U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 AM

16,042 posts, read 18,985,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
F
Sometimes we get so bogged down in feeling like we may make the wrong decision that we end up stagnant. I know for myself, I was begining to feel that way. I finally realized the most important thing is I want to be in a place that has a more tropical climate and surrounded by beaches. Which place was driving me bonkers. I figure, I needed to just make a decision with no regrets. I figure I better just get my buckas on out there while I'm still able to and start enjoying the ocean breeze. I could sit in this place another year just dreaming or live the dream within half that time. It's going to be financially difficult for me to make this move in less than six months, but I'm determined to do it. Whatever I can't take with me when I go, my daughter offered to store and we'll work out shipping only things that I feel would be more costly and stress producing to replace if I have to repurchase them rather than ship.
TRosa, I missed where you are moving to?? The West Coast beaches?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 PM

8,140 posts, read 7,647,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashia View Post
TRosa, I missed where you are moving to?? The West Coast beaches?
Moving to Florida, but just a little while ago , when making some calls and doing more planning, I got a wrench thrown in my plans. . Instead of South Fl, looks like I'm headed to my original destination of Sarasota. PLEEEASSSSSSSSEEEEEE oil stay away for at least a year or so.

Nothing I can't handle, I'm used to adapting to change. But darnit, I really was looking forward to living in South Fl.

PS...... at this rate, if I get another wrench thrown at me I'll get a sleeping bag and live under a bridge in Cali. Then I won't miss out on the big event.

Last edited by TRosa; 07-15-2010 at 01:51 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 02:41 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,609,307 times
Cool TRosa.....

IMHO the Sarasota area is nice ~ I lived over 35 years in s/FL (Miami) and would never consider going back there, but perhaps mid-FL on either coast.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:04 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,985,208 times
Quote:
Moving to Florida, but just a little while ago , when making some calls and doing more planning, I got a wrench thrown in my plans. . Instead of South Fl, looks like I'm headed to my original destination of Sarasota. PLEEEASSSSSSSSEEEEEE oil stay away for at least a year or so.

Nothing I can't handle, I'm used to adapting to change. But darnit, I really was looking forward to living in South Fl.

PS...... at this rate, if I get another wrench thrown at me I'll get a sleeping bag and live under a bridge in Cali. Then I won't miss out on the big event.
I'm glad for your move, but how are you going to handle the summer heat?? Are you one of those lucky ones that weather doesn't touch?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:40 PM

8,140 posts, read 7,647,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashia View Post
I'm glad for your move, but how are you going to handle the summer heat?? Are you one of those lucky ones that weather doesn't touch?
I'll handle the heat by getting in the ocean or a pool.

I've lived in Florida twice before, the heat can be quite daunting, but for me, not enough to keep me from returning to that place.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:51 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,552,001 times
Shhh...I feel I came upon a rough carving on a tree, in the town park, which is enclosed by a heart saying---JUDY LOVES PAUL--and me being Paul. Aw...shucks...I ah, ah, do not know what to say...So, I, well...I think...I got to go to the bathroom...pee...yeh...awh...take a a ah cold shower...well, mmm...yea...I, ah...will think about it...got to go...

Livecontent

Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,954,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Shhh...I feel I came upon a rough carving on a tree, in the town park, which is enclosed by a heart saying---JUDY LOVES PAUL--and me being Paul. Aw...shucks...I ah, ah, do not know what to say...So, I, well...I think...I got to go to the bathroom...pee...yeh...awh...take a a ah cold shower...well, mmm...yea...I, ah...will think about it...got to go...

Livecontent
You are so sweet and have given us so much useful information. Hoping you are having a good summer!!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,054,907 times
Flyingsccot, have you thought about trying up the hill aways near Sacramento? Get up high enough and there are 4 seasons in central CA. lots of snow, too.

A meetup would be fun. dont know what got into Wisteria, but that was a hoot. LC's response made laugh.

Latishia, you sure are picking a nasty hot time to come south. i guess this hot, hot humid summer just reminds me why I want to move west. heard a report that the forclosures won't be done for 3 more years! I probably can't sell my house til that happens. oh well.

Yes, my last year of work was less stressful. It's hard to care about the future of a place I won't be a part of. Not caring was a lot less stress especially when you work in Dilbert-land. I stopped by to say hi to a few people & laughed at how all my predictions came exactly true. So glad I'm not there! Don't miss it a bit.

i'm dog sitting a very nice dog this weekend. I'm supposed to finally be able to get my rolling cabin on Mon. Now, I want a dog. Patience!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 AM

895 posts, read 1,332,280 times
Quote:
I keep running into the same issue when trying to rep you all. Just know I'm taking in and enjoying what you ladies have to say, even if no one wished me a safe trip when I went to Fl . still appreciate having a place to let my thoughts out.

oh no! i thought i did, sweet rosa! (wish you a safe trip - i know i said sumthin! )

i did laugh when you described where you would be going, who you would stay with - we did some similar escapades and i'm still somewhat laughing with a "what was i thinking????????" i've decided that staying with anyone you have been married to in the past provides a great lesson - you remember why you fell in love with them....and then you remember why you love being single.....

Old 07-16-2010, 05:50 AM

895 posts, read 1,332,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post

Livecontent
danger of skimming - i saw the word "tree" and the word "pee" and i thought, "ah, mr bouchez-(my sweet little shih tzu) is now posting on line.
thanks for the laugh -

wisteria, watch it, little hobbit! - the bi-polar patrol will pick you up with that post. I barely escaped wilmington nc after an encounter with a doctor who DID NOT get my sense of humor at all............................he's probably still writing cryptic notes on my file. needless to say, i'll change my name, don a pair of hornrim glasses and a fake mustache before i venture into wilmington in the future
obviously there is a law against being too funny................

oh oh - and my neat house, my beautiful yellow house that held so much potential...well, with my dad so sick it is actually a blessing that i did not get it as i do think i will be in virginia for some time - but still pondering why i didn't get it when i thought i had it - landlord must have been the doctor's brother-in-law - still laughing.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement