Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 AM

129 posts, read 555,500 times

Advertisements

Clever post . how did you do that. how do you put a video on your post

Old 05-23-2009, 11:47 PM

384 posts, read 990,193 times
anomoly - re your question about a vacation home. I've long been a believer in doing things jointly that will help make life more enjoyable and affordable. have tried to get people to join in on a "group or fractional ownership" home. For the most part people say "great idea" but when it comes down to it they don't want to do it. One group asked me to join them in a joint property north of San Francisco - but it sort of fizzeled out due to different choices and changes in people's lives. And now I've moved on to the six month RV option - so .. I won't have cash available for other options.

Speaking of RV's - need to go check my messages . I've been all over these RV sites - I had no idea how bigggggg of a community it is!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:22 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
anomoly - re your question about a vacation home. I've long been a believer in doing things jointly that will help make life more enjoyable and affordable. have tried to get people to join in on a "group or fractional ownership" home.
This is what I have found too only on a much smaller scale. Someone I know from the ceramic studio (John) has been collecting names of people who say they would like to get together for a potluck/game night so I volunteered my house last night. We must have invited anywhere from 20-40 people between the two of us. There were five of us here--two from the studio. Only one rsvp'd to say she couldn't come but was interested. How interested are they if they couldn't call and say they could not make it but make sure to invite them the next time? As John said, this will be a process to figure out who really is interested.

Anomoly I thought it was a good idea but I don't have any extra money and until I retire (if I ever retire) I don't have enough vacation days off of work to really use something like that. Those days get used up visiting kids/family/friends. Not enough vacation days!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,651 times
Random question: How many women here have been divorced, widowed, never married? How many have kids?
For the record, I've never been married or had kids. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:30 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
I've never been married or had kids.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:43 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
Random question: How many women here have been divorced, widowed, never married? How many have kids?
For the record, I've never been married or had kids. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.
I was married 21 years, divorced a long time ago, have 3 kids, 3 grandkids.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Silver City soon! I made reservations for Bottomless State Park next Friday night after visiting the Roswell area during the day. Saturday I have reservations for a ranger guided tour of Carlsbad Caverns. From there we'll be winging it, hoping to spend Saturday night in the Lincoln National Forest and visit White Sands on Sunday and then head over to Silver City. I think I'll skip Las Cruces since I've been there and I'm hoping in the future to take the Amtrak down to visit Wisteria I want to spend more time in the Silver City area since I haven't been there. Not enough time!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
Married/divorced once (probably learned my lesson with that one!). No kids except for the fur kids.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:43 AM

73 posts, read 299,607 times
happily divorced; no human kids (just furry ones: dogs and cats)

Old 05-24-2009, 09:47 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
Oh yes, I have two fur kids (dachshunds).

Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,651 times
Question already stressin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
I was married 21 years, divorced a long time ago, have 3 kids, 3 grandkids.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Silver City soon! I made reservations for Bottomless State Park next Friday night after visiting the Roswell area during the day. Saturday I have reservations for a ranger guided tour of Carlsbad Caverns. From there we'll be winging it, hoping to spend Saturday night in the Lincoln National Forest and visit White Sands on Sunday and then head over to Silver City. I think I'll skip Las Cruces since I've been there and I'm hoping in the future to take the Amtrak down to visit Wisteria I want to spend more time in the Silver City area since I haven't been there. Not enough time!
I'm trying to plan for May 30th, wow, that's next Saturday , but I don't know if I can do it. I'm just terrible at planning, packing, and leaving for a trip. You wouldn't think so, in my RV, but that's very different because you just take EVERYTHING you own when you move from spot to spot. But leaving things behind is where I fall apart. "Did I get all I needed? Did I leave unfinished business?" It's like I need to be pushed out the door, so that's what I'm doing in order to meet up with you. But, I've failed at this many times, so if I can't get there on time, I hope you'll understand. I'll have to leave really early (which is why I'm practicing) because I don't have AC in my car. The cats often hold me up--hiding out till the worst possible time to leave. Perhaps I should put harnesses on them the day before.

I can't wait to leave, and I'll be so happy once I'm on the road.... but between here and there lies the Grand Canyon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.