent a week at Best Friends' Animal Sanctuary and absolutely fell in love with the state.

I really look forward to hearing from folks.
Welcome to our thread! It'sbeen quiet here for quite awhile so I'm not sure how mucg action you'll see. Wanted to ask about your trip to Best Friends. I plan to make it there this year - I admire their work so much I'm putting them in my will. Are you looking at settlijng in Kanab? St George? I've looked at St George, but I think my journey will take me to CO.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 PM

4,407 posts, read 5,929,861 times
Yeah, what happened to everyone....this thread was so busy last year, but now it seems everyone's in hibernation, LOL! Welcome anyway, Passion! I've seen the show about the sanctuary, and the area looks truly breathtaking. I did get a chuckle about your blunt opinion of NC! I'd be interested in hearing why you feel that way....not that I'd ever consider NC, but I know many people think it's an ideal retirement destination. Just curious...

Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,609,307 times
Wink Yoohoo........... Wisteria..... Nancy.......

It HAS been too quiet around here lately Wuzzup y'all

Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods, everything is blooming and a wild cougar has been spotted up yonder of my property, not too far from my garden area

My local economy is still in the dumpster so I'm still staying put until things change. Winter has been quite mild with hardly no snow and less rain than needed to avert the dry wildfire season in summer !

Old 03-03-2010, 03:31 PM

7,029 posts, read 6,996,426 times
Default Is Florida Still in Consideration for You?

Hi ConeyIsBabe,

Is Florida still on your radar scan for a possible retirement site? I still think about The Villages now and then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
It HAS been too quiet around here lately Wuzzup y'all

Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods, everything is blooming and a wild cougar has been spotted up yonder of my property, not too far from my garden area

My local economy is still in the dumpster so I'm still staying put until things change. Winter has been quite mild with hardly no snow and less rain than needed to avert the dry wildfire season in summer !

Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,609,307 times
Cool Staywarm......

YES, Florida is still an possible option for relocation (someday) and The Villages "maybe".

For the present, the economy has drastically diminished the market value of my property to an amount I'm not comfortable with if I sold now ~ so I'm staying put and trying to make the best of it ~ and s/Oregon is really quite nice when the weather is not extreme

I often imagine living in s/California, somewhere near the beach and that's another option ~ as is the CA Bay Area. All my options will have to remain possibilities until something happens to initiate a change in my life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement