Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 02:27 AM

109 posts, read 90,740 times

Advertisements

Ok, I still haven't caught up on reading this thread. Thought I would post anyway. What happened to Wisteria, and Anomoly, and others?

Here in Oklahoma we had a record heat wave, but finally got relief the last two nights with some storms. I'm afraid the obessive heat killed some of our new trees we planted this spring. Even with all the watering we did the heat was just too much for them.

9 years, 4 months, and 20 days till I live the dream.

Have a good day all, and let's get this thread back up and running. I feel like I know each and everyone of you. Good information and strangers who genuinely care about each other. I thought that was gone in this country, glad it is making a come back.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 AM

915 posts, read 1,620,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
Ok, I still haven't caught up on reading this thread. Thought I would post anyway. What happened to Wisteria, and Anomoly, and others?

Here in Oklahoma we had a record heat wave, but finally got relief the last two nights with some storms. I'm afraid the obessive heat killed some of our new trees we planted this spring. Even with all the watering we did the heat was just too much for them.

9 years, 4 months, and 20 days till I live the dream.

Have a good day all, and let's get this thread back up and running. I feel like I know each and everyone of you. Good information and strangers who genuinely care about each other. I thought that was gone in this country, glad it is making a come back.

i feel like i should say "welcome to Mo's" - sorry, ate there recently and they do sound sincere when you walk in the door.
but seriously welcome dream2020. I don't want to spoil the movie by telling you where Wisteria, Anomoly and others are......in some cases, we are all waiting for them to check back in. I think this is like One Life to Live and several of us have amnesia and will walk back on the set, confused about who we are related to......

Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,039,291 times
Default StealthRabbit ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Same issues here (300 miles north)

I take several 'sun break' trips. I prefer CA as it is close (don't waste a day getting there via plane) and CHEAP. $39 to SMF. You have some great fares out of Medford on Allegant(?).

I also do CO, AZ, and NM for winter sun

I get a rental car for $10 / day and stay in private guest homes ($10/day including a meal... evergreenclub or equivalent).

One yr I based my small motorhome (van) in SW USA and flew back and forth to visit the many deserts / wildflower places. Very cheap rates from LV, PHX, El Paso ... (Cheaper to travel than to stay home since my property taxes are so high....) but I don't have to board my dog. neighbors can check in on him every few days. He is not leashed or penned up... Someone has to watch the house, and this is how he earns his keep.
THANK YOU for this very interesting information. I had never heard of the Evergreenclub Gives me food-for-thought

Old 08-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Ok, I am caught up now.

I'm confused. Where is Wistera? What happened there?

Ok, I love this thread and it is so interesting, and the ideas and has given me a lot of food for thought on retirement, and all the pros and cons involved.

I feel has if I've been on a wonderful journey these past few weeks reading this thread, and I will continue to keep up with it.

I want to say thank you, for the laughs and the tears I've shed with you all.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:29 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,039,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
Ok, I am caught up now.

I'm confused. Where is Wistera? What happened there?

Ok, I love this thread and it is so interesting, and the ideas and has given me a lot of food for thought on retirement, and all the pros and cons involved.

I feel has if I've been on a wonderful journey these past few weeks reading this thread, and I will continue to keep up with it.

I want to say thank you, for the laughs and the tears I've shed with you all.
If you click on a person's name (Wisteria) you will have the option to read all their posts, and then see what she said during the last time she posted

Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,976,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
Just had to make a comment about the one thing we ALL seem to agree on..
NO ONE wants ARIZONA!!...
I knew it wasn't just me! Not sure what your experiences are, but mine was life shattering. Glad we're in agreement on that one.
Oh, my gosh. I was just going to read all 460 pages of this thread and not comment, but I *am* in Arizona and could not agree more.

And my experience has been life shattering at it's now 2011. My hopes (and plan) would be to have my house on the market in Jan of 2012 and move on. It's interesting that Las Cruces has come up so much in the first 17 or so pages, as that thought had crossed my mind too. Well, I'll just go back to page 17 and keep reading, but I had to comment on Arizona.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
If you click on a person's name (Wisteria) you will have the option to read all their posts, and then see what she said during the last time she posted

I've already done that, and she hasn't posted since 12/10. I thought maybe since Nancy thereader lived in the same place as Wisteria, she could shed some light on the subject.

It's ok, it is what it is.

Just was curious what every one had decided to do , and where they are.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:54 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,385,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly
Just had to make a comment about the one thing we ALL seem to agree on..
NO ONE wants ARIZONA!!...
I knew it wasn't just me! Not sure what your experiences are, but mine was life shattering. Glad we're in agreement on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, my gosh. I was just going to read all 460 pages of this thread and not comment, but I *am* in Arizona and could not agree more.

And my experience has been life shattering at it's now 2011. My hopes (and plan) would be to have my house on the market in Jan of 2012 and move on. It's interesting that Las Cruces has come up so much in the first 17 or so pages, as that thought had crossed my mind too. Well, I'll just go back to page 17 and keep reading, but I had to comment on Arizona.
Keep reading.

There's at least one who plans on ending up in AZ. Me - I'll be somewhere around Show Low

Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,868,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Keep reading.

There's at least one who plans on ending up in AZ. Me - I'll be somewhere around Show Low
And I'll be here to greet you!!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:53 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,993,901 times
Oh ladies~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just have to share this with you: My ex husband stopped by tonight - totally unexpected. He's here from Cleveland (he moved back 5 years ago when his brother was ill). We had such a great talk and it's like we were when we first met - then we did the really dumb thing and got married What a strange relationship we have. Now we are good friends like we use to be. He may be moving to Denver next year too - it would be nice to have someone to count on. We still have the same last name so we can say we are brother & sister

OK - carry on~~~~~~~~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement