Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:45 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,441,542 times

Advertisements

When I lived in Germany in my 40's, my friends and I went once a month for a great time but I always was disgusted by some of the out of shape (mostly) older folks that were always there... I mean really, some of them were ardently flaunting themselves even though they (in my opinion) looked ghastly...If seasoned humans were covered in fur I suppose it would be OK, but BALD..!...YIKES...! The human body is a beautiful thing in youth but then time sets in and....well...knowwhatI'msayin....Do any retirees on this forum still go to these nature camps and do you have any informative experiences and/or urbane comments for discussion ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 09:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,479,905 times
Wrinkles and sags aren't limited to the parts of the body you see everyday. Are you equally as repelled by facial wrinkles as you are by body sags?
edit to add: Can't help but wonder if you're also repelled by older folks in bathing suits at the beach. Do a few strips of cloth make all that big a difference to you? Which particular parts of the human anatomy so "ghastly" age, in your view - some more than others?

I've never been to or seriously considered visiting a nudist camp.
That said - here it goes: for as long as I can remember, I've always felt more comfortable nude than clothed, and I've never been bothered by others' nudity. Age has nothing to do with it for me, I feel the same about my own and others' bodies at 64 as I did at 24, it's all fine. My understanding of people who choose that lifestyle, pastime, (whatever, not sure) is that they're not at all into the voyeuristic aspects. I can relate to that. Anyone who can't shouldn't visit a nudist camp and I can't imagine why they'd worry about those who do.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 05-23-2013 at 10:04 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 01:35 AM

14,017 posts, read 20,844,390 times
Back in the 1970's my ex-wife and I belonged to a nudist camp in southern California. I was somewhat surprised that a number of quite over-weight people had conquered their self-consciousness and were there. Not a real pretty sight, but having to do more with weight and less with age. I haven't been to one since about 1980, but my body doesn't look very much different now than it did then. (And no, I don't think I'll be posting any comparison pictures in my City-Data profile, so don't even ask for them!)

Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,070,302 times
It's not my thing but I had the,perhaps mistaken, idea that those interested in nudist camps were people that had an accepting, non-judgemental viewpoint of physical appearance and its lack of importance
Guess I was wrong.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:44 AM

382 posts, read 585,791 times
OP I don't think that people who go to these places are gong to see young naked people. They go as a way of life. You need to go to a stripper bar it sounds like. Even there I have seen some skanky naked people. LOL. Its a way of life. From what I have been told being dressed to some people is like when you have been dressed for a few days and your clothes feel like they are strangling you. We have all felt that way, and these people feel that way all the time. They just like to go nude. If you want to walk around and see naked people you want to have sex with, out side of Clark County is a good place to be.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 AM

1,378 posts, read 3,201,100 times
I agree with the above comments. It's a lifestyle for nudists. Not about physical attraction.
Not for me......especially at my age. :/

Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 AM

105,903 posts, read 107,860,524 times
you can spot me there, i am the guy carrying two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts. ha ha ha

Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 AM

1,378 posts, read 3,201,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
you can spot me there, i am the guy carrying two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts. ha ha ha

Old 05-24-2013, 01:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,441,542 times
[quote=nutnfancy;29706922]OP I don't think that people who go to these places are gong to see young naked people. They go as a way of life. You need to go to a stripper bar it sounds like.}

Are you the forum shrink? I have been invited to a nature camp next week so the premise of the thread is to gather general impressions from mature experienced nudists and their thoughts about mingling with some people who have spent a lifetime neglecting their physique...NOT to see young naked people! I asked for any interesting personal experiences and courteous comments from retirees who are into the nudist lifestyle and posting here.... NOT any inimical and callow comments and conclusions from a person who has never experienced a nature camp.....

Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM

105,903 posts, read 107,860,524 times
I can go nude on my roller blades and be a pull toy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement