Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:55 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,509,499 times

Advertisements

Bh is seizing up from disuse. Also
Beginning to lose memory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 10:36 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,987 times
Yes, my mental health has improved immensely. I was on stress overload, now I am not. Physical health wise, I would say I am basically the same...no real issues...thus far.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:16 AM

6,627 posts, read 7,342,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
My wife is dealing with several nagging health problems, first of which is her allergies. But she also frequently has headaches and tight muscles. She goes to a Chiropractor and gets a massage once a month, and that helps but it only cuts down on the pain and discomfort. I am hoping that her health, especially the allergies will improve after retirement, since she will not have the stress of her full time job to deal with. She also doesn't get enough sleep, IMHO. So what is your experience. Did your health noticeably improved after you retired?
Moving could help with the allergies. Better life style could help with the rest so health can improve.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:27 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
My health has absolutely improved since I retired, and my family doctor told me that she has never seen me so healthy. I work out at the Y, get enough sleep, cook healthy meals, and generally am enjoying life. We have pets, and I believe they help to keep me healthy. I have been playing Words With Friends and Candy Crush and could not believe that apps could actually help with my memory. I sure hope it continues, and I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:44 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
OP, has your wife been checked for sleep apnea? My husband has allergies and I can tell you we were both struggling to get a good night of sleep. A little melatonin helped both us to get enough rest. My husband has to take a shot once a week for his allergies but has resolved so my health issues for him.

My husband retired a few months ago and is getting better rest now and looks ten years younger. On Medicare we have found better doctors than what we had so I'm finally able to get some of my issues taken care of. One of my new meds is making my muscles feel like they are seizing up at night but it can also be caused from stress.

Best of luck, I'm sure she will be a whole new person about a month after she retires.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:21 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,711 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Yes, my mental health has improved immensely. I was on stress overload, now I am not. Physical health wise, I would say I am basically the same...no real issues...thus far.

mental health has improved immensely No more 3 month long annual 'Relative Ranking / annual reviews!!') I.e. blood letting

Physical Health has shown signs of aging (I should have retired at 35 as planned)

While NOT doing PT / temp jobs to fund health care... health is MUCH better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement