U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 11:13 AM

510 posts, read 1,308,971 times

Advertisements

Hate to take up this space, but I can't give a link--they were copied into my notes from various internet sources, for reference. It helped me really understand the concept, so hopefully it will be of use to someone considering the options.

In the early seventies, someone had the brilliant idea that travel trailers could be used as semi-permanent dwellings, if installed in the right trailer park. The concept was to create larger vehicles, which would be towed infrequently, but would incorporate more features of a home, than a camping vehicle.
Today, the park model trailer is typically from 28 to 45 feet in length, often with sliding glass patio doors, extension sections, and residential style appliances. The park model trailer is generally connected to all available utilities, so you can add cable television, telephone, and even washer and dryer if you like. There’s plenty of room, especially if you choose a model with slide-out or tip-out sections, which will increase the width of the bedroom and living room area from about eight feet to almost sixteen feet!
More mobile than a mobile home, and much better equipped for full time living than a conventional travel trailer, the park model is a viable alternative to the country cottage, if you have access to lakefront land, or it can be installed in a trailer park on a seasonal or permanent basis.
Brown's Recreation Center stocks or custom orders Skyline Park Models Aljo or Nomad 3986 & 4085 by Skyline.
This place has the picture of the exact model.
Sacramento Park Model 4085 Dealer. Northern California Park Model 3986 RV Sales
shows layout, pics, and specs! 2007 model was 30,000.

Park Model Homes or Park Model RV
The most distinguishing characteristic of Park Models that differentiates these vehicles from other types of recreational vehicles is that the former are meant specifically for season use and infrequent trips. Park Model trailers and recreational units comprise of single chassis units that are mounted on wheels, and require to be towed by powerful towing vehicles like pickup trucks, mini vans or SUVs. Park Models can be best defined as mobile cottage resorts that provide you luxurious accommodations in your favorite vacation spots. Designed specifically as seasonal residences, Park Models are ideal for small families and retired couples looking for relaxing vacations at favorite holiday spots during different seasons of the year. Once you reach your destination, your Park Model needs to be connected to local facilities available onsite so that you can use all the features the vehicle offers to the fullest. Usually ranging in size from 32 to 41 feet, Park Models are available within a wide range of prices, starting from approximately $30,000. Depending on the size of the Park Model you choose, these vehicles can comfortably accommodate up to 8 individuals. Good quality Park Models comprise of solid structures that comes complete with standard plumbing, electrical and other infrastructure facilities. Although designed primary for part time use, most Park Models are attractive in structure and include amenities such as frost-free refrigerators and electric ranges. Complete with hardwood carpeted floors, cathedral ceilings and bay windows, these mobile living quarters are some of the best vehicles that you can select for a luxurious vacation. Just like other types of recreational vehicles, Park Models are also provided with comfortable sleeping, living, dining, kitchen and bathroom facilities. While the average width rarely exceeds 8 ½ feet, many Park Models are provided with one or two slideouts, which, when expanded, can move out the exterior walls up to 3 ½ feet.
Leading Manufacturers of Park Models
Park Models are increasingly being selected by people belonging to different social groups for the affordability, high comfort levels and lower fuel consumption of these vehicles. In order to cater to the high demand for these recreational vehicles, many of the leading manufacturers of RVs are today including Park Models among their major products. The main manufacturers of Park Models today include Forest River, Stewart Park Homes, Skyline Park Trailers, Breckenridge, Woodland Park and Chariot Eagle. The Park Models available at Forest River are Cabins, Covington, Quailridge and Summit. Cabins and Suites are rustic private units perfect for overnight stay and long weekends. Stewart Park Homes offer you exclusive Park Models and camping cabins belonging to brands like Cozy Cabins and Get-Away Homes. At Skyline Park Trailers, you can choose from a wide range of Park Models belonging under the two major categories of Park Model Homes and Florida Park Models. The Breckenridge LE, Breckenridge SE and Breckenridge 102 are some of the premier Park Models available under this brand. At Woodland Park, you can select from a wide range of Park Models including products like Oak Ridge, 8.5’ Wide Park Models, Timber Ridge, Signature and Log Cabin series. At Chariot Eagle, you can choose Park Models in a variety of floorplan structures, each designed to provide you the best of luxuries.
General Sales Trends of Park Models
With RVing across the country fast becoming one of the most favorite recreations of the general masses, the sale of different types of motor homes, travel trailers and various other recreational vehicles have witnessed a stunning growth over the last few years. The 7.2 million recreational vehicles that populated the American streets in 2001 underwent a +15.4% growth from 2003 to 2004. Today, the $15.75 billion a year recreation vehicle industry is expected to reach new heights in the coming years. With both the retired generation and the younger population opting to go for RVing during weekends and long holidays, it has been estimated that there will be around 9 million RV travelers on the streets of America by the end of the present year. According to research, the number of RV owning households is expected to show a 15% increase, reaching from 9 million to 10.4 million. Among the wide range of recreational vehicles today available, Park Models, because of their lower cost price and fuel economy, are increasingly gaining popularity. Along with using as your personal vacation homes, as you can also rent your Park Model as a seasonal recreational unit, in can prove to be an extra source of income. Suitable also for serving as guest homes, Park Models can earn you attractive extra incomes.
Things to Know when Buying a Park Models
One of the chief reasons contributing to the increasing popularity of Park Models is their affordability compared to various other types of recreational vehicles. As these vehicles provide you mobile residential units, their purchase price is far lesser in comparison to that of on-site holiday homes and condominiums. Moreover, as Park Models themselves are not permitted for independent highway travel, you also save a lot on fuel costs compared to use of other types of recreational vehicles. However, in order to ensure that you get the best deals, it is better to check that all parts of the Park Models’ infrastructure are working properly at the time of purchasing the vehicle. Make sure the water connections and electric networks are functioning smoothly. At the same time as the Park Model will be utilizing a lot of local facilities once you reach your destination, it is best to ensure that all amenities for connecting to local utilities are also properly present. Keep the season you intend to camp out in your mind while selecting your Park Model. If you are planning to go for your holiday tours mostly during winter, make sure the Park Model you select has amenities like heated tanks, double-glazed windows, high BTU furnace and advanced insulation. Depending on your family size and the number of people you intend to travel with, ensure that the Park Model is provided with adequate living and sleeping space.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 PM

3,517 posts, read 12,050,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
ASTROCARTOGRAPHY from Astronumeric:
Astrocartography and Astrology Readings

Hi there! Here is the link to the service I've used over the years. It comes with a world map that shows all the planet lines and where they intersect, along with a book that explains what they are. It is from the company that originated Astrocartography, and they have very personalized service -- I've used them for decades. I haven't ordered one for a few years, but you probably can still choose 3 locations to have specific information for. I still look at my world map to see what's what. Plus, the world map (which you can see a small sample of on the site -- right hand side) shows me what the intersections were when I was in different countries -- it is interesting. Check it out!

If anyone orders a Basic Astrology Report Natal and Progressed Chart in a Single Wheel (under ANS charts and calculations), we could maybe have me look at it and see what's what. That is the best chart to order, in my opinion. It is really good for seeing upcoming events. Anyway, have fun checking it out.
Curiosity got the better of me. Here's a site where you can get this sort of thing for free for those of us who want to play but not pay - the Astro Travel one: Astrology and Horoscope Homepage - Astrodienst

Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 PM

21 posts, read 107,349 times
Default Women Retiring To A New City--where Will You Go

THOUGHT THIS LINK MAY HELP EVERY ONE Retirement Living TV – Television to inspire your freedom years

Old 06-01-2008, 01:10 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,240,768 times
Quote:
Tesaje:
Curiosity got the better of me. Here's a site where you can get this sort of thing for free for those of us who want to play but not pay - the Astro Travel one: Astrology and Horoscope Homepage - Astrodienst
Thanks! I didn't know about that site. I know that the Astrocartography, itself, is copyrighted, so I didn't realize it was being picked up by others. It's a little hard to read on my computer, so I will play around with it, so I can see the cities. This is good to know. I'm glad I have my printed one I got years ago, because I still look at it now and then. New Mexico has a nice Jupiter line in it and not as deeply intersected with Saturn as in Phoenix.

I'll keep browsing. Thank you again!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:21 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
Quote:
anomoly:
Internet descriptions of Park Models

Hate to take up this space, but I can't give a link--they were copied into my notes from various internet sources, for reference. It helped me really understand the concept, so hopefully it will be of use to someone considering the options.
Whoa, that was intense! Thanks for going through all that work! I can see I have much yet to learn about housing options! Wow, thanks!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:04 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,512,788 times
thanks for the link, tesaje. now if i could work out which places would be better for this scorpio . . . .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-01-2008, 06:30 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,085,138 times
Congratulations--that's great news Anomoly!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM

So, Nancy TheReader -- how many days to the retirement countdown now???

You must be very excited!! (And probably very busy!) Congratulations!!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,512,788 times
Thanks for asking, wisteria. Just twelve days left. It's hard to believe.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-13-2008, 05:04 AM

510 posts, read 1,308,971 times
Default Congratulations, Ms. Nancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Thanks for asking, wisteria. Just twelve days left. It's hard to believe.
Nancy, I've been out of the loop, but Congratulations!!
And, refresh my memory,
What are your immediate plans, for celebration, for summer?

And, if I'm not mistaken, you changed up your profile a bit, eh? No more 'NY' looking pic? Is that part of your transition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement