U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 3,084,450 times
Reputation: 924

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post

This is for HDL - as promised, I went and got that peanut butter ice cream cone at Marianne's Ice Cream Shop in Santa Cruz!!! See, that's me holding the cone!! I always keep my promises!! And this one sure wasn't hard to keep!! I was thinking of you, HDL -- even took the photo to prove it! Come on down and join us someday!! Yum, Yum!!
Torturer! I just arrived at my hotel in Des Moines IA and I'm hungry! Having a fiber bar, an apple, and a cup of hot tea--too late to get something to eat. Had to check and see if the Internet connection works by checking CD Welcome jdinkc, looking forward to hearing more about you.

 
Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 AM
HDL
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,140 posts, read 6,018,119 times
Reputation: 8239
Red face Hmmmm?! I could of SWORN that I asked for....

a DOUBLE SCOOP of PB !!!! Oh well !! Thanks anyways Wisteria !

p.s.
I bet the Boardwalk was packed this weekend !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post


This is for HDL - as promised, I went and got that peanut butter ice cream cone at Marianne's Ice Cream Shop in Santa Cruz!!! See, that's me holding the cone!! I always keep my promises!! And this one sure wasn't hard to keep!! I was thinking of you, HDL -- even took the photo to prove it! Come on down and join us someday!! Yum, Yum!!

Last edited by HDL; 05-19-2008 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: Thanks for the pic!!! It is a lovely reminder of one of my past haunts :-0
 
Old 05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,916 posts, read 6,238,888 times
Reputation: 2626
Quote:
HDL: a DOUBLE SCOOP of PB !!!! Oh well !! Thanks anyways Wisteria !

p.s.
I bet the Boardwalk was packed this weekend !!!
I took the "Junior" cone! I really sacrificed for you ... I am not a "real" ice cream eater! I only have ice cream a few times a year....I don't actually eat dairy -- never did, even as a kid. But...for you I gave in for my thrice yearly ice cream! Hey, it was good! Besides, I have to try to get my girlish figure back, so only one scoop!

The Boardwalk was packed!! Oh, my gosh. My daughter said that when the kids checked in to see their assignments that three other new people were late...very late. One of the kids when he got there said, "I can't believe I'm an hour late -- I live less than a mile from the Boardwalk!" In fact, this weekend was the "official" summer opening with Chinese acrobats and sky diving over the ocean. What a great job this is for my kid -- she thinks working at the Boardwalk is fun! Her first job -- kind of a nice way to remember your first job. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - Millions of Memories at California's Beachfront Amusement Park

The rest of you are welcome to come on down to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (now, if you only knew the song that went with that, you'd be able to sing along! "Come to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, in the warm California sun -- Boardwalk!" ), and join us. This area has been a nice interlude during my travels through life!
 
Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 AM
 
2 posts, read 4,789 times
Reputation: 11
I've ruled out a lot of places, but haven't settled on any one place yet. Riverbird

If you're comfortable doing so, could you list them?
 
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
HDL
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,140 posts, read 6,018,119 times
Reputation: 8239
Thumbs up I LOVE your post and you Wisteria!!!

Thanks again for going to Marianne's for me !!! Now, have I told you how much I used to like Granny Hubbard's BROWNIES in Capitola ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I took the "Junior" cone! I really sacrificed for you ... I am not a "real" ice cream eater! I only have ice cream a few times a year....I don't actually eat dairy -- never did, even as a kid. But...for you I gave in for my thrice yearly ice cream! Hey, it was good! Besides, I have to try to get my girlish figure back, so only one scoop!

The Boardwalk was packed!! Oh, my gosh. My daughter said that when the kids checked in to see their assignments that three other new people were late...very late. One of the kids when he got there said, "I can't believe I'm an hour late -- I live less than a mile from the Boardwalk!" In fact, this weekend was the "official" summer opening with Chinese acrobats and sky diving over the ocean. What a great job this is for my kid -- she thinks working at the Boardwalk is fun! Her first job -- kind of a nice way to remember your first job. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - Millions of Memories at California's Beachfront Amusement Park

The rest of you are welcome to come on down to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (now, if you only knew the song that went with that, you'd be able to sing along! "Come to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, in the warm California sun -- Boardwalk!" ), and join us. This area has been a nice interlude during my travels through life!
 
Old 05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,916 posts, read 6,238,888 times
Reputation: 2626
Quote:
HDL: Thanks again for going to Marianne's for me !!! Now, have I told you how much I used to like Granny Hubbard's BROWNIES in Capitola ??????
Oh, no, I'm not falling for THAT again!! I'll be as big as a house if I keep going to all these food places!! Hahahahaha!

Of course, I might make an exception and go to the Pacific Cookie Company on Pacific Ave. in Santa Cruz........do you like chocolate chip, double-chocolate fudge, peanut butter, or sugar cookies?? Or maybe something else...take a look....now, aren't you missing Santa Cruz???
Best Sellers

You are the temptress, aren't you??
 
Old 05-19-2008, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,916 posts, read 6,238,888 times
Reputation: 2626
P.S. -- Guess we'd better get back on track and keep to the subject of the thread. Sorry, folks....got carried away with HDL's sweet tooth!

Now, where's that list from Riverbend??

Quote:
I've ruled out a lot of places, but haven't settled on any one place yet. Riverbird
Rubirosa: If you're comfortable doing so, could you list them?
 
Old 05-19-2008, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Fresno, CA
1,071 posts, read 1,057,438 times
Reputation: 1980
For you ladies who are thinking about New Mexico, I came across this listing on another site. Looks kinda interesting and not far from Truth or Consequences: Hillsboro, New Mexico Compound with Land For Sale
 
Old 05-19-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,916 posts, read 6,238,888 times
Reputation: 2626
Wow, that looks great! That's just the kind of thing that appeals to me. Creating our own little "town" within town! Thanks for that! Anyone else think it looks good??

Quote:
mollyblythe: For you ladies who are thinking about New Mexico, I came across this listing on another site. Looks kinda interesting and not far from Truth or Consequences: Hillsboro, New Mexico Compound with Land For Sale
 
Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
HDL
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,140 posts, read 6,018,119 times
Reputation: 8239
Talking Hehehehe ;-0

ALL THREADS need commercial breaks and SPONSORS !!! Everyone NOSE a gal needs CHOCOLATE and if one of these places that gets mentioned wants to give you or I a lifetime supply of it , well, who am I to say NO !

Okay, I still need a WEALTHY FINANCIER for my Singles' Community, so let's get BACK on topic Girlfriends !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Oh, no, I'm not falling for THAT again!! I'll be as big as a house if I keep going to all these food places!! Hahahahaha!

Of course, I might make an exception and go to the Pacific Cookie Company on Pacific Ave. in Santa Cruz........do you like chocolate chip, double-chocolate fudge, peanut butter, or sugar cookies?? Or maybe something else...take a look....now, aren't you missing Santa Cruz???
Best Sellers

You are the temptress, aren't you??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
P.S. -- Guess we'd better get back on track and keep to the subject of the thread. Sorry, folks....got carried away with HDL's sweet tooth!

Now, where's that list from Riverbend??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top