U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Generating supplemental income from hobby, retirement fixed income, woodworker photographer, cottage industry shop, rental income, tax write-offs, international procurement, financial problems

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,173,731 times

Advertisements

I have no special talents...translating, maybe, I'm quite good in German, but I'm not the only one on the market....painting & decorating : I managed to do it home, it was not too bad, but I am not an expert, I would be much too slow if I were to do it as a "trade"...maybe I could use my driving license to get hired somewhere as a part-time valet....or night-watchman, but you need zero talent for that...or mown lawns like a teen looking for some pocket money...quite humitiating I think for an older person... I'm already running out of ideas...I think I'd rather stick to my job the longest time possible, I'm into hardware delivery , government contract, not bad....(but you've got to have muscles)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM

65 posts, read 310,487 times
Hubby starts young horses for lots of our local horsefolk and may do that in TN (I assist as needed). Hubby has become very proficient in custom knife making and the orders have grown rapidly. Planning on a website soon! These trades will help us supplement our savings and retire early (mid 50's).

Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM

72 posts, read 176,324 times
I'm trying to generate income from my activiities while retired. Haven't been sucessful yet, but I've had a good time trying. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,469,451 times
I used to be able to make darn near anything from metal and fix any pre compurter machine that needed it. I figure I'll find something.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM

26,595 posts, read 52,423,706 times
My hobby, collecting antique cars pays for itself which I see as a win/win...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or