Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:06 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,059 times

Advertisements

Having been in the business and seen incredible rip offs all I can say is 'there is no fool like an old fool' but hey, go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:19 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
Can you send me his playbook, so I can take notes? I've met a few guys that were married to women 20-25 years younger than them and it seems to work. One big thing in my book, if they're anywhere approaching my age they either have so many other priorities in life, or so much baggage that it just becomes an impossible situation. I think a younger woman by virtue of just representing a different outlook on life, can keep a guy from aging too quickly. Your post is inspiring!!!!
Just remember it is you and not your age that will probably be the magic formula. Your OP said rock the world of a 60 plus year old and not your world. Just remember will your out look on life help her with hers? It is the maturity that you offer and a perspective that is not competitive or threatening. Perhaps it will be your appreciation of her energy and youthfullness that will give you the edge over guys your age. I mean heck you will probably be more gratefull and appreciative just when she scratches your neck.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:05 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
I suppose a 35 year old is out of the question then! How does Hugh Heffner manage it then? It can't be all about the money, won't being charming, urbane and witty get the job done? On second thought, if Diane Lane called me, I'd be available. I can even find Tuscany on a map.
The Playboy mansion, the Playboy jet and Heffner's automobiles perhaps?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:10 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The Playboy mansion, the Playboy jet and Heffner's automobiles perhaps?
And the publicity and opportunities to mingle with celebrities.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile As long as you can...

rock HER world, you'll be OK.

I'm sure by your attitude you don't look or act 60.

Celebs are helping that in a way. Sharon Osbourne was talking about 60 being the new 50; wish she had said the new 40, but oh, well..... - look at Christie Brinkley, Suzanne Somers, etc.

When I see couples more than 20 years apart in age, I think - what must they have in common?

However, I have a friend who married someone 16 years older when she was 21. Turns out she was an old soul and they now have been married 30 plus years so who knew? Seem happy.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Not sure how many 40 year olds you'll meet on this forum, but if you want a 60-something hottie I hear some of those gals on the "Single Women Retiring" forum are pretty cute.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM

483 posts, read 665,661 times
Quote:
Would I be politically correct if I openly stated the notion that I'd like some young hottie (40+) to rock my world?
You may not be politically correct, but you're certainly not senile, either. Go for it...assuming you can keep up with her or you have an unlimited supply of a certain (ahem) medication available to you.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:04 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
Quote:
Can you send me his playbook, so I can take notes? I've met a few guys that were married to women 20-25 years younger than them and it seems to work. One big thing in my book, if they're anywhere approaching my age they either have so many other priorities in life, or so much baggage that it just becomes an impossible situation. I think a younger woman by virtue of just representing a different outlook on life, can keep a guy from aging too quickly. Your post is inspiring!!!!
I do not think the OP said anything about marrying her.

He might have been talking about renting her from time to time.

There is no romance, without the finance......LOL

Old 09-15-2012, 09:49 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
I think you're silly. But what the hell. Have fun. That's a big part of what life should be about. As for me, think I'll just stick with the old woman (only two years younger than me) that I have.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
Age can be funny.

You are 32..she is 12. Illegal and immoral.
You are 42..she is 22. She might have some issues, but it could work.
You are 52..she is 32. This can work.
You are 62..she is 42. This can work.
You are 72..she is 52. She might have some issues, but it could work.
You are 82..she is 62. You forget her name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement