Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I went to the nude beach in St Barts and at first was hesitant to completely disrobe, but , when in Rome~~~~

Everyone tries to keep their eyes up but I constantly caught people taking a little peak behind those sun glasses. I was much younger - late 20s - but most people there were older 50+.

It just felt odd - like, what were we all trying to prove? Imagine all the perverts that hang out at these places. Ew
I think if you are truly comfortable being nude, then the reaction of others doesn't matter. The place we frequent has signs up as you enter the beach, but that doesn't stop tourists from strolling the water line and taking glances out of the corner of their eyes. Sometimes they have kids along. It truly doesn't bother me, and I'm not an exhibitionist. I figure the onus is on them. I have seen security personnel stop anybody with a camera or cell phone, and that's enough to let me relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
LOL. The funny thing about my client telling me about his experiences is that I was asking him all these questions. He said the one he went to, clothes were forbidden completely. He said they even went to go eat dinner and everyone would be naked....

That would be a strange feeling to be sitting there with dinner tables and everyone nude....
You feel like a real oddball if you keep your swimsuit on.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,381,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
You feel like a real oddball if you keep your swimsuit on.
LOL. Yes, that's exactly what he said! He said actually after the 4th day or so it actually felt ok. Me personally, I wouldn't be into that but I think it's great for those that are comfortable enough to do it.

It just totally blew my mind because this is the most straight laced guy you could ever meet. When he told me I thought he was kidding.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:12 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
For a good portion of my life I was a card carrying nudist. Years ago I was one of those people who didn't understand nudism and how you couldn't have as much fun and relaxation if you were wearing a swim suit. But I learned exactly what a wonderful feeling of freedom it gives you and what nice people and families you meet. You would be surprised at who some of the people are who go to these resorts.

When I started dating a lady about 15 years ago and we were getting serious I felt I should break it to her about my visits to various resorts around the State. There was a long pause on the phone and she said "Are you a swinger ??" I reassured her I was not and that nudism wasn't really about sex, but just freedom and relaxation. After a while she accompanied me to one resort for a weekend and she ended up loving it more than me. For my Birthday one year she gave us a weekend away at one resort, and she planned a lot of our vacations around clothing optional locations.

I don't participate now because I am single and most decent resorts do not want single males coming by themselves. They want to keep it family/couple friendly and restrict who can come in and who can not. But I would suggest that if anyone has been curious about it that you give it a try........I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Don

Old 06-05-2013, 12:54 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
LOL. He said the one he went to, clothes were forbidden completely. He said they even went to go eat dinner and everyone would be naked....

That would be a strange feeling to be sitting there with dinner tables and everyone nude....

Are the kitchen staff and servers also nude???

Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,077,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
For a good portion of my life I was a card carrying nudist.
Kinda curious what this card said.... and where you carried it.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,077,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post

Are the kitchen staff and servers also nude???
From what I've heard, that's the general idea.

I've been to a nude beach a few times but never to a nudist colony, so this is just hearsay. More nervous about poison ivy than about people looking at me. I figure if they don't like what they see, they can close their eyes. One great thing about a nudist colony--you never have to worry about getting stains on your clothes. And your outfit never goes out of style.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:18 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,900,579 times
One neighboring couple to another: "Why don't you come with us some day to the nudist camp where we are members; we'd love to see more of you."

Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 AM

13 posts, read 39,028 times
We are nudists. Social nudists who have belonged to a club for years that has members/visitors with ages from newborn to 70's. Body acceptance is much of the comfort that is enjoyed when clothes come off. Sounds like some of you probably don't like seeing old people, little kids, fat, thin, tall, short, or colored skin. Clothed or nude. Nudists accept bodies and judge the person - once you take how someone dresses and their body looks out of consideration, what else is left to judge? Our best friends are people we've met nude.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:17 AM

13 posts, read 19,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
When I lived in Germany in my 40's, my friends and I went once a month for a great time but I always was disgusted by some of the out of shape (mostly) older folks that were always there... I mean really, some of them were ardently flaunting themselves even though they (in my opinion) looked ghastly...If seasoned humans were covered in fur I suppose it would be OK, but BALD..!...YIKES...! The human body is a beautiful thing in youth but then time sets in and....well...knowwhatI'msayin....Do any retirees on this forum still go to these nature camps and do you have any informative experiences and/or urbane comments for discussion ...
First of all, nudist venues are not called "colonies". It is negative and patronising. There are clubs, camps, and resorts. Colonies are for ants and lepers.

You seriously need to grow up regarding your attitude towards the human body. It is not disgusting, it is your outlook that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement