U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 02:18 PM

226 posts, read 191,116 times

Advertisements

Bullie62, Sure is good to hear from you! I haven't seen posts by you in quite a while. Congratulations on selling your house. Have you decided where your future abode will be?

Old 07-11-2014, 07:50 PM

21,697 posts, read 23,676,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullie62 View Post
I'm in the same boat, here in the Chicagoland area. Sold my house in the city, and am staying with friends while my filing for SSDI continues..... probably another YEAR, I'm told.... so I have to rely on my friends and TRY to find a cheap apt. to make it through.

After THAT, I'm OUTTA here. IL has taxed us po folk to the point we CAN'T stay near our friends and family. It's sickening.

bullie~
Bullie, I hear ya. That's why I had to move from Portland. There was no way I could afford to stay there any longer. No family but I do miss my friends and all things familiar that were there. Still I am happy in Cleveland as each day I find new things to be happy about especially the idea that I don't have to worry about spending every penny on new taxes, city fees, rent and utility increases that I had to face living in Portland.

To show my gratitude to my new city I have shared my good karma by sending out positive thoughts into the Universe to bring the RNC for 2016 to Cleveland and the return of LBron James to the Cavs.

Hang in there, you will find your spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Minerva, so glad you checked in and let us know how things are going. Good to hear that you feel it has been worth it, that's the important thing. And having the Cleveland Clinic close by has to be a big plus.
I appreciate your honesty in sharing the good parts and the harder parts too...as you said, there are always both, especially in a move of this magnitude. Wishing you all the best in this adventure and I hope you will enjoy exploring your new neighborhood. Please keep us posted! Any thoughts of getting a new kitty?
I am thinking about a new kitty. I wanted to be completely settled in and I am just about. I think in a month or two I might just begin a kitty search.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:50 PM

16,362 posts, read 10,348,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

I am thinking about a new kitty. I wanted to be completely settled in and I am just about. I think in a month or two I might just begin a kitty search.
might I suggest Sheba?

Sheba update...

I'm not involved at all. Just thought if you only want one kitty....

Old 07-21-2014, 11:29 PM

Did I kill the thread?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:04 AM

6,128 posts, read 9,088,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Did I kill the thread?

NO ! No one can kill this thread. But maybe you might have DM'd the person instead.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:57 PM

oops-you're right.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:23 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,063,489 times
With LeBron and Johnny Football both in Cleveland, the place has to be getting excited.

They will bring alot of money into the city and that's a good thing.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:52 PM

21,697 posts, read 23,676,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
With LeBron and Johnny Football both in Cleveland, the place has to be getting excited.

They will bring a lot of money into the city and that's a good thing.
A very good thing. As long as it doesn't become trendy with all the little lemmings flocking here because Social Media and a New York TV writer tells touts it as the "cool" place to be, I am happy to see some successful things happening in my new city.

Although we are getting the RNC in 2016. That should keep the hipsters and yuppies away but it will bring some nice revenue into Cleveland.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 AM

437 posts, read 556,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
Bullie62, Sure is good to hear from you! I haven't seen posts by you in quite a while. Congratulations on selling your house. Have you decided where your future abode will be?
Hello Xenah! No, I am still wandering, in my mind. The Carolinas are looking good, so far, as well as some colder climate locations, because I am learning from this experience, of being "homeless with a roof", that I need to be around a city that's engaging and welcoming. My fear is the small towns won't be so open to a newbie walking in, wanting to make new friends.

As much as I abhor the Winter and that four letter word, "SNOW", I may have to endure it, to get the friendliness I am seeking.

I hope you and all the rest I've connected with here, are well!! TY for reaching out!

bullie~

Old 07-25-2014, 01:15 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,063,489 times
I agree...small towns are hard to break into, especially if single. I've come to the same conclusion that the right size city is preferable (but not too large for me). 7 more working days for me until I retire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement