U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,087,668 times

Advertisements

I tried seeing how many reps I had to pass around before I could give reps again to others. So ya all got reps and after 13 I still couldn't give new reps to ones I had already repped. Oh well, it put off doing dishes for a while.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,001,270 times
POPCORN, My friend and her husband just arrived in Lafayette Ind! I cannot wait to hear her impressions!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,959,273 times
I am home today. Doing some work while waiting for my new front door to pass inspection. I do hope your friend like the Lafayette area. Let me know!!

Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 AM

205 posts, read 360,317 times
Welcome TnGrl - have been with this forum for several years now. It was a god-send. I agree with the hot weather - think I have been in FL too long. But it's been hot everywhere this year. Fall and Spring are my favorite times, especially fall. But don't want long, cold, snowy either. What's a girl to do? Any way, just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,380,285 times
I decided to take someone's advice (sorry can't remember who suggested it.. that was 3 gallons of paint ago LOL)... working on "curb appeal" so I can sell the house and move north to Alaska

I started a blog... really more of a journal of where I started 14 months ago and what direction I plan on taking... life does begin right NOW... no time like the present right?...

What's life without great adventure.....

Blogger: User Profile: Naturesdreams

Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,087,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I decided to take someone's advice (sorry can't remember who suggested it.. that was 3 gallons of paint ago LOL)... working on "curb appeal" so I can sell the house and move north to Alaska

I started a blog... really more of a journal of where I started 14 months ago and what direction I plan on taking... life does begin right NOW... no time like the present right?...

What's life without great adventure.....

Blogger: User Profile: Naturesdreams
That's right! I love the adventures I have had since my divorce 16 years ago. If I had stayed married I'd still be in PA and not a potter or a college graduate. I look forward to reading about your changes.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 PM

363 posts, read 427,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Welcome TnGrl - have been with this forum for several years now. It was a god-send. I agree with the hot weather - think I have been in FL too long. But it's been hot everywhere this year. Fall and Spring are my favorite times, especially fall. But don't want long, cold, snowy either. What's a girl to do? Any way, just wanted to say hi and welcome.
Thank you karcon for the warm welcome! I have read this forum for a while now and wanted to jump in and be a part of it, not just a "lurker!" Fall is my favorite time, too. Love the cooler weather coming on. We have a 1/2 acre yard and I mow it (thank God for my riding mower), and always look forward to the rest over the winter. We had rocks for a yard in Arizona....now we have all this grass....well, at least our 2 little dogs have a lot of room to roam around in. But if I ever move, there will be minimal grass, just enough for the dogs.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM

688 posts, read 1,060,989 times
have been "lurking" here awhile; now re-reading a few posts; so thankful for all of your words of wisdom and whimsy...feeling so very lonely after moving for the fifth time in 4 years to 3 different states for work..missing my children and friends and a simpler, less EXPENSIVE life...wondering sometimes if I should just go back home..but knowing that it will never be the same...I just remember my brother saying, after my first move away from my home of 20 years..."never look back"... but moving and work has enabled me to pay for my daughters college education without sucking on the teat of my 401K...but I miss the stars and the wind and lying in the grass

Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 AM

3,746 posts, read 4,224,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marska View Post
have been "lurking" here awhile; now re-reading a few posts; so thankful for all of your words of wisdom and whimsy...feeling so very lonely after moving for the fifth time in 4 years to 3 different states for work..missing my children and friends and a simpler, less EXPENSIVE life...wondering sometimes if I should just go back home..but knowing that it will never be the same...I just remember my brother saying, after my first move away from my home of 20 years..."never look back"... but moving and work has enabled me to pay for my daughters college education without sucking on the teat of my 401K...but I miss the stars and the wind and lying in the grass
Welcome. I glanced over some of your prior posts and saw you are currently in Gaithersburg MD. Aaarggh! I'm not surprised you are homesick. I HATE the D.C. Area, particularly Montgomery County and N. VA. I spent 28 years in a small town in Frederick County and moved out a few years after the D.C. folks moved in. My daughter managed to live a whole 2 years in N. VA before bailing out. I only visited her 1 time while she was there. Did I say I HATE the D.C. Metro area? I currently have a contract that requires my presence in Rockville every few months and I find myself dreading the trip.

I spent the last few days visiting my daughter in WV. I drove through my former stomping grounds in western Frederick County, fighting off the acute sense of loss. Even though I was born and raised in the Baltimore area, I miss the mountains and the country folk.

All of this is to say I feel really bad for you and I hope your stay in the D.C. area is a short one.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,001,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I spent the last few days visiting my daughter in WV. I drove through my former stomping grounds in western Frederick County, fighting off the acute sense of loss. Even though I was born and raised in the Baltimore area, I miss the mountains and the country folk.
There are mountains in Frederick County?? Or do you mean mountains in WV?

If I may ask, what is WV like? It seems to be a state that doesn't get much attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement