Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Look at his location, and he's complaining about the ACA while getting Romney care?
Maybe RomneyCare worked for him and ObamaCare will replace it and not work so well, hmm! That would seem to be his complaint. But then, I don't look at such things through partisan eyes. Being analytical can be a curse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Maybe RomneyCare worked for him and ObamaCare will replace it and not work so well, hmm! That would seem to be his complaint. But then, I don't look at such things through partisan eyes. Being analytical can be a curse.
Nothing partisan about it. Clearly what we had was broken, and people like myself are paying for others who choose not to provide for their families. Big business wasn't providing it, and companies like Walmart have made billions driving family owned business out and replacing living wage jobs with those where people qualify for government assistance in some perceived business success story.

The ACA has done nothing but good things for me so far, and only a fool would think going back to what we had was good. It kept my daughter covered to 26, and allowed her to buy her own with a pre-existing condition. It forced my plan to provide preventative care. Prior to the ACA I had to pay for birth control, and all immunizations. It has also created the exchanges where multi billion dollar companies must compete rather than people being taken advantage of by a commissioned slick salesman.

It takes guts to make such change in America, and I'm just sick of the multi-billion dollar campaign against doing what's right. Most people in America don't want free stuff, or a handout. They want a job with a wage that will provide a reasonable living for their family. The ACA is a step in the right direction for working Americans.

Your substantiation of your post is based clearly on supposition and has no basis in fact. I just found it interesting somebody talking down the ACA from a state the ACA was designed after. To me, that is partisan.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Nothing partisan about it. Clearly what we had was broken, and people like myself are paying for others who choose not to provide for their families. Big business wasn't providing it, and companies like Walmart have made billions driving family owned business out and replacing living wage jobs with those where people qualify for government assistance in some perceived business success story.

The ACA has done nothing but good things for me so far, and only a fool would think going back to what we had was good. It kept my daughter covered to 26, and allowed her to buy her own with a pre-existing condition. It forced my plan to provide preventative care. Prior to the ACA I had to pay for birth control, and all immunizations. It has also created the exchanges where multi billion dollar companies must compete rather than people being taken advantage of by a commissioned slick salesman.

It takes guts to make such change in America, and I'm just sick of the multi-billion dollar campaign against doing what's right. Most people in America don't want free stuff, or a handout. They want a job with a wage that will provide a reasonable living for their family. The ACA is a step in the right direction for working Americans.

Your substantiation of your post is based clearly on supposition and has no basis in fact. I just found it interesting somebody talking down the ACA from a state the ACA was designed after. To me, that is partisan.
As you will! I'm not going to argue with an obvious ideologue. G'Day!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:10 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Why blame Obama for this? It sounds to me that the fault lies with the employers and insurance companies and etc. who are using Obamacare as an excuse to dump unwanted 'customers'.
"Excuse" or "reason"? The simple fact is, without Obamacare, the person would have been able to keep their existing insurance plan. So, Obama is clearly to blame; I don't understand your train of thought at all.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
As you will! I'm not going to argue with an obvious ideologue. G'Day!
Would I still be an ideologue if I said I support Jan Brewer's stance on immigration? I'm not a sheeple (ideologue with wool over their eyes), but not afraid to speak out when something helps me, and others.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
"Excuse" or "reason"? The simple fact is, without Obamacare, the person would have been able to keep their existing insurance plan. So, Obama is clearly to blame; I don't understand your train of thought at all.
Instead of modifying the plans to comply with the ACA, the companies are choosing to drop them. That's the companies' choice - not Obama's. How can Obama be blamed for the companies' choices? I don't understand your train of thought, either.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Instead of modifying the plans to comply with the ACA, the companies are choosing to drop them. That's the companies' choice - not Obama's. How can Obama be blamed for the companies' choices? I don't understand your train of thought, either.
Exactly WHY are these insurance companies making these choices?

THINK!

If Obamacare didn't exist, would they still be making them? NOPE. Insurance companies, like other companies, use the free market to make decisions that will MAKE them money, not LOSE money. Obamacare effectively does away with the free market system we had.

You can't admit that your president lied. That's the real problem.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:

THINK!

If Obamacare didn't exist, would they still be making them? NOPE. Insurance companies, like other companies, use the free market to make decisions that will MAKE them money, not LOSE money. Obamacare effectively does away with the free market system we had.

You are so filled with hate you will do and say anything to prove a maligned point.
Was this wrong too?
Interstate Commerce Act of 1887 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was the breakup of standard oil, and ATT wrong? As citizens we expect government to govern, and when the free market is out of control we need governance.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:

THINK!

He lied about people being able to keep their policies. He doesn't run the insurance companies, and he had no business making that promise. He lied about people being able to keep their policies for an additional year. He doesn't run the insurance companies, and he had no business making that promise, either.

The insurance industry has become draconian in its practices in order to make their millions, and have priced the most vulnerable people out of the possiblity of holding insurance. That's the real problem, and that's what the ACA is a first step in resolving.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:57 AM

Most of the "most vulnerable people" pretty much get free healthcare anyway. For instance, poor residents of Dallas County TX use Parkland Hospital for their needs at no cost to them at all.

But what you are saying, and that I agree with, is that for people who want cheap healthcare are able to use subsidized plans - meaning you and I are helping to pay for their healthcare. True.

Here's what the insurance industry's PR firm (America's Health Plans) is saying about the issue:

"The only reason consumers are getting notices about their current coverage changing is because the ACA (Affordable Care Act) requires all polices to cover a broad range of benefits that go beyond what many people choose to purchase today."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement