Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times

Advertisements

I know I've had a friend like that - unfortunately, they lurk in my family as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Hi Folks,

I need real positive vibes to be sent this way -- visualizing a happy buyer of my home and getting my list price. It is super scary. No one is buying! Well, I shouldn't say that, but not at my price.

I had 3 lookers -- that's it -- and that's including the Open House. No one wants to come up only 6 miles from the beach to up here. People are so spoiled (and wealthy) here, that it's a downgrade to live in the mountains.

Unfortunately, many people up here are now selling -- this month alone, I saw 4 new listings just on my street. But the catch is, that most of them bought decades ago, so they have tons of equity and CAN price really super low and still make money....me, I can't -- I owe the ENTIRE mortgage.

So, if I don't sell, I have to get a roommate to help out (hopefully they would be helpful and not hurtful), and secondly, I may lose everything in this house -- the one I never even chose....I'm not sure how many of you know how I got this house, but it wasn't by my means....long, ugly story. Pretty house, ugly story.

Any prayers, thoughts, vibes, whatever visualizing a happy buyer at my list price would be appreciated. Otherwise, I fear that I will die here.

Secondly, more bad news. My boss is considering abolishing my position!!!!!!!!!! I am freaked! He is very different than the last chief I worked with, and he feels he does a lot on his own (he's very computer literate), and he likes to maintain control over his own things....he just told me Friday. I have no idea what will happen -- if they will give me different duties, or just fire me. I am so distressed. THEN I will be truly destitute.

I truly need some good thoughts coming my way. If you could take five minutes to just focus on the photos of my house 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
and see a happy person or family living there and sealing the deal with the list price, that would be terrific.

I haven't been on C-D much because I'm constantly cleaning the house, moving things around, taking the dog with me, doing dump runs, clearing out things, and worrying.....

Not to mention that my daughter moved to Sacramento and I don't see her anymore....in addition to that, her boyfriend does not like me.....I don't know how much that has to do with him being traditional Chinese, but he can be very caustic, and although he's supposedly wonderful to my daughter (so she says), it breaks my heart that I never see nor hear from her anymore. I truly have an empty nest.

It is all one big mess right now. I cannot tell you how much work I have done around that property. My legs and back and wrists hurt so much that I can barely walk or even type. I'm in constant pain -- I do take Ibuprofen, but still, it hurts.

I also buried St. Joseph in front of the house.....I don't think he likes being upside down in the dirt!

That's the latest. Thanks!
Wisteria

Old 06-01-2009, 10:03 AM

205 posts, read 397,189 times
March 31, 1991-June 1, 2009 - Koviack is now at peace! Such a good, sweet boy. He's now free, whole and happy and gave me and my family such wonderful memories. Thank you all so much for your support and understanding.
Attached Thumbnails
Men and Women retiring alone to a new city/state -- where will you go and why?-_dsc0021_0239.jpg  

Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Oh, what a sweet cat! I'm so sorry. I know too well how that feels. At least he had a happy, loving life with you. You were blessed to have had him for so long -- he looks so sweet. Rest in peace, sweet Koviack.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,003 times
Cool Wisteria...

It's time to get "creative" in marketing your property! I'm no expert in selling real estate but I've heard of alternative methods of selling property..... like an auction Perhaps list it on Craig's List Perhaps your own ad in a national newspaper with the heading "Mountain Retreat" (you get the idea)

Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Wisteria - sending you good vibes on all 3 counts.

Hey, they say bad news comes in 3's, so maybe your done with bad and the good is right around the corner? Coney has a point. Look at how it is being marketed and how broadly. 1 weekend doesn't necessarily mean anything and all you need is that one buyer.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Default Lots of positive vibes........

Wisteria - Don't give up - you just put your house up for sale so patience is important - to help alleviate stress, if nothing else. I'd be surprised if it did sell this fast.

Your daughter - how sad for you. I have friends that have described the empty nest feeling and how hard it is to overcome and that is without all the extra complications that you are experiencing. Keep an eye on your daughter - just in case. He doesn't like you? Tough for him. Maybe we should all show up in Sacramento to show him what he will deal with if he doesn't shape up! Maybe we can find her a new beau - trust me, a bad in-law is the worst. Maybe we can kidnap her - there's room here for her too.

Your house looks great - the photographer did a good job. A housemate might be a good solution - it could be a while before you start getting offers and even then, buyers are going to try to get the lowest possible price. Get yourself in a position, with a housemate, where you aren't in constant stress. Save as much as possible from the rental income - the strength knowing you have that will ease all other challenges that come up - it will give you more negotiating power as well. You've got too much coming at you all at the same time.

The job You really need to have a heart to heart with your boss. Explain your situation - you need that job - at least for now.

Cheer-up. Lots of positives vibes are coming your way - and a few prayers as well - it can't hurt.

Remember - there's always MN for you and your pets if needed.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM

karcon - You did the right thing. He is a sweetie - remember Rainbow Bridge - very happy place!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
It's time to get "creative" in marketing your property! I'm no expert in selling real estate but I've heard of alternative methods of selling property..... like an auction Perhaps list it on Craig's List Perhaps your own ad in a national newspaper with the heading "Mountain Retreat" (you get the idea)
I agree, as I looked at the pics with good vibes bestowed, I thought about how cool your place was when I stayed there, and how it really does have so much potential as a "mountain retreat".
Wisteria, you are so creative and extremely talented. I always feel like I want to 'hook on' to what you're doing, and expand the classes, and subject matter. Someone could give daily classes there, in yoga, art, drawing from the right side of the brain, motivational seminars, church gatherings, etc. It could be rented out simply as a vacation house by the week or month. Who doesn't want to go to Santa Cruz for the summer??
No, you won't really get the beach crowd, but you don't need it. It could easily pay for the monthly payment on the house, IMO.
I personally would love to transform the home into a 'center' for wellness.

Oh, and as I've offered before, you can pretty much count on me as a roommate. I don't move to my new park till October, and my summer plans are incredibly flexible, so let me know if this would help. Also, I only have a $100 deposit on the park, so not much to lose if I decided to put my trailer in storage with my motorhome (lucky me)!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:38 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,198,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
This is a good idea. There must be websites where you can list a property nationally. Your garden is really a selling point. I only know about greenhomesforsale.com where I plan to list mine when I'm ready to sell, but I'm not sure if that applies to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement