U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:09 PM

1,195 posts, read 4,993,294 times

Advertisements

Continuing the count down as winter rapidly approches seems the days tend be longer or at least they take longer to get over.

I'm cleaning up the spare rooms for repainting will be selling the house next spring hopefully it will sell faster than others, we have location along with a big shop separate from the house.

In a perfect world things will go as planned but until then we will continue our wait for June 1, 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 03:56 PM

8,235 posts, read 18,510,875 times
well, I guess I have 238 days left. I retire June 28th. We'll have to keep each other posted.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM

10,322 posts, read 9,374,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
Continuing the count down as winter rapidly approches seems the days tend be longer or at least they take longer to get over.

I'm cleaning up the spare rooms for repainting will be selling the house next spring hopefully it will sell faster than others, we have location along with a big shop separate from the house.

In a perfect world things will go as planned but until then we will continue our wait for June 1, 2008.
Good for you!!! Here is an online countdown timer:

Customized counter

I wish all the best for you guys!!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Katie that is awesome thank you, no not sure if I should count by hours, seconds or continue to count by days.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

66 posts, read 289,720 times
Good luck & Godspeed.
What are your plans?
Moving? Starting a business or expanding hobbies or traveling or hanging around with the grand-kids or fishing or landscaping or building or swimming or cruising or ...what.....?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
Katie that is awesome thank you, no not sure if I should count by hours, seconds or continue to count by days.
You're very welcome! I worked with a guy who during his last month at work wore a pin-on counter on his shirt that counted down the days/seconds. It was a riot!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up What ever pops up first

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcorbin View Post
Good luck & Godspeed.
What are your plans?
Moving? Starting a business or expanding hobbies or traveling or hanging around with the grand-kids or fishing or landscaping or building or swimming or cruising or ...what.....?
Actually we plan to become snow birds with homes in Nevada and Alaska, the family including 2 grandkids are here in Alaska but our hearts are in warmer country and road circut. Between the motorhome, Harley Davidson and our sports car we plan on doing some travel across the United States. Take in car shows, bike shows, NASCAR, air shows just the whole world will seem to open up to us and we can't wait.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:32 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,205,335 times
"It is 661 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
or 1 year, 9 months, 22 days excluding the end date" for my retirement date from the US Army.

Friends tell me that I shouldn't wish my life away, but being in the military nowadays, its hard not to.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
"It is 661 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
or 1 year, 9 months, 22 days excluding the end date" for my retirement date from the US Army.

Friends tell me that I shouldn't wish my life away, but being in the military nowadays, its hard not to.
I don't consider it 'wishing your life away', I view it as having something wonderful to look forward to, and to work for.

Can't understand why people like to rain on someone's parade by accusing them of wishing their life away.

Good for you and enjoy!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:12 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,050,067 times
Yes, I agree. A life without good things to look forward to is not much of a life, IMO. It's the journey that makes it all good.

Would you tell people who are counting down the days for a wedding that they are wishing their life away?

Or counting down the days when a loved one is to return from IRAQ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement