U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 PM

895 posts, read 1,330,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Hint - Lives in FL; has two weinerschnizel dogs and loves plants!
plant lover? but of course - i think - oh no, are we all going thru the "change of name"/"change of life"/ change of something?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,240,303 times
Quote:
triciajeanne: plant lover? but of course - i think - oh no, are we all going thru the "change of name"/"change of life"/ change of something?
I think so -- maybe we have just entered the Age of Senility!!

Quote:
Popcorn247: Our route: Louisiana, TX, NM, CO, WY,,,,,,Mt
Now, if New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana don't make your kernels pop, nothing will!!! (Oh, I'm so sorry, but it was bound to come out at some time!! )

Quote:
TRosa: I am getting confused as well and this is on top of my usual confused self.

I've already forgotten who is who; or is it whom is whom or who is whom or, or, or. To think there was a time before my seizures, my grammar or is it grammer, was close to, well um kinda, sorta, perfect. Those days are long gone. Well at least I'm still able to comprehend the language in its various forms. Just speak it very slowwwwwwly and into my good ear.

It's called humor for those that don't know in case some from other threads chance in here.
That WAS funny!!! Oh, sorry (need to turn to your good ear) -- T...hhh...aaa...tt
wwww...aaa...sss
v....ee....rrrr.....yyy
fff....uu.....nnnnnnnnn....yyyy!!!

Gee, I wish my boss was on vacation every week!! I guess I can actually have fun when I don't have a tyrant standing over me every day!!

Tesjae -- Thank G-d you are not changing your name!! And with good reason -- good for you and for the fur memory of your little loved ones.

Wow, it's hard to keep up here! I think we do need a meet-up to have some good hearty laughs together!! I can't wait!!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:06 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,390,876 times
Yes, plantlover changed to a popcorn lover I would love that trip

Old 07-16-2010, 10:21 PM

8,093 posts, read 13,229,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Yes, plantlover changed to a popcorn lover
So PlantLover was just being corny all along ...

Old 07-16-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalara View Post
so plantlover was just being corny all along ...

:d

Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 PM

Oh girls Are we misbehaving and going off topic? Naughty naughty

Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,240,303 times
With all those name changes, we had to have some levity!

But you are right --- back to the topic at hand. Popcorn247 (I'm really glad you explained the 24/7 because I can remember the number that way!), I do hope you have a great trip. I'll be really interested in hearing your reactions to the west again.

My daughter and I traveled through New Mexico a few years ago and it was so peaceful. I did consider moving there (very seriously) but in the end could not afford to after the housing collapse. There is something very enchanting and peaceful about the desert, the warmth, and those clear, starry skies at night. I, too, wish I were going!!

And you get to see the Rocky Mountains!!! Oh, those are my favorites. So beautiful and peaceful. Take lots of photos and post some when you get back!!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 PM

I do hope you all know I was being a smart arse The Rockies are my favorites also - they are so big. And me, afraid of heights. This is why I'm moving there - I will conquer this.

http://bestsmileys.com/music1/9.gif (broken link)"Rocky Mt high~~~~ Colorado~~~~"

I think part of our meet up could include a road trip. Afterall, we'll all be retired and will have nothing but time.

Last edited by Umbria; 07-16-2010 at 11:23 PM..

Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,548 posts, read 39,934,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
... We will take about a week to get to Red Lodge Montana where her family owns a cabin. I will stay ~ a week longer ... Our route: Louisiana, TX, NM, CO, WY,,,,,,Mt
Some suggestions if you have time...

Have a blast, you are a bit early for popcorn season, but I have friends in Colorado who could fill up your semi-truck, or at least your trunk! I'm not sure how well supplied they are towards the end of the season. Farm fresh is always better

some of my favorite spots in Colorado are Independence Pass and Maroon Bells (near Aspen / Snow Mass), but CO was home for 25 yrs, so lots of places I like (lived near Estes Park). Garden of the Gods is great if you are in Colorado Springs.

For Wyoming, I like Encampment / Saratoga(free Hobo Pool) / Snowy Range (west of Laramie).
Vedauwoo (east of Laramie) Vedauwoo - Google Search

all time favorite place is ~ 5 miles west of Wolcott Jct on Hwy 14a between Dayton and Lovell. Powell is my kind of town (the locals bought their failed Mercantile as a Co-op, and it is now doing well). It is fun to hang around country stores in small towns.

While in Red Lodge, DO NOT miss Beartooth Highway into NE Yellowstone. It is rated as #1 scenic Highway in USA. Beartooth Highway
Wyoming
America's Byways®: National Scenic Byways Online

Of course, The Tetons are worth the drive. I like to be there for sunrise, so I often drive at night (Yellowstone traffic drives me nutty, nighttime is a good time to get through the park). I sleep in my car a few hrs (and hope I don't sleep through sunrise!!!). If you get a chance do a float trip from Jackson Lake Dam to Jackson Hole. You get to float under the bridge used in film "Spencer's Mountain" (that'll take you back a few yrs...1963..). Got to see lots of Moose and Elk kiddos last float through there.

Have a super fun time, I love road trips. I will admit TX was a stretch.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:02 AM

Triciaj - Love the new name!!

This is fun - love change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement