Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 06:03 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times

Advertisements

PLANTLOVER????

I'll never keep these changes straight. Popcorn, Plantlover -- both begin with "P," -- maybe I have to create a system to remember.

MN2CO - Umbria -- nope, no connection -- one has bad winters, one doesn't but I can't connect it with the names....hmmmm

Latashia, Newenglandgirl....again, can't see the connection (I know the reason, only because I happened to be on soon after she changed it, otherwise, I'd be lost!).

Oh, dear. Okay, who's next??? I like my name, so I'll keep it. My stalkers know my posts, anyway, so it wouldn't do any good to change, regardless -- ha ha!

Oh, boy, well, looks like I need to check in every day, if possible, just to make sure everyone is here -- or if they've moved onto new names!

I hope I was right?? Plantlover = Popcorn247?? Why 247? Numbers on names always make me wonder why people choose them.

I'll keep checking in. Maybe that's what happened to some of the others -- they changed their names and identities.....you never know.....

Old 07-16-2010, 06:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
I am getting confused as well and this is on top of my usual confused self.

I've already forgotten who is who; or is it whom is whom or who is whom or, or, or. To think there was a time before my seizures, my grammar or is it grammer, was close to, well um kinda, sorta, perfect. Those days are long gone. Well at least I'm still able to comprehend the language in its various forms. Just speak it very slowwwwwwly and into my good ear.

It's called humor for those that don't know in case some from other threads chance in here.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
PLANTLOVER????

I'll never keep these changes straight. Popcorn, Plantlover -- both begin with "P," -- maybe I have to create a system to remember.

I hope I was right?? Plantlover = Popcorn247?? Why 247? Numbers on names always make me wonder why people choose them.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:20 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
I am sorry, I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to explain. I guess it is safe to discuss name changes in this thread... Ya have to be careful what you say in some places - you'll get slapped if you dare change the subject. I decided to change my name to popcorn247 because I love popcorn and could eat it 24/7. I was plantlover and will place this under my name for a while. I am leaving a week from tomorrow with a friend (female) who is driving to Montana. I will certainly be scanning the areas we go through for possible second visits for a possible retirement destination. I am tired of the heat, humidity and the other 'h' word (shhhhhh, don't say it!). We will take about a week to get to Red Lodge Montana where her family owns a cabin. I will stay ~ a week longer then fly back to Miami. She spends the month of August in Red Lodge. Last year she took the northern route (Iowa, SD, etc.) with one of our other co-workers. We all work at the same place. Hopefully all will go just fine. She takes her two big labradors, as well. Our route: Louisiana, TX, NM, CO, WY,,,,,,Mt

Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 PM

Popcorn - Sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy - who takes care of your little cuties?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:39 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
well, I'm keeping my name if for no other reason than as tribute to now deceased fur babies.

Pop, have a great trip. Be forewarned, that lengthwise trek across TX seems like it will never end. lotta miles!

And Trosa, glad you had a great trip.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
well, I'm keeping my name if for no other reason than as tribute to now deceased fur babies.

Explain, please

Old 07-16-2010, 06:45 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Explain, please
It's an amalgaman of the names of 2 dogs and my elderly cat who just died. So, I'll keep it.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
My two pups will be in prison for the duration of my trip..... Actually I am boarding them at their vet's office. I feel that this is the best for them and my peace of mind. Thanks for the good wishes. I've never visited TX or NM and the last time I was in WY and MT was in 1959!!! I fell in love with the west at the ripe age of 8! I made a vow then that I would return and I might just stay there... We shall see.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:29 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post

Pop, have a great trip. Be forewarned, that lengthwise trek across TX seems like it will never end. lotta miles!

And Trosa, glad you had a great trip.

Thank you Tesaje

Popcorn247, when you leave for your trip, if I forget, I hope you have oodles of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement