Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Kind of like hubby's hearing loss . . . "I didn't hear you; I must not have had my hearing aids in."
Exactly. Who says only youngsters get to have selective memory, to which we can add hearing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Exactly. Who says only youngsters get to have selective memory, to which we can add hearing?
Hee hee--gonna start referring to hubby's "selective hearing"

Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
I think this is still on topic, if not I apologize....

I was watching the movie Goodfellas tonight and it brought back a huge flood of memories from growing up in NYC, the 60's when cars could be told apart with a quick glance, women's hairstyles and the way they dressed, hardly anyone wore today's uniform of jeans, tee shirt and shaved head... Songs didn't all sound the same, actual butcher and candy stores, police got respect rather than scorn, sports were sports not businesses.....

Things were so much simpler then and the only thing we had to worry about was the Russians dropping the bomb...

Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Let's see . . . in the last 24 hours . . . I have misplaced my glasses at least 3 times . . . hubby couldn't find his keys . . . I couldn't remember where I parked the car . . . and I lost the sticky note I made to remind me of the things I needed to accomplish this week . . .

I also found a set of sheets in the oddest place (packed with winter clothes) . . . and am still puzzling over where the curtains are which I was sure I packed in that box at the back of the closet . . .
Ha ha! You just made me feel so much better

Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Last week I couldn't figure out why the cat was sitting at my feet just staring at me like she wanted something. I kept thinking, "H'm, I just gave her water, fed her, brushed her, pet her, changed her litter box, fluffed up her little fleece mat where she liked to sleep what more did she want?"

I figured she was just being a silly cat. But she just stared and stared. Finally she sighed, walked away and curled up on my bed and went to sleep. About an hour later I went into the kitchen get a glass of water. Then I saw what was going on. Did I feel bad! I hadn't forgotten to fill her food dish but I had forgotten to put it down on the floor where she could get at it. Being a Senior kitty her days of jumping on counters are long gone and being a good kitty she knew she wasn't supposed to so she tried to tell me I hadn't put her food where she could get it.

I spent the rest of the day apologizing to her.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Bad bad person () - poor kitty - bet she was thinking "What is wrong with you"

Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,548,139 times
I have a theory and it makes sense to me. The older we get the more we have in our heads - Memories etc - so it takes longer to pull out the one we want, whereas, younger folks have much less in there. lol

Old 09-19-2012, 02:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I have a theory and it makes sense to me. The older we get the more we have in our heads - Memories etc - so it takes longer to pull out the one we want, whereas, younger folks have much less in there. lol
Or we've retained less in there with more space to go between them so it takes us longer to get things connected.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM

2,863 posts, read 1,808,197 times
Thank you for sharing! Was sent a Forward, something to effect of forgetting about friends and when we meet
them again they are new friends ! So I wrote my friend/new friend we would always be friends. (Does that make sense ? !)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement